Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭harmless

Basq wrote: »
    Just an update on this..

.. walked past my local locker today and said I'd try my luck.

Lo-and-behold, still there.

So sitting there since the afternoon of the 24th.

Lucky, the nightline drivers are back to work today so probably got there just before one of them picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Just an update on this..

.. walked past my local locker today and said I'd try my luck.

Lo-and-behold, still there.

So sitting there since the afternoon of the 24th.

Today is their first day of operations after Christmas. Yesterday was a bank holiday after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

givyjoe wrote: »
    Yesterday was a bank holiday after all.

It actually wasn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭VG31

Seve OB wrote: »
    It actually wasn’t

It was since St Stephen's Day fell on a Saturday.

VG31 wrote: »
    It was since St Stephen's Day fell on a Saturday.

Nope. The public holiday is the actual day. I won’t derail the thread anymore though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Nope. The public holiday is the actual day. I won’t derail the thread anymore though.
    Yep, yesterday wasn't a public holiday but it was a bank holiday. Today is also a bank holiday.

I'll get me coat before derailing this thread any further..! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Quackster wrote: »
    Yep, yesterday wasn't a public holiday but it was a bank holiday. Today is also a bank holiday.

I'll get me coat before derailing this thread any further..! :pac:

Today is a bank holiday? Ffs was ringing a place all day no wonder they didn’t answer.

Is this your first time on the Internet? :D

There's no way to hyperlink text on the mobile. Insert roll eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's no way to hyperlink text on the mobile. Insert roll eyes.
    You misunderstood..

.. I'm saying the majority of arguments on the Internet can be solved by a simple Google.

You misunderstood..

.. I'm saying the majority of arguments on the Internet can be solved by a simple Google.

Yet still people persist.

Ok so I’ll bite. But only because you were the one who posted the links. From the first link on your google search.

https://publicholidays.ie/2020-dates/

Date Day Holiday
    1 Jan Wed New Year's Day
    17 Mar Tue Saint Patrick's Day
    13 Apr Mon Easter Monday
    4 May Mon May Day
    1 Jun Mon June Bank Holiday
    3 Aug Mon August Bank Holiday
    26 Oct Mon October Bank Holiday
    25 Dec Fri Christmas Day
    26 Dec Sat St Stephen's Day

From the next
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/public_holidays_in_ireland.html#

There are 9 public holidays in Ireland each year. Public holidays may commemorate a special day or other event, for example, Saint Patrick's Day (17 March) or Christmas Day (25 December). On a public holiday, sometimes called a bank holiday, most businesses and schools close. Other services, for example, public transport still operate but often with restricted schedules. Public holidays are:

New Year's Day (1 January)
    Saint Patrick's Day (17 March)
    Easter Monday
    First Monday in May
    First Monday in June
    First Monday in August
    Last Monday in October
    Christmas Day (25 December)
    Saint Stephen's Day (26 December)
    Christmas 2020
    If a public holiday falls on a day which is not a normal working day for that business (for example, on Saturday or Sunday) you are still entitled to benefit for that public holiday. This applies in 2020 when St Stephen’s Day (26 December) falls on a Saturday. However, you do not have an automatic legal entitlement to have the next day off work. This means that Monday 28 December 2020 is not a public holiday. See ‘Rules’ below for details on what you are entitled to.
    And one more from RTE to complete the hat trick

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2020/0102/1103958-these-are-the-bank-holidays-for-2020/
    Here's all the Bank Holidays for 2020:

New Year's Day - Wednesday, 1 January

St Patrick's Day - Tuesday, 17 March

Easter Monday - Monday, 13 April

May public holiday - Monday, 4 May

June public holiday - Monday, 1 June

August public holiday - Monday, 3 August

October public holiday - Monday, 26 October

Christmas Day - Friday, 25 December

St Stephen's Day - Saturday, 26 December.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Have a delivery that was delayed and not due to hit their Newtownabbey address until today Dec 30th. Any idea if they will process? I sent them a message on Facebook messenger but never heard back

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jwmpayne2004

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Have a delivery that was delayed and not due to hit their Newtownabbey address until today Dec 30th. Any idea if they will process? I sent them a message on Facebook messenger but never heard back

Mine was signed and delivered just this AM. Hope you’ll get your mail sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

That's great news, mine left Japan on the 17th, no update on its tracking since, here's hoping

Ok so I’ll bite. But only because you were the one who posted the links. From the first link on your google search.

https://publicholidays.ie/2020-dates/

From the next
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/public_holidays_in_ireland.html#

And one more from RTE to complete the hat trick

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2020/0102/1103958-these-are-the-bank-holidays-for-2020/

For the love of God/pedantry. It was not a work day for 99% of the country of whom also did not have to take an annual leave day, hmmm, what day sort of day does that sound like to you?

Copied form citizens info, which some of your dates sources are referenced from:

'Public holidays falling on a weekend
    If the public holiday falls on a day which is not a normal working day for that business (for example, on Saturday or Sunday) you are still entitled to benefit for that public holiday, but you do not have any automatic legal entitlement to have the next working day off work'

The above is the reason why packages hadnt moved since Christmas eve, now give it a rest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Two of the packages I sent to the UK are officially "lost" - eBay have stepped in and refund the intended recipients (only fair as I have been unable to provide a tracking number for their packages due to the shenanigans at PM/UPS during the past month).

I've filed claims with PM for the lost shipments and once these are paid which should (hopefully) be in the next week or so I'll be bidding farewell to them for the time being. It was a great service when it worked - which was about 11 months of the year. It's just a shame it ended on such a sour note. My last package was delivered on the 22nd from the UK and I've nothing outstanding with them now except these claims.

Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭feelings

Package couldn't be delivered as PM premises closed according to DHL on the 24th. Thought there was no hope of getting it. But it was delivered to my locker location this morning. Happy Days. Fair play Parcel Motel.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod- take the discussion about bank holidays elsewhere please.

• Advertisement

Touchdown Dublin! Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I've just received an eBay item today at the NI depot, which has been put into the Parcel Motel system and is now in Dublin....(received confirmation email from PM)
    Two days past the cutoff date.
    It looks like they are honouring items that are already in the postal system.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Same for me. Mine arrived in Antrim at lunchtime today and i got a text this evening that it's already in my locker ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

foxy_j wrote: »
    Same for me. Mine arrived in Antrim at lunchtime today and i got a text this evening that it's already in my locker ☺️

When was it delivered to parcel motel?

I had a parcel delivered to newtonabbey on the 23rd but I've not heard anything from them about it being received as of yet - thinking it may be a lost cause at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭harmless

I had a parcel delivered to newtonabbey on the 23rd but I've not heard anything from them about it being received as of yet - thinking it may be a lost cause at this point

There has only been 2 working days since the 23rd, I wouldn't give up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

Mine left Langley just after 9am, hope it gets processed by PM

Mine left Langley just after 9am, hope it gets processed by PM
    I’m not sure, just assuming that they are still
    processing mails from overseas rather than sending them back to the sender. Fingers crossed , Happy New Year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,744 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Just got a parcel delivered today. No idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Hi, it arrived at parcel motel Antrim yesterday lunchtime and was checked into Dublin around 7pm and then in my locker later that night.

I've never had it all in one day before, maybe as they are closing down. Might depend on how busy your locker is though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I had a couple of parcels into the North on the 23rd/24th, which found there way to me yesterday. I have a couple to the new Finglas address yesterday and today which have had no movement since.

Advertisement