Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire with Jeremy Clarkson

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Ouch. I felt for your man at the beginning. What a tough question.

Not many would of known that answer !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Such a waste using 3 lifelines on tiger King

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

She doesn't know Normal People. At least your man got it right on phone a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Unearthly wrote: »
    Such a waste using 3 lifelines on tiger King

I've never seen it but even I knew that! He must live under a rock. Dont know why he went 50 50 when he had no idea at all.

Questions are only easy if you know the answer. Many of us don’t have time, or patience/interest in many TV shows.

• Advertisement

Questions are only easy if you know the answer. Many of us don’t have time, or patience/interest in many TV shows.

Ah yeah fully know what you mean, it was just that it was so topical at the time, it seemed everyone was talking about it. Even my parents who rarely watch TV heard about the lunatic Tiger fella :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

New ep in 15 minutes ITV1...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Thargor wrote: »
    New ep in 15 minutes ITV1...

Just spotted this in time. ;) Nice one.

I didnt know the 200 pound question...coconut shy..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Cannot stand clarkson

I think someone who’d make a great host for it is Huw Edwards the newscaster.

• Advertisement

Smug head just fecked up !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

4 lifelines left too lol

Ouch didn't use a lifeline either

Bit of an arrogant ego at play in that last contestant I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It was between Borg and Lewis, a 50:50 call might have solved it. He got too cocky. It's really important to control your emotions in a quiz. That's why on Beat The Chasers, they analyse the jib of the contestants as they come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I'm not liking this one bit cocky as well

Zutons Valerie

Storm 10 wrote: »
    I'm not liking this one bit cocky as well

Bloody accent go through you, sounds like my Essex cousins !!

Loved her.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,774 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Only watching this on Virgin now..... the one the first fella went out on I'd have confidently got wrong as well - was a huge tennis fan and an even bigger Borg fan back in the day, and I have absolutely NO memory of him ever trying to make a comeback - I really thought he swanned off into the sunset with never a backwards glance!

His cock-up has the following contestant properly rattled!!

• Advertisement

Btw Quiz is starting on RTE1 right now, its alright.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Only watching this on Virgin now..... the one the first fella went out on I'd have confidently got wrong as well - was a huge tennis fan and an even bigger Borg fan back in the day, and I have absolutely NO memory of him ever trying to make a comeback - I really thought he swanned off into the sunset with never a backwards glance!

His cock-up has the following contestant properly rattled!!

Virgin are showing these eps then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Water John wrote: »
    It was between Borg and Lewis, a 50:50 call might have solved it. He got too cocky. It's really important to control your emotions in a quiz. That's why on Beat The Chasers, they analyse the jib of the contestants as they come in.

Wasn't entirely sure, but had thought Lewis won medals at four straight Olympics, and so didn't retire early.

Thargor wrote: »
    Virgin are showing these eps then?

Yes, an hour later, before it used to be a week later - wasn't sure if it was the same series, but posts here confirm it is.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I knew the answer to that annus horribilis question because of Reeling in the Years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I knew the answer to that annus horribilis question because of Reeling in the Years.

Missed the answer,what was it? I would of went with the Good Friday Agreement

Missed the answer,what was it? I would of went with the Good Friday Agreement

Clinton.

Could have taken the rest of next week and I wouldn't have got there!

Year questions are a nightmare, the contestants on Pointless who go for them in the final round rarely fare well.

Thought 1999 was Annus Horribilus, so starting from the wrong spot.
    She should have known Clarkson is a movie buff. She was lucky to ask him.

Water John wrote: »
    Thought 1999 was Annus Horribilus, so starting from the wrong spot.
    She should have known Clarkson is a movie buff. She was lucky to ask him.

Wasn't Argo his Oscar winning film though? He didn't know that! (and I'm absolutely crap at films :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Wasn't entirely sure, but had thought Lewis won medals at four straight Olympics, and so didn't retire early.

yes but in fairness most sprinters don't last past 26 ...i thought it was Lewis too, i reckon that's going to haunt him for the rest of his days he was truly stunned

felt sorry for him

Advertisement