Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

I binged Reckoning and I don't know why....I suppose that's a recommendation in a way.

Its so bad, painfully so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Dig
    As WWII looms, a wealthy widow (Carey Mulligan) hires an amateur archaeologist (Ralph Fiennes) to excavate the burial mounds on her estate. When they make a historic discovery, the echoes of Britain’s past resonate in the face of its uncertain future‎.

Below Zero (Spainish)
    When a prisoner transfer van is attacked, the cop in charge must fight those inside and outside while dealing with a silent foe: the icy temperatures.

We Are: The Brooklyn Saints season 1
    A Brooklyn youth football program and its selfless coaches provide a safe haven for kids to compete and learn lessons that will take them far in life

Finding 'Ohana
    In Oʻahu for the summer, two siblings from Brooklyn connect with their Hawaiian heritage -- and their family -- on a daring quest for long-lost treasure

added

• Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Call my Agent, je l'aime beaucoup

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

C'est vrai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Fritz Laings "Womaninthewindow" classic film noir screening until 31/1/21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

The Vanished isnt a bad thriller...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Was wondering if it was worth a watch....might check it out over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I was going to watch this. But it got such bad reviews,I let it go.
    I love whodunit thrillers, and think I'll give it a spin so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭budgemook

The Dig is supposed to be good - there were a few reviews in the Irish media last weekend. Will check it out tonight I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Was wondering if it was worth a watch....might check it out over the weekend!

I liked it, It was good enough that I did not fall asleep watching it like most other nights :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Finished Informer last night. Would recommend.

Liked 'The Vanished' too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

budgemook wrote: »
    The Dig is supposed to be good - there were a few reviews in the Irish media last weekend. Will check it out tonight I'd say.

I am loving it so much that I am saving half for tomorrow night!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Best thing on TV, honestly. It's hard getting up in the morning when you've stayed up waaaay too late because you don't want to stop watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

pottokblue wrote: »
    Fritz Laings "Womaninthewindow" classic film noir screening until 31/1/21

By chance I came across a great interview William Friedkin(The Exorcist, French connection)did with Fritz lang in 1975. It's on youtube and it's an absolutely fascinating watch. Well worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Finished Informer last night. Would recommend.

Liked 'The Vanished' too.

I found that The Vanished was way over the top, I watched about an hour of it but I probably will finish it though.

Watched the 1st episode of Informer and thought it was interesting so I'll definitely continue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Started to watch The Vanished, got bored looked up the plot, meh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭budgemook

Ended up watching Wild Rose instead of The Dig tonight. Would recommend it - predictable enough movie about a young country singer in Glasgow trying to balance her dreams of going to Nashville to sing with being a mother to two young kids. Great performance from Jessie Buckley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭dublin49

watched the Dig tonite,what I would call a worthy film .the sort the brits do really well.If ts excitement you are looking for. look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Pineapple Express

Always worth a watch. Very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just finished White Tiger.
    Thought it wasn't great.
    Actually I thought it was rubbish.
    Depicted India well, a corrupt kip...
    Nice food though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I stuck on Vampires Vs The Bronx last night and it was good fun, essentially a pre-pandemic update of the likes of Lost Boys or Fright Night set in the Bronx.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭newirishman

4Ad wrote: »
    Just finished White Tiger.

Depicted India well, a corrupt kip...

Well, that’s because it is, essentially.

Doesn’t mean there aren’t beautiful places and nice people as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Started to watch The Vanished, got bored looked up the plot, meh

I wouldn't consider it in any way boring. watched it last night, and it's fairly intense. The acting is woeful, but the whole concept of it is good in my opinion.
    Maybe the acting is supposed to be like that for a reason, after thinking about it retrospectively. If not, the 2 main characters would fit right in to an episode of Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

1st episode of The Informer watched
    Looks really good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

km79 wrote: »
    1st episode of The Informer watched
    Looks really good

I have seen some great BBC shows on netflix, collateral, unforgotten, are 2 that spring to mind. Currently watching the informer as well and agree it's great.
    BBC do good drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

joe40 wrote: »
    I have seen some great BBC shows on netflix, collateral, unforgotten, are 2 that spring to mind. Currently watching the informer as well and agree it's great.
    BBC do good drama.

Unforgetten was a ITV show.
    Still good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

I wouldn't consider it in any way boring. watched it last night, and it's fairly intense. The acting is woeful, but the whole concept of it is good in my opinion.
    Maybe the acting is supposed to be like that for a reason, after thinking about it retrospectively. If not, the 2 main characters would fit right in to an episode of Fair City.

Thought it was tripe myself. Decent idea there but so many holes in the story, just so so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Unforgetten was a ITV show.
    Still good though.

Oops sorry,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

It was too slow,too dull, spoiler: The unlikelyhood of the 2 parents imagining the child was with them was too much)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

dublin49 wrote: »
    watched The Dig tonite,what I would call a worthy film .the sort the brits do really well.If ts excitement you are looking for. look elsewhere.

I also watched this last night. An hour 52 of pure cinematic treasure. Was in the area on holiday some years ago and visited Sutton Hoo but didn't know about this story.

Advertisement