Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Feisar wrote: »
    Nobel Peace Prize? As the first US President that hasn't started a war(s) since...

Remind me again what wars Obama started?

This utter tripe needs to die with his Presidency - He bombed more people than either of the last two Presidents by quite some margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

ELM327 wrote: »
    And of course Joe "I'm reversing Trump by executive orders, FU trump voters" Biden is all about unity :rolleyes:

Lets see but he doesn't speak the way Trump does. He isn't so angry and aggressive - that's what I'm talking about. He is quieter in his manner and I think america and the world need that now.

Trump was so divisive, even his media interviews were aggressive. We need a calm head now, not agression.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Feisar wrote: »
    Nobel Peace Prize? As the first US President that hasn't started a war(s) since...

He tried to start a civil war genius.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

As the first US President that hasn't started a war(s) since the last republican doesnt have the same ring to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,018 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Comments like this are very petty and childish.

'And just like that, the anti-PC brigade cares about political correctness again'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

On a side note, what do people think the future holds for Mike Pence? Is he the best the Republicans have to offer as a candidate at this moment?

Pence has no future as a stand-alone Politician. He was supposed to be the "experienced politician" as a counter balance to Trump , but failed utterly in that role and simply prostrated himself at the feet of the Cult of Personality , however he is devoid of a personality of his own.

"Best" is absolutely not the right word , but "most likely" in my View is Mike Pompeo. He is an absolute definite GOP primary candidate in 2024

He is absolutely the worst case scenario in terms of a potential future POTUS - All of Trumps vindictiveness but without the crippling stupidity and talent for self immolation.

He would be a frightening prospect for the World.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Pence has no future as a stand-alone Politician. He was supposed to be the "experienced politician" as a counter balance to Trump , but failed utterly in that role and simply prostrated himself at the feet of the Cult of Personality , however he is devoid of a personality of his own.

"Best" is absolutely not the right word , but "most likely" in my View is Mike Pompeo. He is an absolute definite GOP primary candidate in 2024

He is absolutely the worst case scenario in terms of a potential future POTUS - All of Trumps vindictiveness but without the crippling stupidity and talent for self immolation.

He would be a frightening prospect for the World.

Think Pompeo doesn't have the charisma to appeal to the electorate. But I agree with you as to the impact he might have.

His tweet yesterday on 'multiculturalism' and 'wokeism' gives an all too clear insight in to his personal motivations.

Think Pence's actions of the last few weeks confirm his future aspirations. Think Ted Cruz will also be a challenger and my early money is on Nikki Halley getting the GOP nomination in 4 years.

Definitely not. He's a pompous ass who would get utterly destroyed. He doesn't strike me as someone with an interest in the role either, based of previous congressional hearings, he's a China hawk, that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

We'll never forget you Ronald Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Overheal wrote: »
    'And just like that, the anti-PC brigade cares about political correctness again'

:pac: You got me. :D

By the way, nice deflection there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Think Pompeo doesn't have the charisma to appeal to the electorate. But I agree with you as to the impact he might have.

His tweet yesterday on 'multiculturalism' and 'wokeism' gives an all too clear insight in to his personal motivations.

Think Pence's actions of the last few weeks confirm his future aspirations. Think Ted Cruz will also be a challenger and my early money is on Nikki Halley getting the GOP nomination in 4 years.

Given that the rampant misogyny of the former president that wasn't a deal-breaker for the GOP voters, I would say it'd be hard for the majority of them to vote for a woman over a male candidate

His tweet yesterday on 'multiculturalism' and 'wokeism' gives an all to clear insight in to his personal motivations.

He'd have the evangelicals absolutely locked in , along with the MAGA core.

That gives him a very large chunk of the GOP Primary voting base, making him a very viable primary Candidate.

A GOP Candidate can lose the popular vote by up to ~4% and still win via the Electoral College , so he's a live prospect in my view.

In a National Election , he wouldn't win a whole lot of swing voters but given the utterly rampant voter suppression that the GOP are going to undertake over the next 4 years, places like PA,GA and AZ are going to be very very hard for a Democrat to win in 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Overheal wrote: »

The "**** your feelings" crowd are very touchy today for some reason.

Nikki Halley getting the GOP nomination in 4 years.

Running, yes, nomination idk. She has her own scandals that will crop back up. Another thread another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

TBH it's quite likely that the GOP candidate in 2024 is not obviously known to the wider public now.

Guaranteed if you read this thread in 4 years time the GOP name will not be here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,791 ✭✭✭✭listermint

He'd have the evangelicals absolutely locked in , along with the MAGA core.

That gives him a very large chunk of the GOP Primary voting base, making him a very viable primary Candidate.

A GOP Candidate can lose the popular vote by up to ~4% and still win via the Electoral College , so he's a live prospect in my view.

In a National Election , he wouldn't win a whole lot of swing voters but given the utterly rampant voter suppression that the GOP are going to undertake over the next 4 years, places like PA,GA and AZ are going to be very very hard for a Democrat to win in 2024.

I disagree I think the tide is turning on the voter suppression the democrats have seen the results of the work in Georgia. They aren't going to let that go. Template.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,837 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lady Gagging

wtf

Lady GaGa did a fab job - loved it - better than most

Really let herself go, Lady 3 chins

listermint wrote: »
    I disagree I think the tide is turning on the voter suppression the democrats have seen the results of the work in Georgia. They aren't going to let that go. Template.

That's fair , equally though the GOP have also seen the results of the work in Georgia and will do everything in their power to counter it - And it won't be through registering more Republican voters.

They are absolutely going to shut down mail-in voting in all but the most extreme circumstances and they will continue to purge voter rolls and close polling places to beat the band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Lady gagaga

Lady Gagging

wtf

You should eat something, the acid reflux is hitting you hard.

And this underlines my point about the trump supporters and their fondness for the misogyny

Yeah, that confirms you're exactly the type of person I thought you were.

duploelabs wrote: »
    And this underlines my point about the trump supporters and their fondness for the misogyny

I actually love Lady Gaga.

Am I the only one who is mentally singing 10 green bottles when the band plays??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You must be a model to be making idiotic comments like that.

They need to sing
    Gone Too Soon for Trump

You must be a model to be making idiotic comments like that.

I was just kidding. Just surprised by her appearance, as it doesn't match up with my memory of her

• Advertisement

They need to sing
    Gone Too Soon for Trump

Think this would be more appropriate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement