Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

coylemj wrote: »
    Customs isn't all about excise and VAT, they're also interested in drugs, guns and controlled medicines. Meaning that just because a package is coming from within the EU, that doesn't give it immunity from a physical check.

I thought that they would at least put a sticker on it or something to say it was them that opened it.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭vafankillar

anyone ever get emails or texts saying your parcel is there when you haven't got a parcel ordered? or have collected the only parcel you did have more specifically? website must be **** if spam has gotten my phone number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

anyone ever get emails or texts saying your parcel is there when you haven't got a parcel ordered? or have collected the only parcel you did have more specifically? website must be **** if spam has gotten my phone number?

No never, have been using them since day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can you see a pic of the item in your account?

There have been cases in the past where people got deliveries of promotional mail connected to previous purchases where they inadvertantntly left a tic box checked to be notified of upcoming offers. In those cases it was simply an envelope & they were charged the full whack.

PM normally credit back the charge if pushed in those cases.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭vafankillar

Can you see a pic of the item in your account?

There have been cases in the past where people got deliveries of promotional mail connected to previous purchases where they inadvertantntly left a tic box checked to be notified of upcoming offers. In those cases it was simply an envelope & they were charged the full whack.

PM normally credit back the charge if pushed in those cases.

fuccks sake thats it. I assumed it was just spam, I actually had gotten spam from parcel motel before when i never even used them so assumed it was something like that and ignored it.

i think i remember unticking a box but i had to refresh the page as the address wasn't excepted initially and needed to be altered for some reason.

how the **** would i reverse this, i dont really care about the few bob if it was a once off but if they keep sending me stuff...glad i didn't link my credit card now

from what i've seen their customer service sounds **** so think i'll just let the balance go empty and forgot about it and thats the end of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Got an oversized parcel recently and the email said weight '0.1kg' Also got no photo of it. Was only available for collection since 11am this morning and depot closed at 12 so couldn't pick up. Is it normal they just can't be bothered to weigh the parcels and put down 0.1kg? because it should weigh around 4-5kg

Well turns out it was 5kg they just didn't bother to weigh it so entered 0.1kg in the email.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They wouldn't have time to weigh parcels, they'll go by what is put on the paperwork. It doesn't matter to them whether its 1 or 5 kilos as long as it fits in a locker. if someone was putting down 1 kilo, and it was 100kg, they'd weigh it.

whiterebel wrote: »
    They wouldn't have time to weigh parcels, they'll go by what is put on the paperwork. It doesn't matter to them whether its 1 or 5 kilos as long as it fits in a locker. if someone was putting down 1 kilo, and it was 100kg, they'd weigh it.

The parcel was only 1cm over size in 1 dimension, other dimensions within limits. I requested the seller keep box to 38x41x64. The lockers are slightly oversized so would've fit in. If they are that particular about dimension you would think they'd give a somewhat ballpark weight and not enter 0.1kg for a 5kg parcel and make you think someones sent an empty box. Or don't give the weight for the parcel at all. No photo was given either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭VG31

spix wrote: »
    The parcel was only 1cm over size in 1 dimension, other dimensions within limits. I requested the seller keep box to 38x41x64. The lockers are slightly oversized so would've fit in. If they are that particular about dimension you would think they'd give a somewhat ballpark weight and not enter 0.1kg for a 5kg parcel and make you think someones sent an empty box. Or don't give the weight for the parcel at all. No photo was given either.

I had something delivered to PM in a box that was slightly above the limit on one dimension but I wasn't charged the oversized fee. It fit into the locker at an angle.

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    I had something delivered to PM in a box that was slightly above the limit on one dimension but I wasn't charged the oversized fee. It fit into the locker at an angle.

I had that happen before as well which is how I know it would've fit. I guess it just depends who's checking.

I received a parcel to my PM sent by another PM user.

I just happened to notice on my bank statement that I was charged €3.95 for receiving it.

I rang them and got through instantly (couldn't believe my luck). They accepted the wrong charge without any argument & refunded my account immediately.

It could have slipped by without notice only for it was the only transaction in quite a while.

Just posting so other users can keep an eye on their own accounts.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I just happened to notice on my bank statement that I was charged €3.95 for receiving it.

I rang them and got through instantly (couldn't believe my luck). They accepted the wrong charge without any argument & refunded my account immediately.

It could have slipped by without notice only for it was the only transaction in quite a while.

