Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Sorry to hear that you didn't get your pardon today BTW, @JoeExotic81.

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/status/1351873510684168193?s=20

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oh man, they are never going to financially recover from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that you didn't get your pardon today BTW, @JoeExotic81.

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/status/1351873510684168193?s=20

That goddamn b!tch carol outbid me!! Lil Wayne!! Lil fvckin Wayne!!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Was there any update on the other series of Line of Duty being added?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Really enjoying Call My Agent. It took me a series and a half to realise that the French movie stars they’re representing are real French movie stars!

I also learned that the French movie business is the second biggest in the world after the US. Can you name one French movie you’ve watched? :rolleyes:

Not too sure what you mean by that but the French have made some great movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Really enjoying Call My Agent. It took me a series and a half to realise that the French movie stars they’re representing are real French movie stars!

I also learned that the French movie business is the second biggest in the world after the US. Can you name one French movie you’ve watched? :rolleyes:

La Haine, if you haven't seen it then you're seriously missing out.

Dobermann, highly recommended if you're looking for an action movie.

The Intouchables, the US remake was decent but this is a better movie.

Amelie, Irreversible, A Prophet, The Artist.

The list goes on and on but unfortunately I don't think any of the above are on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭al87987

Great list. Would add Mesrine to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Meserine was such a cool movie. Was vince cassel in that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Call My Agent! Season 4
    At a top Paris talent firm, agents scramble to keep their star clients happy -- and their business afloat -- after an unexpected crisis.

Riverdale Season 5
    While navigating the troubled waters of sex, romance, school and family, teen Archie and his gang become entangled in a dark Riverdale mystery.

Added

Anyone Who likes looking at those fireplace videos like Crackling Birchwood from Fireplace for Your Home - bad news , they're gone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Anyone Who likes looking at those fireplace videos like Crackling Birchwood from Fireplace for Your Home - bad news , they're gone
    Nooooooooooooo

(genuinely use these every now and then)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Riverdale Season 5
    While navigating the troubled waters of sex, romance, school and family, teen Archie and his gang become entangled in a dark Riverdale mystery.

I don't watch Riverdale but it'll be interesting hear if they did anything about the criticism they received regarding "token" cast members who were there to fill a diversity quota and not given any storylines

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Superstore is harmless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭lucalux

Superstore is harmless

Can I ask what that means in terms of a tv show?! Not sure if good or bad..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

lucalux wrote: »
    Can I ask what that means in terms of a tv show?! Not sure if good or bad..:)
    Yeah, i'd say it's accurate.

Episodes will wash over you and give you a smirk but after watching most of the first season, don't feel really compelled to watch more.

It's not bad.. it's just.. OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooo

(genuinely use these every now and then)

Pretty sure you tube have them as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭lucalux

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Pretty sure you tube have them as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuHSBSLK3_A

Here's one. Might be an issue with ads, but I have an adblocker so not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah, I first came across the exact videos first on YouTube but was happy to then see them ad free on Netflix.

Feel a little embarrassed now that a recording of a fire burning is the talk of the Netflix recommendation thread. I'm sure I'll live without them. :)

Fate: The Winx Saga: Season 1
    Fate: The Winx Saga follows the coming-of-age journey of five fairies attending Alfea, a magical boarding school in the Otherworld where they must learn to master their magical powers while navigating love, rivalries, and the monsters that threaten their very existence.

White Tiger
    99 Homes helmer Ramin Bahrani is writing and directing this adaptation of the New York Times bestseller and 2008 Man Booker Prize-winning novel, written by Aravind Adiga. The film tells the epic journey of a poor Indian driver (Adarsh Gourav) who uses his wit and cunning to break free from servitude to his rich masters (Rajkummar Rao and Priyanka Chopra Jonas) and rise to the top of the heap. Murder, love and deceit become the ultimate price for ambition.

My Grandma’s a Lesbian (Spainish)
    Two women in their 70s decide to come out to their families and get married, sparking chaos — and threatening a granddaughter’s engagement.

