Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,719 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

duploelabs wrote: »
    Given your dislike for Hamilton in the F1 thread, is your aversion to Harris because she's a woman of colour? Your MO isn't hard to miss
    Is race the first thing your ilk always go to?

My dislike for harris is the same as my dislike for biden, the only differences are that harris is younger and biden is likely a one term president, and harris is further to the left than biden.

Harris could be a ginger headed Irish white male and I'd have the exact same dislike for her policies. Same as I dislike richie boyd barret here. And he's a white irish male. Care to try drag race into that?

It's so funny how the supposed liberal left are always the one to shove race into everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,318 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ELM327 wrote: »
    I see trump running again for '24, running against either Biden/Harris or worse, Harris/AN Other.
    If it's the latter or Biden increases taxes, then I don't think Trump is near done. He got the second highest vote ever received in a presidential election

Biden got the highest by quite a considerable margin.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Never thought Id see the day when John Bolton is on Joe Duffy but he is on right now

What is he saying, nuke the world?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I see trump running again for '24, running against either Biden/Harris or worse, Harris/AN Other.
    If it's the latter or Biden increases taxes, then I don't think Trump is near done. He got the second highest vote ever received in a presidential election

And how many of those are Republican party members as opposed to die-hard Trump supporters?

He'll get nowhere near what he got in 2020. If he established a third party he'd only split the Republican vote, which will only help Democrats even more.

Biden got the highest by quite a considerable margin.
    Absolutely, and I can accept that.
    My point is absolutely not that Trump won the election, just that he has a sizeable vote base.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »
    And how many of those are Republican party members as opposed to die-hard Trump supporters?

He'll get nowhere near what he got in 2020. If he established a third party he'd only split the Republican vote, which will only help Democrats even more.
    Starting a third party is a huge no-no.
    I'd suggest that Trumps core base is 20-30% of the vote he received, and the rest is because of the little (R) beside his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Overheal wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1351891000457797633?s=20

What's bad is I still don't know whether Mitch will convict Trump or if he is just playing politics.

Hasn't Mitch disclosed that he thinks Trump has committed impeachable offences.

Thats enough for me. He wants the Trumps out of the Republican party albeit he will try go softly softly with it and hope Trump fades into obscurity over the coming months. That lack of social media accounts will go a long way to achieving that.

Thats enough for me. He wants the Trumps out of the Republican party albeit he will try go softly softly with it and hope Trump fades into obscurity.
    Impeachment requires 2/3 majority of the Senate. Even if the democrats turn a couple of republicans they are likely 20 votes from winning - a huge % of a ~100 seat house.

Greta can now watch as Biden fobs her off with lots of promises and no action.

Biden is going to rejoin the Paris Agreement on his first day. That's more than Trump did in his whole four year term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Impeachment requires 2/3 majority of the Senate. Even if the democrats turn a couple of republicans they are likely 20 votes from winning - a huge % of a ~100 seat house.
    They need 17 total, and there's some Republicans who are already likely to convict. I wouldn't rule it out at all, especially if McConnell isn't opposed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,152 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thats enough for me. He wants the Trumps out of the Republican party albeit he will try go softly softly with it and hope Trump fades into obscurity over the coming months. That lack of social media accounts will go a long way to achieving that.

That's the thing. He could easily be talking out of both sides of his mouth. Sorry, but this man and his party also made a great big fuss about confirming a justice in an election year, and then they nominated and confirmed a justice within days of a general election. I don't trust a god damn word they say, talk is cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,239 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Trump is done pal. He will have to face his creditors now and the district attorney in New York, never mind what is yet to happen in the Senate.

The great illusion of Trump was built around the idea of him as a winner, a great businessman. The teflon strong man who owned the libs over and over. Well he has lost in the most brutal and declarative way possible over the past couple of months from an electoral perspective and - in a few more months - any pretences of him being a great businessman will be utterly shattered.

We can now call him what he is and always has been: a conman loser who will go down in history as the worst to ever hold office. Goodbye and goodluck, you'll need it.

They need 17 total, and there's some Republicans who are already likely to convict. I wouldn't rule it out at all, especially if McConnell isn't opposed.

Only 10 of the 211 republicans crossed the aisle in congress. They need 17 senators out of 50 to cross this time. I think it's very unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,830 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Each time you've predicted something it's failed..

How does that feel. Backing such a sore loser to the end.

I'm loving how you think Harris is a lefty though this all really amazing stuff. Top work keep it going. I want to hear more.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if McCOnnell doesn't convict, but works the moderates and others to get enough votes to convict him.

You'd think Murkowski, Sasse and Romney will do it definitely, and if Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Josh Hawley etc want any chance of winning the nomination then they'll vote to convict him too.

listermint wrote: »
    Each time you've predicted something it's failed..