Another similar warning I just caught. This has happened twice now and only just noticed why it matters. I had a parcel check in without a photo, few hours later it checked in again with a photo. That one without photo still 'in transit' because it was the same item. Now just happened again this morning. Issue? Was charged 3.95 twice for the same item due to double check in. Sent an email just now asking for the refund into my balance.

Well that was quick. Got a refund on the month old check in but the one that arrived today they said is a different parcel, however has no photo and not expecting anything else to arrive. Been using parcel motel years and never got any junk mail so not sure what it could be other than another double charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

hi all, I recently signed up for this service, how do I format the address to use on amazon?

hi all, I recently signed up for this service, how do I format the address to use on amazon?

Log into your account & from the menu drop downs you will see the option to display your address.

Pretty sure my 2nd mystery double charge is exactly this. Not due any regular motel deliveries but have a motel->motel which is still showing as 'customer stored' but should be in my locker by now. I guess they have a few ways of double charging !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Log into your account & from the menu drop downs you will see the option to display your address.

Got refunded on 2nd double charge as well... they don't cause any fuss about the refund but the double charges shouldn't happen at all. Wonder how many people this has happened to who haven't noticed.

Got refunded on 2nd double charge as well... they don't cause any fuss about the refund but the double charges shouldn't happen at all. Wonder how many people this has happened to who haven't noticed.

Exactly, I could live with a genuine mistake but if this kind of thing is automated it is going to keep happening.

Might be time to remove associated cards.

• Advertisement

Exactly, I could live with a genuine mistake but if this kind of thing is automated it is going to keep happening.

Might be time to remove associated cards.

Not sure I would've spotted it if I was using a card as I saw my parcel motel balance drop twice in a few hours knowing I only had 1 parcel incoming. I'm sure its unintentional and all but they really need to sort this out as they must be aware of it by now.

Anyone else unable to login? refreshed my account my balance/parcel history was empty, clicked log out, tried to log back in and says username or password incorrect.

Anyone else unable to login? refreshed my account my balance/parcel history was empty, clicked log out, tried to log back in and says username or password incorrect.

Yep, just checked there & I'm getting the same.

Yep, just checked there & I'm getting the same.

Hopefully down for maintenance to fix issue mentioned.. or banned both of us :pac:

Hopefully down for maintenance to fix issue mentioned.. or banned both of us :pac:

That's it; they're onto us for exposing their undercover operation to wipe our accounts. :D

That's it; they're onto us for exposing their undercover operation to wipe our accounts. :D

Would you believe they just done it again. Parcel motel -> parcel motel. Got charged 3.95 to receive

Would you believe they just done it again. Parcel motel -> parcel motel. Got charged 3.95 to receive

Well then, I'd imagine their system is doing it automatically. Hardly a random error by one of their operators. They would want to sort that ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

Anyone seeing a delay in deliveries lately? My parcel was received by PM a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear an update, it's coming from Dublin so a week and nothing is a joke. I know with everything going on it's easy to say delays are expected but it's not acceptable that they cannot deliver a small parcel a 3 hour drive in a week. I've ordered goods from America during the pandemic and they came in 3-4 days. Beyond useless service, I'm not surprised though when I see the Nightline logo on the website, another terrible service provider

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Norderburse

DilD wrote: »
    Anyone seeing a delay in deliveries lately? My parcel was received by PM a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear an update, it's coming from Dublin so a week and nothing is a joke. I know with everything going on it's easy to say delays are expected but it's not acceptable that they cannot deliver a small parcel a 3 hour drive in a week. Beyond useless service, I'm not surprised though when I see the Nightline logo on the website, another terrible service provider

Yes, DHL delivered to the NI address early on Friday morning (7am). The parcel hasn’t been logged in the Parcel Motel system yet, I registered on the expected delivery section on Saturday in case the PM number wasn’t on the slip, no acknowledgement or update since. Not great service at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

Yes, DHL delivered to the NI address early on Friday morning (7am). The parcel hasn’t been logged in the Parcel Motel system yet, I registered on the expected delivery section on Saturday in case the PM number wasn’t on the slip, no acknowledgement or update since. Not great service at all.

It's my first time using PM and will likely be my last. It's a pity as it is a great idea for ordering items from the UK. But when they take as long as they do then the whole point in their service is void, I'll be happier to pay a little extra on standard UK shipping and recieve my items on time then use this so called service again.

Their website says to allow 1 day for the parcel to be in the locker after they recieve it, that's comedy. Services like this need to be penalised for false advertising, taking your money and not delivering on what they said. No difference between them and a broadband company that promises fast internet and turns out to be dead slow *cough cough* eir.

Advertisement