Jurassic Park: Camp Cretaceous: Season 2
    Set within the same timeline as the Jurassic World film franchise, the animated series follows a group of six teenagers chosen for a once-in-a-lifetime experience at a new adventure camp on the opposite side of the familiar island. But when dinosaurs wreak havoc across the island, the campers are stranded. Unable to reach the outside world, they’ll need to go from strangers to friends to family if they’re going to survive. Season 2 picks up as the stranded campers struggle to survive on Isla Nublar, with the stakes getting higher and higher.

Blown Away Season 2
    Ten master artists turn up the heat in glassblowing sculpture challenges for the chance to win $60,000 in prizes and the title of champion

Busted! (Busted! I Know Who You Are!) season 3 (Korean)
    Tackling different mysteries in each episode of this game show, seven sleuths get closer to solving the biggest one of all: What happened to Project D?

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Manga)
    After a demon attack leaves his family slain and his sister cursed, Tanjiro embarks upon a perilous journey to find a cure and avenge those he's lost.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Fate: The Winx Saga: Season 1
    Fate: The Winx Saga follows the coming-of-age journey of five fairies attending Alfea, a magical boarding school in the Otherworld where they must learn to master their magical powers while navigating love, rivalries, and the monsters that threaten their very existence.

White Tiger
    99 Homes helmer Ramin Bahrani is writing and directing this adaptation of the New York Times bestseller and 2008 Man Booker Prize-winning novel, written by Aravind Adiga. The film tells the epic journey of a poor Indian driver (Adarsh Gourav) who uses his wit and cunning to break free from servitude to his rich masters (Rajkummar Rao and Priyanka Chopra Jonas) and rise to the top of the heap. Murder, love and deceit become the ultimate price for ambition.

My Grandma’s a Lesbian (Spainish)
    Two women in their 70s decide to come out to their families and get married, sparking chaos — and threatening a granddaughter’s engagement.

Jurassic Park: Camp Cretaceous: Season 2
    Set within the same timeline as the Jurassic World film franchise, the animated series follows a group of six teenagers chosen for a once-in-a-lifetime experience at a new adventure camp on the opposite side of the familiar island. But when dinosaurs wreak havoc across the island, the campers are stranded. Unable to reach the outside world, they’ll need to go from strangers to friends to family if they’re going to survive. Season 2 picks up as the stranded campers struggle to survive on Isla Nublar, with the stakes getting higher and higher.

Blown Away Season 2
    Ten master artists turn up the heat in glassblowing sculpture challenges for the chance to win $60,000 in prizes and the title of champion

Busted! (Busted! I Know Who You Are!) season 3 (Korean)
    Tackling different mysteries in each episode of this game show, seven sleuths get closer to solving the biggest one of all: What happened to Project D?

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Manga)
    After a demon attack leaves his family slain and his sister cursed, Tanjiro embarks upon a perilous journey to find a cure and avenge those he's lost.

added

Oh deadly Blown Away is so good!

What’s Coming to Netflix in February 2021 So Far

N=Netflix original

February TBD
    Made You Look: A True Story about Fake Art (2020)
    Sisyphus N
    There’s Someone Inside Your House (2021) N – Shawn Levy produced slasher film based on the book – wasn’t in the confirmed list by Netflix but was featured in the EW year preview so 50/50.
    Vincenzo N

February 1st
    Beverly Hills Ninja (1997) – Chris Farley stars in this comedy about a man rescuing a woman with the help of his little brother.
    Eat Pray Love (2010) – Ryan Murphy directed romance about a woman hoping to find herself on a trip around the world after a divorce.
    Heartland (Season 12) – At least one new season of Heartland will be on Netflix starting February 1st (perhaps two).

Inception (2010) – The incredible Christopher Nolan about dreams within dreams.
    Love Daily (Season 1) – Anthology romantic series about 12 stories of 12 different young couples.
    Money Talks (1997) – Charlie Sheen and Chris Tucker feature in this action-comedy about a small-time huckster making a deal with a TV newsman.
    My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997) – Julia Roberts Oscar-nominated rom-com.
    My Dead Ex (Season 1) – 8 episode romance story.
    National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989) – The Griswold’s Christmas plans go to pot.
    Rocks (2019) – British movie about a young teenage girl struggling after being abandoned to live on the streets alone with her young brother.
    shutter island netflix february 2021