How does that feel. Backing such a sore loser to the end.

I'm loving how you think Harris is a lefty though this all really amazing stuff. Top work keep it going. I want to hear more.
    False.

Everything from the trump win to the repeal the 8th win, and much more besides, I had predicted correctly.

No one predicted 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,868 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Biden is going to rejoin the Paris Agreement on his first day. That's more than Trump did in his whole four year term.

Yea '' rejoin'' and look where the world is . It's all falsehoods from democrats, ''we'll join, give billions in taxpayers money to look good'' but then do feck all in the fight against climate change.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,318 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They don't even need 17 to vote to convict. Conviction takes a 2/3rd majority of those present so GOP senators not turning up to the vote helps towards a conviction. if 10 GOP senators dont turn up they need 10 to vote to convict.

Yea '' rejoin'' and look where the world is . It's all falsehoods from democrats, ''we'll join, give billions in taxpayers money to look good'' but then do feck all in the fight against climate change.

He's signing 15 executive orders tonight that undo the damage Trump has caused.

You really have a problem dealing with facts. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What is he saying, nuke the world?

He stuck the boot into Trump a fair bit, called him graceless for not showing up today. Duffy didnt ask him about him being gung ho for starting a war with Iran. He gave the usual guff about wanting to serve his country rather than serve Trump. Then he plugged his book and that was it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

For all Trump's bluster on this I believe that technically the US has not in fact left just yet. When Trump was siging it I recall a point being made at the time that it would not take effect until well past the November elections so there was hope that a new President would revoke it.

I am open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,242 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Muahahaha wrote: »
    He stuck the boot into Trump a fair bit, called him graceless for not showing up today. Duffy didnt ask him about him being gung ho for starting a war with Iran. He gave the usual guff about wanting to serve his country rather than serve Trump. Then he plugged his book and that was it.

Bolton is a ****ing coward.

As well as sending other people's children off to war given half the chance, that spineless excuse dodged testifying at the first impeachment for fear of it affecting his book sales.

He can **** right off...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,868 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Faugheen wrote: »
    He's signing 15 executive orders tonight that undo the damage Trump has caused.

You really have a problem dealing with facts. Seriously.

Damage?
    Booming economy, pre covid
    Booming Jobs
    Tighter border
    Making countries pay for '' being the worlds police''

Going back to getting walked all over is undoing damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If Trump goes on about setting up this Patriot Party that means he will split the Republican vote in half in 2024 and hand the White House to the Dems. The only way Mitch can prevent that is to convict him in the Senate and make sure Trump can never run for public office again. So I would say right now it is game on that Mitch wields the axe to ensure the self preservation of the Republican party.

For all Trump's bluster on this I believe that technically the US has not in fact left just yet. When Trump was siging it I recall a point being made at the time that it would not take effect until well past the November elections so there was hope that a new President would revoke it.

I am open to correction.

They have withdrawn.
    On 4 August 2017, the Trump administration delivered an official notice to the United Nations that the U.S. intended to withdraw from the Paris Agreement as soon as it was legally eligible to do so. The formal notice of withdrawal could not be submitted until the agreement was in force for 3 years for the US, on 4 November 2019. On 4 November 2019, the US government deposited the withdrawal notification with the Secretary General of the United Nations, the depositary of the agreement, and officially withdrew from the Paris climate accord one year later when the withdrawal became effective

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Agreement

Oh you sweet summer child.

Republicans do something negative - "ah sure it's not a bother, I'm sure democrats would do the same or even worse lol".

Democrats do something positive - "yeah but why aren't they doing this other thing also? I mean I know republicans aren't doing either, but still..."

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Correct , so they've only actually been gone for ~2 Months.

Not sure what if any impact the Trump decision had in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,746 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

briany wrote: »
    Let's see - an overweight, 74 year old man, with a noted taste for fast food and diet coke, who only sleeps a few hours a night. Technically, he should already be dead. He certainly shouldn't be in any fit state to fly to 5 rallies in one day. He shouldn't really have much energy at all. He seems to be wholly powered by a burning nuclear core of vindictiveness and ego, and it seemingly has allowed his body to defy the laws of nature which rule the rest of us.
    Maybe that is why we did not see much of him for the last week. Because he had nothing to get him out of bed or to tweet about because he had no where to post it thankfully. He had to store the little energy he had left for today's bul,****.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

He gave notice of withdrawal in 2017 at a time when it was much more likely he would win a second term. It would have had a much bigger impact if American hasn't come to its senses in this election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Quin_Dub wrote: »

That is probably the point I was picking up on in 2017.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement