Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Stuck in hospital for a few days and started bingeing Still Game, really funny programme

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Watched Self/Less there over the weekend and enjoyed it very much.

Ben Kingsley & Ryan Reynolds Sci-Fi Thriller. Its a 2015 film, but hadn't seen it before on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Started Superstore last night. Only 2 episodes in but I like it so far! Light and short. I like the small scene snippets where the customers are doing ridiculous things, that are no doubt based on real events (e.g. kid on a potty in the middle of an isle, staff member asleep on the bed display).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I second Superstore for a giggle in nice short 20 min episodes.

Finished Informer last night. Another excellent BBC mini series.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Watched the second series of Blown Away. It's basically Great British Bake off with glass blowing. Some of the things they make are unbelievable, you'd never even think it was glass.

Also watched latest series of inside the world's toughest prisons. The Philippines one was really bad, forty men in a cell spooning each other! People getting chucked in there for years before they even get a trial. The Greenland prison you'd pay €2000 a month rent for here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Oh I've been looking forward to this.I wonder if its true that Sean Bean only takes on roles now where he isn't killed off.Only time will tell :p

I hate to break it to you but it's actually a myth, he survives in over 90% of his roles - it's just that he dies in two/three of his most famous roles

But he plays along with it, I think there was a Hitman game a year or so ago where one of the missions was to kill Sean Bean, who plays himself

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I second Superstore for a giggle in nice short 20 min episodes.

Finished Informer last night. Another excellent BBC mini series.

I saw that last weekend. Would I be right in thinking it an American version of Trollied ? I still watch clips of that back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I saw that last weekend. Would I be right in thinking it an American version of Trollied ? I still watch clips of that back.

I’ve never seen Trollied but I looked it up on IMDb and it seems to be similar alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

2 episodes into informer. Really enjoying it so far.

Paddy considine brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Been binge watching Superstore since I finished binge watching the Office (UK for the umpteen time and US for the second.)

Haven't seen Trollied but sounds similar alright.

It's a harmless 20 min watch with some genuine LOL moments. Aside from not being a mockumentary its very much along the lines of the Offices. Co-workers, will they, won't they etc. Doesn't have near the cleverness of the Office but is quite enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Larsso30 wrote: »
    2 episodes into informer. Really enjoying it so far.

Paddy considine brilliant

Best show I have watched in a long time, It is very tense and great acting..
    I have only 1 episode left to watch, I dont want it to finish !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Night Stalker - the two detectives got caught up in fame. They had the sting setup at the dentist, made a balls of that. A simple phone call maybe? Which lead to other needless people dying.

They got píssed when law enforcement went public with Ramirez, and it was the public who caught him. Two clowns. Absolute bellends.

Penguin Bloom
    As a mom copes with the aftermath of a harrowing accident, she finds inspiration from an injured magpie taken in by her family. Based on a true story.

BONDING Season 2
    A New York City grad student moonlighting as a dominatrix enlists her gay BFF from high school to be her assistant.

50M2
    Seeking to uncover the truth about his past, a henchman betrays someone close to him and assumes a new identity in a small Istanbul neighborhood.

Accomplice
    Traverse the globe with the world's top riders as they pedal through rugged terrain and majestic locations in this visual homage to the bicycle.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Night Stalker - the two detectives got caught up in fame. They had the sting setup at the dentist, made a balls of that. A simple phone call maybe? Which lead to other needless people dying.

They got píssed when law enforcement went public with Ramirez, and it was the public who caught him. Two clowns. Absolute bellends.

Don't think that was the case at all, it was there great work that caught him. Clearly the surveillance of the dentist was pulled above their head and the device to alert them failed, your talking 30+ years ago, technology far from what it is today

And the fact ramirez near lynched when caught says to me they were justified in their opinion not to release his info publically

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Bit harsh. The LAPD came across as the clowns if you ask me. They
    messed up the dentist sting
    and
    left a car to be dusted for prints out in the elements for days

The amount of groupies the Night Stalker had was actually sickening, especially given the type of crimes he committed amongst
    all age groups
    . Wtf is wrong with some people?

spolier tags needed above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

peteeeed wrote: »
    spolier tags needed above

Exactly...haven't gotten around to watching it yet and regret visiting this thread this morning!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭budgemook

Watched a few films over the last few nights.

Long Shot

This wasn't the worst thing I have ever seen. I was close to turning it off 15 mins in but it improved slightly and became just about watchable. I know we're supposed to suspend our disbelief and all that but it's just so daft. The actors are likeable enough in their roles though I suppose.

Booksmart

It's okay - Super Bad with female leads. Reminded me very much of Blockers which was the first movie I heard described as Super Bad with female leads.

White Tiger

This is great. Enjoyed it from start to finish - it's pretty gritty and paints a poor picture of life in India but it's a good story with plenty of surprises along the way. Was good to watch a proper film after the previous two lowered my IQ a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Tim76 wrote: »

Bit harsh. The LAPD came across as the clowns if you ask me. They
    messed up the dentist sting
    and
    left a car to be dusted for prints out in the elements for days

The amount of groupies the Night Stalker had was actually sickening, especially given the type of crimes he committed amongst
    all age groups
    . Wtf is wrong with some people?

He got married to one of them in prison, I can guarantee u if he was alone with her outside of prison she would have been one of his victims. Their wedding photo is very creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched the pilot of superstore and I liked it. There’s a few good characters that I think I could like and a couple of very funny moments.

Hotel Artemis
    In dystopian LA, a nurse patches up criminals at a secret hospital with strict rules. But when riots close in and the owner arrives, all bets are off

added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I started Superstore and couldn't really get into it tbh, just not for me. Found a lot of the characters quite annoying. I did just reaise though that the actress playing Amy is the same actress who played Ugly Betty.

Also watched Upgrade a few nights ago and really enjoyed it. It follows a quadriplegic man who gets an advanced chip implanted to help him walk and goes looking for revenge. I don't want to say anymore than that but it's very good although it takes a while to get going.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

peteeeed wrote: »
    Hotel Artemis
    In dystopian LA, a nurse patches up criminals at a secret hospital with strict rules. But when riots close in and the owner arrives, all bets are off

added

Saw this back when it originally came out; 's OK, very much trying too hard to be a trashy, old-school B movie - but just lacked that pulse of exploitation the real deal usually had. Plus it completely wasted Jeff Goldblum as a crime boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

budgemook wrote: »
    Watched a few films over the last few nights.

Long Shot

This wasn't the worst thing I have ever seen. I was close to turning it off 15 mins in but it improved slightly and became just about watchable. I know we're supposed to suspend our disbelief and all that but it's just so daft. The actors are likeable enough in their roles though I suppose.

Booksmart

It's okay - Super Bad with female leads. Reminded me very much of Blockers which was the first movie I heard described as Super Bad with female leads.

White Tiger

This is great. Enjoyed it from start to finish - it's pretty gritty and paints a poor picture of life in India but it's a good story with plenty of surprises along the way. Was good to watch a proper film after the previous two lowered my IQ a little bit.
    Watched White Tiger from this. Worth watching, though wouldn't sell India to you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

4Ad wrote: »
    Best show I have watched in a long time, It is very tense and great acting..
    I have only 1 episode left to watch, I dont want it to finish !!

I agree with that, two episodes in and really enjoying it. The BBC are very good at this type of drama.
    Just a grittier more realistic feel than the American shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Thats a very strange take on the case and the series.

Advertisement