Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DonnaNol

The end of the F*** world. A little bit naive, but still my favorite.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

You Don't Mess with the Zohan
    An Israeli counterterrorism soldier with a secretly fabulous ambition to become a Manhattan hairstylist will do anything to make his dreams come true

Hello Ninja season 4
    BFFs Wesley and Georgie and their silly cat sidekick Pretzel transform into ninjas and enter a magic world, where they solve problems and save the day.

added

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Not sure if it's ever been mentioned in this or the previous threads, but Trailer Park Boys is quite possibly one of the funniest shows ever made.

They've done around 12 seasons of live action, and now it's switched over to an animated series (and even how they deal with the switchover to animation from live action is utterly brilliant).

The term 'Off the Wall' is used a lot to describe things, but for Trailer Park Boys, it really is justified.

I'd recommend anyone that has never watched any of it to give it a go.

WzIyx6F.gif

Far too many highlights to mention.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

We watched Damsel last night and thought it was good. Robert Pattinson is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭budgemook

Not sure if it's ever been mentioned in this or the previous threads, but Trailer Park Boys is quite possibly one of the funniest shows ever made.

They've done around 12 seasons of live action, and now it's switched over to an animated series (and even how they deal with the switchover to animation from live action is utterly brilliant).

The term 'Off the Wall' is used a lot to describe things, but for Trailer Park Boys, it really is justified.

I'd recommend anyone that has never watched any of it to give it a go.

WzIyx6F.gif

Far too many highlights to mention.....

"I am the liquor Randy"

Was a big fan but like a lot of these things it ran its course a while back. Admittedly I have not seen the animated show.

Season's 1 - 5 are top notch.

• Advertisement

budgemook wrote: »
    "I am the liquor Randy"

Was a big fan but like a lot of these things it ran its course a while back. Admittedly I have not seen the animated show.

Season's 1 - 5 are top notch.

The latter seasons certainly weren't as good as what came before, and the introduction of some newer characters probably diluted it somewhat, but still as hair brained as ever, and still worth the watch in my opinion (particularly season 12, when they 'transition' into cartoons at the end of it).

It probably got a little too big for its boots when the likes of Snoop Dogg & Tom Arnold show up for a few episodes..

I've only watched 2 episodes of the animated series, but so far they were very good, and perhaps the new lease of life the series needed, as they can do so much more now that they are animating it (including keeping Jim Lahey, despite John Dunsworth sadly passing away)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

peteeeed wrote: »
    You Don't Mess with the Zohan
    An Israeli counterterrorism soldier with a secretly fabulous ambition to become a Manhattan hairstylist will do anything to make his dreams come true

Hello Ninja season 4
    BFFs Wesley and Georgie and their silly cat sidekick Pretzel transform into ninjas and enter a magic world, where they solve problems and save the day.

added

You don’t mess with the Zohan is hilarious!!!!! One of my favourite Adam Sandler films.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Started to watch Bridget Jones Diary with the family. We gave up after 20 mins. I was never a fan but it really has not aged well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Another recommendation for Tag. Doesn't over stay its welcome and it's pacey.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

It probably got a little too big for its boots when the likes of Snoop Dogg & Tom Arnold show up for a few episodes..

I've only watched 2 episodes of the animated series, but so far they were very good, and perhaps the new lease of life the series needed, as they can do so much more now that they are animating it (including keeping Jim Lahey, despite John Dunsworth sadly passing away)

The show really is excellent but it did lose its way once or twice. The snoop dog stuff was a stupid idea.

I see they have a new season on their swearnet site.

• Advertisement

dubstepper wrote: »
    I see they have a new season on their swearnet site.

I think it's an offshoot, with (some of) the boys in prison, and everything captured on the prison CCTV system..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I managed to get my chromecast working on the phone and wanted to show my housemates an episode or 2 from Inside Number 9, but couldn't find it anymore on the Netflix menu, has the whole series been removed.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I managed to get my chromecast working on the phone and wanted to show my housemates an episode or 2 from Inside Number 9, but couldn't find it anymore on the Netflix menu, has the whole series been removed.

I think it's been gone for a few months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Anyone looking to watch a great tv show, Ozark is well worth it! :-) Keeps you at the edge of your seat.

Yep , one of the best shows I’ve watched in netflicks.
    I got breaking bad vibes from it. Fab tension throughout
    Really looking forward to season 4 (unfortunately final season)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭505_

Agree with recommendations for Ozark. Completely binged it last lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I watched a four part british dama called Cheat over the last two days. It's centered around a college professor accusing one of her students of cheating and their relationship which follows.

It's not a bad little mini series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

The Night Stalker is very good. 4 part doc about serial killer Richard Ramirez.
    A truly evil bāstard.
    Seen from the eyes of the detectives who were chasing him.

Daughter From Another Mother season 1 (Mexican)
    After realizing their babies were exchanged at birth, two women develop a plan to adjust to their new lives: creating a single --and peculiar-- family.

Sightless
    A former violinist grows suspicious of the new people in her life and their alarming behavior as she recovers from an assault that left her blind

Spycraft
    The spy game is a serious business, and throughout history, the tools and technologies developed for it have mattered as much as the spies themselves.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭p to the e

Really enjoying Call My Agent. It took me a series and a half to realise that the French movie stars they’re representing are real French movie stars!

I also learned that the French movie business is the second biggest in the world after the US. Can you name one French movie you’ve watched? :rolleyes:

One night in Paris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Daz_ wrote: »
    Deadly games Manhunt season 2 very enjoyable so far .

Season 2 isn't out until Feb ( US ) ?

Watched Season 1 yesterday ( US ). Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

McGrath5 wrote: »
    The Night Stalker documentary series is excellent, best original content from Netflix in a long time.

Would second that. Don't watch before bed though:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The Untouchables 2011 french film is excellent.

There was an American remake a couple of years ago with Kevin Hart and Bryan Crantson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

p to the e wrote: »
    One night in Paris

Hmmm, that was a bit saucy wasn’t it? I may have watched that. Another one that comes to mind is Blue is the Warmest Colour. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

dalyboy wrote: »
    Yep , one of the best shows I’ve watched in netflicks.
    I got breaking bad vibes from it. Fab tension throughout
    Really looking forward to season 4 (unfortunately final season)
    505_ wrote: »
    Agree with recommendations for Ozark. Completely binged it last lockdown.

personally thought it was awful. watched the first season but that was enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I thought Ozark was OK but has gradually gotten worse.
    It's not on the same level to Breaking Bad.

Master of none returning for a 3rd season on netflix set in London

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2021/01/07/47610/aziz_ansaris_master_of_none_to_return

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Really enjoying Call My Agent. It took me a series and a half to realise that the French movie stars they’re representing are real French movie stars!

I also learned that the French movie business is the second biggest in the world after the US. Can you name one French movie you’ve watched? :rolleyes:

Banilue 13 by Luc Besson, great film

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2021/01/07/47610/aziz_ansaris_master_of_none_to_return

Best news I've heard all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Delighted. Hopefully the awful metoo crap he was dragged into hasn't affected his confidence.

Advertisement