Shutter Island (2010) – Leonardo DiCaprio plays a US Marshal who is investigating a murderer who escaped from a hospital.
    The Bank Job (2008) – Jason Statham action thriller about a bank hit in London.
    The House Arrest of Us (Season 1) – Filipino romantic comedy series.
    The Patriot (2000) – The Mel Gibson Oscar-nominated historical drama about a farmer becoming a leader during the American Revolution.
    The Unsettling (Season 1) – Becca moves into a new foster home where weird things begin happening.
    Zac and Mia (Seasons 1-2) – Drama series about two girls battling cancer in the same hospital.
    Zathura: A Space Adventure (2005) – Jon Favreau directs this comedy about two young brothers who hurtle through space in their house.
    Zig & Sharko (Season 3) – Animated kids series.
    What’s Coming to Netflix on February 2nd

Kid Cosmic (Season 1) N – Animated kids adventure series about a young boy getting his wish of becoming a superhero.
    Mighty Express (Season 2) N – Second season of the animated kids series from the creator of Paw Patrol.
    Tiffany Haddish Presents: They Ready (Season 2) N – The second season of the Tiffany Haddish sketch show.

February 3rd
    All My Friends Are Dead (2021) N – Polish New Year’s Eve thriller where crazy and gory events unfold.
    Black Beach (2020) N – Spanish drama about a businessman who has to help rescue a US engineer who has been kidnapped.
    firefly lane netflix february 2021

Firefly Lane (Season 1) N – Highly anticipated drama series adapting the novels and covers a friendship that spans several decades.

February 5th
    Hache (Season 2) N – The Spanish series about a woman thrust into the drug trade during the 60s.
    Invisible City (Season 1) N – Brazillian fantasy series about an underground world inhabited by mythical creatures.
    Little Big Women (2021) N – Korean drama.
    Malcolm & Marie (2021) N – An intimate drama starring Zendaya and John David Washington.

Space Sweepers (2021) N – Korean sci-fi space drama about a space crew in 2092.
    Strip Down, Rise Up (2021) N – Documentary from Michèle Ohayon looking into how taking up pole dancing can do wonders for your body and mind.
    The Last Paradiso / L’ultimo paradise (2021) – Italian romace movie from Rocco Ricciardulli.
    The Yin-Yang Master: Dream of Eternity (2021) N – Mandarin fantasy.

February 6th
    The Sinner (Season 3) – The third thrilling series of the USA Network thriller where Harry Ambrose investigates a new case.

February 8th
    iCarly (Seasons 1-2) – First two seasons of the Nickelodeon series.

War Dogs (2016) – True story of two men who won a $300 million contract from the Pentagon.

February 10th
    Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel (Season 1) N – New docu-series from the creator of The Ted Bundy Tapes looking into a guest abduction from an infamous hotel.
    The Misadventures of Hedi and Cokeman (2021) N – French movie.
    The World We Make (2019) – Brian Baugh & George D. Escobar direct this drama about two 18-year-olds hoping to build a life together but tensions build in their small town.

February 11th
    Capitani (Season 1) N – Crime series from Luxembourg about a detective looking into the murder of a young teenage girl.
    Layla Majnun (2021) N – Indonesian romantic movie.
    Middle of Nowhere (2012) – Ava DuVernay writes and directs this movie about a woman going through self-discovery while dropping out of medical school to help her husband who has been incarcerated.

Red Dot (2021) N – Swedish thriller and the first Netflix Original from the region about a pregnant woman who attempts to rekindle her relationship but the weekend turns out to be hell.
    Squared Love (2021) N – Polish romantic movie about a celeb and gossip journalist who starts to regret his decisions after falling for one of his subjects.

February 12th
    Buried by the Bernards (Season 1) N – Reality series.
    Hate by Dani Rovira (2021) N – Spanish stand-up special.
    Nadiya Bakes (Season 1) N – The Great British Baking Show Nadiya Hussain presents a docu-series sharing her favorite recipes for baking cakes, pastries, and more.

