Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

I'd say the lady from New York looks fairly vindicated, all things considered. Her city had to dig mass graves last year.

What happened in New York is definitely nothing to do with this though I bet right? Because the person that made that idiotic decision was one of the good guys right ?

https://www.businessinsider.com/cuomo-executive-order-4300-recovering-coronavirus-patients-ny-nursing-homes-2020-5?r=US&IR=T

And I will re-iterate, Trump was useless on the Corona virus, I firmly believe Biden will be better, but there is some serious ignoring of other factors and what happened in other countries other than Trump when we talk about the USA.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Thats some b-ll**** there, that voter didn't say anything his sons personal issues, he asked about rumours of corruption.
    Biden replied by insulting him personally, thats not respect.

You get that disliking Trump doesn't mean you have to pretend what Biden did was respectful. Thats why I find the Biden respect tweet ironic.

Yeah, bull**** rumours that were spread around by the Trump Administration.

He was a voter for Elizabeth Warren and he chose to go after Biden's family. You say it's not 'personal' but it absolutely is if you are put in that situation.

He went after Biden regarding unsubtantiated bull**** about his son that was spread by Trump. If he goes at my family, I'll go after him.

That bloke was far from respectful. F*ck him.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Yeah, bull**** rumours that were spread around by the Trump Administration.

He was a voter for Elizabeth Warren and he chose to go after Biden's family. You say it's not 'personal' but it absolutely is if you are put in that situation.

He went after Biden regarding unsubtantiated bull**** about his son that was spread by Trump. If he goes at my family, I'll go after him.

That bloke was far from respectful. F*ck him.

He asked him about rumors of dodgy business dealings, if he wanted to be disrespectful of his son there was a hell of a lot of other stuff he could have said, he didn't though, Biden still insulted him too his face though.

This press conference is very boring. The entertainment is over. Thank you Trump for getting me through the first year of the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Press Secretary Jen Psaki: "I'd love to take your questions."

What a breath of fresh air she is. And she also has basic manners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,215 ✭✭✭✭Water John

She, Jen Psaki, really has a wide knowledge of her brief, no waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Why isn't she denouncing them as fake and enemies of the people? This is weirdly normal.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

He asked him about rumors of dodgy business dealings, if he wanted to be disrespectful of his son there was a hell of a lot of other stuff he could have said, he didn't though, Biden still insulted him too his face though.

Unsubstantiated rumours spread by Trump.

A Democrat voter, using the words of someone they are trying to get rid of, going after him about it.

What part of this are you not getting? The rumours were and are bull**** and were lies spread by Trump and he used it as a political football because he was a voter for Elizabeth Warren.

Like what you're doing now, he did it in bad faith. If you had someone using lies about your son to go after you, you telling me you wouldn't want to put him back in his box?

Attack the man through his policies and his own actions. Going after family is a complete no-no and you lose any right to respectful dialogue when you do that.

Those rumours about Hunter were nothing to do with Joe, so therefore he went after his family as a means to attack him. Bang out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,566 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Thank god no more of Kayleigh who couldn't say a single word without consulting her stupid binder.

Jen doesn't have to do that because, unlike Kayleigh, she actually does the work and knows her brief.

Joe trying to speak in the oval office without a teleprompter was car crash stuff.
    How many times did he repeat himself?

I watched that clip and if I was him, I'd be thinking the whole time, "Lads, can you f*ck off. I have some important stuff to sign here."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,215 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Jen did use the brief in key areas. Her comments on Iran were read straight from the brief. Making sure the message delivered was accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Why isn't she denouncing them as fake and enemies of the people? This is weirdly normal.

I didnt watch, did she at least sneer at the press that they were being "mean" and asking "nasty" questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

how was the inauguration? presume trump didn't turn up. pence, regardless of what you think of his politics, is a principled man.

what's bussing? these 2 seem so opposed here in idealoy. i'm curios i must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

That Jen is very sharp, but it looks like a return to same old. A lot of fast talking there but not really saying anything at all. Impressive she can read her brief and pick the right section before the journo has even finished asking the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

how was the inauguration? presume trump didn't turn up. pence, regardless of what you think of his politics, is a principled man.

And now a year later they are the best of friends :)

Joe has some qualities I like and a sense of humour but I can't warm to kamala.

Nice clip frim same debate of her being put under pressure starts 3.46 mark

https://youtu.be/Y4fjA0K2EeE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Let’s hope a better America with Joe Bideeeeeeeen as Kiera Doherty says.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

And now a year later they are the best of friends ��

Joe has some qualities I like and a sens of humour but I can't warm to kamala.

wow! under bidens rules, barack could never have run for president.

at least racism don't depend on your race anymore. else biden is a racist.

think he also opposes non-binary marriage, but thats fine cos

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Says it all when campaign debate accusations are what someone has to use to target the guy who beat their hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Character Building

Foxtrol wrote: »
    This, he repeated himself but was grand.

The man has had an incredibly long and stressful day - I've 45 years on him and my brain is wrecked after a day of zoom calls, forget about giving the most important speech of your life in front of hundreds of millions of people with the threat of assassination of you and your family hanging over your head.

