Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Doubt you'll last that long tbh.

Something we can agree on finally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Will this be yer talking point for the next 4 years?

Can't see him lasting more than 2 tbh before they try and push him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So I am a snowflake a racist and now a cult member?

Why do you keep asking versions of this? Is it a kink thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭Cody montana

2nd talking point.

What's the next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Doubt you'll last that long tbh.

That doesn't say much when you can wish people dead and be fine on the thread but say someone's drowsy/doozey that's the ban hammer for you !

• Advertisement

The Cult continues to humiliate themselves... Oh you do love to see it! :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

I get so conflicted about these videos. It's naturally quite distressing to see somebody this upset, and know they were terribly conned...

... but on the other hand, they aren't the real victims. They're safe. And deep down, they wouldn't have been so eager to buy into all those bull**** fairytales if it didn't fit neatly around the crappy stuff they already believed about other people who've done them no harm and wish them none.

I just don't know what can be done to undo the mess these people represent.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,891 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It should not need saying, but apparently some of you need it said

If you cannot be civil to each other please do not bother posting, as if you do you're time on this thread will be limited

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That doesn't say much when you can wish people dead and be fine on the thread but say someone's drowsy/doozey that's the ban hammer for you !

Who's wishing people dead?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,891 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

But it was okay to call trump everything under the sun for the last 4 years and accuse him of everything on the trump presidency thread ????????????????
    If you wish to discuss moderation, drop me a PM. If you choose to do so in thread again I will, as a minimum, threadban you

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Character Building

Faugheen wrote: »
    It wasn't really 'car crash stuff' though was it?

Getting a bit desperate now.

I'm no fan of Trump and I'm happy the election ended up with a Biden victory.

But the man looked completely bewildered there, repeating himself, barely able to articulate what the orders were. It was not good to see.

• Advertisement

But the man looked completely bewildered there, repeating himself, barely able to articulate what the orders were. It was not good to see.

Try another tune, this is beyond boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,238 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Did I watch the same video? Maybe some are just upset at the mask.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

He didn't look bewildered at all.

You're actually telling a lie here. He was grand.

He's not Obama, but nobody is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,238 ✭✭✭✭Water John

First press briefing coming up soon. Will she be telling us that they had the biggest crowd ever, today?

Who's wishing people dead?

Wishing James Conner dead, post about how he should have been standing closer to a landmine. Will try find it now.

Edit: Post is gone now but no mod warning or bans handed out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭Cody montana

George W. Bush overheard at the inauguration saying “that was some normal ****.”:
    Via Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

I don’t remember other leaders playing down the pandemic.
    Or lying it was completely under control.
    Or making masks political.
    Or encouraging mass gatherings.
    Or promoting drugs that didn’t work.

Well maybe that nutter in Brazil.

Biden will lead by example, show leadership, follow the science, and not suggest injecting disinfectant.
    Just a guess.

Slapdown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

The Cult continues to humiliate themselves... Oh you do love to see it! :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

So many Trump supporters with mental issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

He has a worthy deputy so if he has to step down all's good 😠That's what a VP is for right?

I get so conflicted about these videos. It's naturally quite distressing to see somebody this upset, and know they were terribly conned...

... but on the other hand, they aren't the real victims. They're safe. And deep down, they wouldn't have been so eager to buy into all those bull**** fairytales if it didn't fit neatly around the crappy stuff they already believed about other people who've done them no harm and wish them none.

I just don't know what can be done to undo the mess these people represent.

I like Americans, actually prefer them to Canadians and Australians, but christ some of them get worked up in a way that nearly seems fake to us. Its the flipside to the rich white new york women melting down back in 2016, nothing was going to happen to them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

He didn't look bewildered at all.

You're actually telling a lie here. He was grand.

He's not Obama, but nobody is.

This, he repeated himself but was grand.

The man has had an incredibly long and stressful day - I've 45 years on him and my brain is wrecked after a day of zoom calls, forget about giving the most important speech of your life in front of hundreds of millions of people with the threat of assassination of you and your family hanging over your head.

At least he didn't forget to sign the order like Trump did that time when he spoke about it and then walked out the door.

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/847939981284974594?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Joe trying to speak in the oval office without a teleprompter was car crash stuff.
    How many times did he repeat himself?

Well Trump couldn't even read off a teleprompter. Biden could stand in the Oval Office and repeat the same sentence over and over for the rest of his life and he'd still make more sense than the previous occupant of the office.

Considering the length of the day he's had, I'd say giving him a break might be in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I like Americans, actually prefer them to Canadians and Australians, but christ some of them get worked up in a way that nearly seems fake to us. Its the flipside to the rich white new york women melting down back in 2016, nothing was going to happen to them either.

I laughed at the time too but at this point the woman at the 2017 inauguration doesn't seem too far off what the reaction of many would be if they knew Trump would play a key part in causing the deaths of 400,000 citizens and an attempted insurrection that would lead multiple others dead, forget about all his other terrible actions.

Melt downs about Biden make no sense at all - oh no, rich people might pay more taxes and healthcare might become slightly cheaper...

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1352036419116568577?s=19

Addressing his appointees in a virtual meeting.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1352036419116568577?s=19

Addressing his appointees in a virtual meeting.

Hey Look Fat, here's the deal, your a damn liar

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/joe-biden-claims-he-did-not-call-iowa-voter-fat.html

So respectful :)

Nearly half a million Americans are dead, hundreds of children may never see their parents again purely out of spite, and there was an attempted insurrection led by a white supremacist ex military group that got within a minute of Congress.

I'd say the lady from New York looks fairly vindicated, all things considered. Her city had to dig mass graves last year.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hey Look Fat, here's the deal, your a damn liar

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/joe-biden-claims-he-did-not-call-iowa-voter-fat.html

So respectful :)

If someone used my son as a political football (one started by Trump, no less), I’d let him have it too.

Respect works both ways. You go after a man’s family, then you can’t cry about it if the man goes after you in response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Hopefully his presidency will be boring and uneventful (ie. No wars) with some positive benefit to Ireland.

Hopefully Biden/Harris will not be apologists for BLM/Antifa and divide their society even more than it is or there will be a new Trump in a few years again.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I laughed at the time too but at this point the woman at the 2017 inauguration doesn't seem too far off what the reaction of many would be if they knew Trump would play a key part in causing the deaths of 400,000 citizens and an attempted insurrection that would lead multiple others dead, forget about all his other terrible actions.

Melt downs about Biden make no sense at all - oh no, rich people might pay more taxes and healthcare might become slightly cheaper...

Trump has been pretty damn bad on Covid but there is 5 EU countries ahead of the USA in terms of death rate. People forget the USA has a really big population.

The US death rate is only 13.7% ahead of France thats not some vast difference and nobody talks about Macron being useless, the death rate to Spain is even closer and thats with dodgy figures (not a conspiracy theory the Financial Times raised issues.

• Advertisement

If someone used my son as a political football (one started by Trump, no less), I’d let him have it too.

Respect works both ways. You go after a man’s family, then you can’t cry about it if the man goes after you in response.

Thats some b-ll**** there, that voter didn't say anything his sons personal issues, he asked about rumours of corruption.
    Biden replied by insulting him personally, thats not respect.

You get that disliking Trump doesn't mean you have to pretend what Biden did was respectful. Thats why I find the Biden respect tweet ironic.

Advertisement