To All the Boys: Always and Forever, Lara Jean (2021) N – The third entry in the To All the Boys franchise which was filmed in secret.
    Xico’s Journey (2021) N – Mexican animated feature about three friends trying to stop miners from destroying their home environment.
    What’s Coming to Netflix on February 13th
    Monsoon (2019) – A British/Vietnamese co-production about a man returning home after 30 years following the Vietnam-American war.

February 15th
    Booba (Season 4) – Russian cartoon series.
    the crew netflix season 1 february 2021

The Crew (Season 1) N – Comedy-sitcom starring Kevin James about a NASCAR crew chief.
    What’s Coming to Netflix on February 16th
    Animals On The Loose – A You Vs Wild Movie (2021) N – Second interactive special starring Bear Grylls.
    Good Girls (Season 3) – NBC comedy series starring Christina Hendricks, Retta and Mae Whitman.

February 17th
    Behind Her Eyes (Season 1) N – British mystery thriller series.
    Hello, Me! (Season 1) N – New episodes drop weekly – woman gets tips and tricks from her younger self when in a rut.
    MeatEater (Season 9 Part 2) N – Second half of the reality series about a man traveling and exploring the vast wilderness.
    What’s Coming to Netflix on February 18th
    Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan (Season 1) N – Anime mini-series about a manga creator experiencing paranormal events.

February 19th
    I Care a Lot (2021) N – Drama starring Peter Dinklage, Rosamund Pike and Eiza González about a legal guardian who causes a rift after she sees money in her eyes.
    Tribes of Europa (Season 1) N – Big budget sci-fi series from Germany about three siblings attempting to change the world.

February 20th
    Classmates Minus (2020) N – Taiwanese drama.

February 21st
    The Conjuring (2013) – Joey King horror movie.
    The Conjuring 2 (2016) – Sequel to The Conjuring.
    What’s Coming to Netflix on February 23rd
    Brian Regan: On The Rocks (2021) N – American stand-up comedian known for his self-deprecating humor debuts on Netflix.
    Pelé (2021) N – Documentary on the famed Brazillian soccer player.

February 24th
    Canine Intervention N
    Ginny & Georgia (Season 1) N – Gilmore Girls spiritual successor about a mother and daughter team who moves to New England.
    Two Sentence Horror Stories (Season 2) – The CW’s anthology horror series.

February 25th
    Geez & Ann (2021) N – Indonesian romantic drama.
    High-Rise Invasion (Season 1) N – Anime series adapted from the manga.

February 26th
    Bigfoot Family (2020) N – French animated feature film that’s a follow up to Son of Bigfoot.
    Call Me Crazy (2021) N – Spanish romantic drama.
    Captain Fantastic (2016) – Matt Ross directs this comedy about a devoted father of six kids who are isolated from the rest of the world until now.
    Caught by a Wave / Sulla Stessa Onda (2021) N – Italian sports drama directed by Massimiliano Camaiti.
    No Escape (2015) – Owen Wilson thriller about a family finding themselves in the middle of a coup.
    Our Idiot Brother (2011) – Jesse Peretz directs this comedy starring Paul Rud.
    The Girl on the Train (2021) N – The Hindi adaptation of the book and movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Thanks peteeeed, appreciate it. Not a very inspiring list though. Hopefully the Pelé documentary is good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"Tribes of Europa" looks like it might be a fun Euro-pudding adventure show. There's some entertaining fluff coming out that originates from France, Germany etc. Makes a nice change; nothing ever ground-breaking but often watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The Informer is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I watched Pieces of a Woman last night , I was emotionally exhausted after it but it is a stunning film that draws you in completely

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is that the right list for February? It lists Rocks as coming but that's been on Netflix here since October?

Is that the right list for February? It lists Rocks as coming but that's been on Netflix here since October?

Same with eat pray love & heartland season 12. I watched both of them months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Maybe they're being renewed?

Same with eat pray love & heartland season 12. I watched both of them months ago

Actually I’m wrong. I’ve watched up to season 13 of heartland and it’s still on Netflix now. I just checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

What’s Coming to Netflix in February 2021 So Far ...

I'm guessing Parks & Recreation is still due in February, but they just haven't given it a date yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Parks & Recreation is still due in February, but they just haven't given it a date yet

I'm fairly sure it said on the app it was Feb 1st.

Great show.

Advertisement