Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Doherty on dail tv now......dismantling lies left,right and centre

Edit:high quality stuff

His own or Mary Lou’s?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

His own or Mary Lou’s?
    News on One now Brenners. And there was lads only saying a few hours ago it was just the twitterati!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

His own or Mary Lou’s?

Is #McDonaldTheLiar trending on Twitter now too:confused:

McMurphy wrote: »

Why would he lie to doherty of all people....he's dismantled yet again

How long until varadkar blames someone else

Well maybe this will satisfy your curiosity. There could be multiple reasons for Leo leaking the document. Here's one possible reason.

Doctors’ group at centre of leak controversy had threatened Fine Gael with protests

Not a great look regardless.

That doesn’t say that it made any difference. Only that one party threatened bribery to get their own way.

• Advertisement

Decent people don’t resort to hashery Randall.

All the auld ‘shouts from the squats’ are there

‘Telling lies’ XXxtheLiar’ ‘ NotaniceParty’ etc....

That’s just rubbish Randall, I’m surprised you’d lower yourself to that stuff.

Usually above that in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That doesn’t say that it made any difference. Only that one party threatened bribery to get their own way.

How many times does it need to be said, there is no requirement in the legislation to prove an advantage was gained. The reasons for that are obvious to everyone but you seemingly.

How many times does it need to be said, there is no requirement in the legislation to prove an advantage was gained. The reasons for that are obvious to everyone but you seemingly.

I suppose in Lowry's county one would expect advantages to be gained.

Why would he lie to doherty of all people....he's dismantled yet again

How long until varadkar blames someone else

Any word from Kilmacrennan?

Are the wetties open up there again.

Lookit, I’m sure Doherty has it all sorted..... time to move on here maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,286 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Fann Linn wrote: »
    News on One now Brenners. And there was lads only saying a few hours ago it was just the twitterati!

Pearse shouting in the desert like a madman does not a controversy make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Any word from Kilmacrennan?

Are the wetties open up there again.

Lookit, I’m sure Doherty has it all sorted..... time to move on here maybe.

that seems to be your stock answer to every FG scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,871 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Another massive nothing burger from a few pathetic scuts with a vendetta. The Village is beginning to look unhinged at this stage. Its like someone complaining about mis-filed paperwork in the middle of the Battle of Stalingrad.

Ya know whats gonna happen? Nothing at all.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Another massive nothing burger from a few pathetic scuts with a vendetta. The Village is beginning to look unhinged at this stage. Its like someone complaining about mis-filed paperwork in the middle of the Battle of Stalingrad.

The Irish Times reported on it. Are they unhinged as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

There may be a vendetta but this story certainly is not a 'nothing burger' despite wishful thinking from some of the FG members on here. What Varadkar did was completely wrong.

Have you ever misfiled paperwork by posting it out to a friend? Nonsense comparison.

Fine Gael as usual want to hold everyone else to high standards except themselves. It's embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,871 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Irish Times reported on it. Are they unhinged as well?

Difference between reporting the story thats out there and originating it. I didn't say its not going to generate interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

In the middle of the pandemic, he beings this up is he tone-deaf or what?

Not the time or place.

To me it's ego and just showed how cut off politicians are from the real concerns of the electorate.

mariaalice wrote: »

Not the time or place.

To me it's ego and just showed how cut off politicians are from the real concerns of the electorate.

Good on you Maria. Give everyone a free pass because of 'de pandemic.'

Not the time or place.

Goes to show the interest the Shinners have in pandemics. Zero.

Not a word out of him about the threatening of Gardai in his own county after a raid on a wettie.

Does anyone really want these failures anywhere near power.

Difference between reporting the story thats out there and originating it. I didn't say its not going to generate interest.

what is the difference?

Good on you Maria. Give everyone a free pass because of 'de pandemic.'

Absolutely not, the phase is time and a place for eveything.

• Advertisement

The narrative has now seemingly shifted from:

"He did nothing wrong"
    "He was the Taoiseach, so he was above pesky confidentiality laws and ethics"
    "It was already in the public domain"
    "He made an error"

Now it's "FFS have the unwashed nothing better to do than to try and hold Leo and FG to the standards they'd expect of everyone else in a feckin pandemic"!

Best one by a country mile was comparing it with misfiled paperwork. :pac:

Goes to show the interest the Shinners have in pandemics. Zero.

Not a word out of him about the threatening of Gardai in his own county after a raid on a wettie.

Does anyone really want these failures anywhere near power.

As Pat Kenny said this morning about this govt: sacrificed 3 weeks of pleasure for 3 months of misery and multiple death's.
    Thats whats in power Brenner.

It moved on for the adventures of SF to this thread.

Most of you are coming across as a bunch of playgrounds bullies, scary to think some of the posters might be assisting a politician or involved in policy or are anyway near a TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Pearse Doherty interview on Rte News at 1 today.

Starts at 29m:29sec
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/11273467

Most of you are coming across as a bunch of playgrounds bullies, scary to think some of the posters might be assisting a politician or involved in policy or are anyway near a TD.

I think you're confused. this thread has never been about the adventures of SF. It has always been about LV leaking confidential documents to a friend of his. there is a separate thread for the adventures of SF.

As Pat Kenny said this morning about this govt: sacrificed 3 weeks of pleasure for 3 months of misery and multiple death's.
    Thats whats in power Brenner.

And the people played no part in this disaster? They all avoided large gatherings?

I think you're confused. this thread has never been about the adventures of SF. It has always been about LV leaking confidential documents to a friend of his. there is a separate thread for the adventures of SF.

But the responses are the same from the same people i.e na na na, we got ya, verse na na an, no you didn't as I said a bunch of playground bullies.

But the responses are the same from the same people i.e na na na, we got ya, verse na na an, no you didn't as I said a bunch of playground bullies.

if you think people are bullying you then report the posts.

Pearse Doherty interview on Rte News at 1 today.

Starts at 29m:29sec
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/11273467

Dobbo chewed him up and spat him out!

• Advertisement

"Bullies", can you please explain that one? How does one come across as a bully because they're discussing feckin corruption and politicians misleading the Dail FFS?

What next?

Xenophobic, sectarian homophobic accusations?

If you have a counter argument, get it out there and discuss, it's better than bully accusations for Christ sake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement