Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Christmas Vacation? Probably lose it around October or November

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

yabadabado wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure it said on the app it was Feb 1st.

Great show.

Slow to get going but really enjoyable after that
    I was actually advised to skip season one which I did

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is that the right list for February? It lists Rocks as coming but that's been on Netflix here since October?
    ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Parks & Recreation is still due in February, but they just haven't given it a date yet
    I'm pretty sure both of these discrepancies are due to this being a list of upcoming changes to US Netlfix.

I believe Rocks was only added to UK Netflix last year and is now being added to the US version and Parks and Rec isn't in the list as it's on Peacock in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Started watching Attack on Titan , Japanese anime , find it very good so far. Only Season 1 on Netflix, 25 episodes, but it's gone on Feb the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure both of these discrepancies are due to this being a list of upcoming changes to US Netlfix.

I believe Rocks was only added to UK Netflix last year and is now being added to the US version and Parks and Rec isn't in the list as it's on Peacock in the states.

it was down to be available from feb 1st , its disappeared of some of the lists but i hope its still coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oh deadly Blown Away is so good!

Delighted to see a second season of it , they are all so seriously talented !

peteeeed wrote: »
    it was down to be available from feb 1st , its disappeared of some of the lists but i hope its still coming
    App still says 1st Feb for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

lucalux wrote: »
    Can I ask what that means in terms of a tv show?! Not sure if good or bad..:)

Its grand, nothing deep, easy watch ,no agendas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mel123

Email in from Netflix, another price increase. That’s me gone (looking for alternative source). I’m on the 4 screen package and at 18€ it’s just becoming too expensive especially seeing as their content is getting so bad IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

mel123 wrote: »
    Email in from Netflix, another price increase. That’s me gone (looking for alternative source). I’m on the 4 screen package and at 18€ it’s just becoming too expensive especially seeing as their content is getting so bad IMO.

Shocking price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

You can get netflix cheaper if you use a vpn to buy from another country, see the Bargain Alerts thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

and theyve added nothing today but taken away three movies

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

Enjoying 'The Bodyguard'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

€18 for unlimited TV shows and movies on 4 devices is unbelievable value for a month. 60c a day.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Nal wrote: »
    €18 for unlimited TV shows and movies on 4 devices is unbelievable value for a month. 60c a day.

Especially if all 4 devices are used regularly. If not, there's cheaper packages available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Any changes to their most basic package?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Is there a similar thread for Now TV recommendations? Tried searching but could only find an Amazon Prime thread.

VonLuck wrote: »
    Is there a similar thread for Now TV recommendations? Tried searching but could only find an Amazon Prime thread.

There was a general streaming thread for a while but it didn't see much action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭budgemook

It's a shame the 4k is only available on the most expensive package. I have absolutely no need for 4 screens but would like access to the 4k content if it's there. Disney doesn't charge extra for that, not sure about Amazon.

Right now I possibly pay less for Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, NowTV entertainment and Starz per month compared to what I often spent on a single DVD ~20 years ago. And with an ever growing watch list made up of titles on all platforms, I certainly won't be complaining about value for money any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm not happy Netflix keeps raising its price but it's also the service I use the most. Plus we don't have any actual TV package ala Sky - which I've found quickly hits insane pricing if you add the various "optional"packages.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Is Long Shot any good?

I like Seth Rogan, and Charlize Theron is very easy on the eye........

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is Long Shot any good?

As rom coms go it's very good. Pretty funny in places and really good chemistry between the two leads imo.

Is Long Shot any good?

It's a tiny bit longer than it needs to be, and there's some maybe unnecessarily crude humour, but all in all it's a decent watch. I watched it only a week or so ago and it's genuinely very funny and enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I’d gladly pay €10 a month for one screen in 4K

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm not happy Netflix keeps raising its price but it's also the service I use the most. Plus we don't have any actual TV package ala Sky - which I've found quickly hits insane pricing if you add the various "optional"packages.
    Didn't they just get out of debt? They also have to contend with all the other services now and losing a few of their programmes. But IDK where I read this, I know it was last year some time, that EU (and possible US) stopped them from blocking VPN's etc. as it isn't illegal. People can purchase service from Argentina or Turkey etc. and it's perfectly legal. That might contribute to price hikes. Along with the EU regulations of 20% content..
    I am just thinking aloud with my keyboard.. :)
    Do all services supply the 20%?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Is Long Shot any good?

It's alright. Nothing memorable about it except the usual Rogen focus on drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I saw Long Shot in the cinema and really enjoyed it. Better than most modern romcoms which may sound like faint praise but it's very entertaining.

Been watching White Collar again recently, it's a series I dip in and out of when I need something easy to watch that doesn't require too much brain power. It's a procedural about an art thief who's forced to become a consultant for the FBI and it's perfectly fine, middle of the road TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I saw Long Shot in the cinema and really enjoyed it. Better than most modern romcoms which may sound like faint praise but it's very entertaining.

Been watching White Collar again recently, it's a series I dip in and out of when I need something easy to watch that doesn't require too much brain power. It's a procedural about an art thief who's forced to become a consultant for the FBI and it's perfectly fine, middle of the road TV.

Really liked White Collar, as you say it's not too taxing on the brain cells and I like Matt Bomer, he's a good actor - and Tiffany Amber Thiessen is still a stone cold fox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anybody watch Superstore ? I seen it was trending and it has a Parks/The Office vibe about it !
    I’ll chance an episode or two anyways

Advertisement