At least he didn't forget to sign the order like Trump did that time when he spoke about it and then walked out the door.

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/847939981284974594?s=20

OK, let's say we give him a pass today owing to it being such a long day for him....

Let's see how things unfold over the next few months when more unscripted and unprompted comments are required (unlike what he had to face during the campaign).

Unfortunately, imo, this is only going one way and it's not going to be pretty. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am. I'm glad Trump is gone but for me, trying to look at this objectively, this is not the same Biden that served as VP. I think anyone who thinks he's operating at the same cognitive capacity as he was even four years ago is not being honest with themselves.

OK, let's say we give him a pass today owing to it being such a long day for him....

Let's see how things unfold over the next few months when more unscripted and unprompted comments are required (unlike what he had to face during the campaign).

Unfortunately, imo, this is only going one way and it's not going to be pretty. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am. I'm glad Trump is gone but for me, trying to look at this objectively, this is not the same Biden that served as VP. I think anyone who thinks he's operating at the same cognitive capacity as he was even four years ago is not being honest with themselves.

He is on form sometimes but the voter thing I highlighted and people are jumping to defend shows him getting aggressive and riled up under pressure. Like if his son gets dinged for tax evasion he's going to be asked about that you can't fly off the handle.

He's obviously way better than trump who was continuously going off on people but I think after 4-6 months once the euphoria has worn off it will be interesting to see how he handles it.
    My bet is he will stand down just before the mid terms elections

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Won't be long until there's another Trump in the white house with these policies

https://twitter.com/AbigailShrier/status/1352121732723666946

• Registered Users Posts: 82,097 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Won't be long until there's another Trump in the white house with these policies

https://twitter.com/AbigailShrier/status/1352121732723666946

What, enforcing anti-discrimination laws on the basis of sex?

The order is very straightforward and I don't see the problem. If you receive federal funding you are bound to adhere to anti-discrimination laws and regs. Section 1:

Every person should be treated with respect and dignity and should be able to live without fear, no matter who they are or whom they love. Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports. Adults should be able to earn a living and pursue a vocation knowing that they will not be fired, demoted, or mistreated because of whom they go home to or because how they dress does not conform to sex-based stereotypes. People should be able to access healthcare and secure a roof over their heads without being subjected to sex discrimination. All persons should receive equal treatment under the law, no matter their gender identity or sexual orientation.

These principles are reflected in the Constitution, which promises equal protection of the laws. These principles are also enshrined in our Nation’s anti-discrimination laws, among them Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended (42 U.S.C. 2000e et seq.). In Bostock v. Clayton County, 590 U.S. ___ (2020), the Supreme Court held that Title VII’s prohibition on discrimination “because of . . . sex” covers discrimination on the basis of gender identity and sexual orientation. Under Bostock‘s reasoning, laws that prohibit sex discrimination — including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended (20 U.S.C. 1681 et seq.), the Fair Housing Act, as amended (42 U.S.C. 3601 et seq.), and section 412 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended (8 U.S.C. 1522), along with their respective implementing regulations — prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation, so long as the laws do not contain sufficient indications to the contrary.

Discrimination on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation manifests differently for different individuals, and it often overlaps with other forms of prohibited discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race or disability. For example, transgender Black Americans face unconscionably high levels of workplace discrimination, homelessness, and violence, including fatal violence.

It is the policy of my Administration to prevent and combat discrimination on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation, and to fully enforce Title VII and other laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation. It is also the policy of my Administration to address overlapping forms of discrimination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

What is the change of policy exactly could someone explain and what difference will it make?

• https://twitter.com/BrendanKeefe/status/1352043308424589312

I see Broseph has a portrait of the greatest POTUS of them all, in pride of place, in the Oval Office.

A great shame he won't govern like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭francois

the man looked completely bewildered there, repeating himself, barely able to articulate what the orders were. It was not good to see.

That war is over, time to pack away the plastic gun and hang up the cosplay military uniform

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hey Look Fat, here's the deal, your a damn liar

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/joe-biden-claims-he-did-not-call-iowa-voter-fat.html

So respectful :)

Look obesity costs healthcare billions, it needs to be called out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

And now a year later they are the best of friends :)

Joe has some qualities I like and a sense of humour but I can't warm to kamala.

Can't stand Kamala, mostly because she reminds me of a horrible person I worked with.

People are really quick to forget her own desperately underwhelming campaign to get the nomination.

I too like Biden, he has a tough job ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/incoming-first-daughter-ashley-biden-wants-you-to-know-she-wont-be-working-in-her-fathers-administration-2021-01-19?mod=home-page

Imagine that, no nepotism, wow, every news report today just highlights how low Trump the presidency down. He really thought he was a king, not a servant of the republic.

Ashley Biden is the polar opposite of Ivanka Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Whatever manners he displays doesn't discount that Pence supports gay conversion therapy, fcuk that guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,546 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Can't stand Kamala, mostly because she reminds me of a horrible person I worked with.

People are really quick to forget her own desperately underwhelming campaign to get the nomination.

I too like Biden, he has a tough job ahead

You can't stand Kamala because she reminds you of someone you knew? Reminds you how?

Advertisement