Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire with Jeremy Clarkson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Thargor wrote: »
    Poor returns tonight, entertaining though.

I noticed that the questions a lot more difficult. It's a bit like they have used up most of the budget. There was a few tricky questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Still Ill

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I noticed that the questions a lot more difficult. It's a bit like they have used up most of the budget. There was a few tricky questions.

Ones like the rap artist with most number 1s are going to be a guess for almost anybody including fans of rap music. Have noticed a few questions of similar type in this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oooh. Wow. She was going to do so well there. Shame that she went too soon.

I hope she enjoys her money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Very brave crop of contestants this time round, seems like theres more failed punts being taken this time than all the previous Clarkson seasons put together.

Another one...

And he knew the answer aswell, that was a massive song at the time:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Very brave crop of contestants this time round, seems like theres more failed punts being taken this time than all the previous Clarkson seasons put together.

From the few episodes I've seen of this series ,the questions seem easier than normal ,especially the lower value ones .
    Then they throw in some vicious questions around 32k or 64k.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What was the question for 16k, answer sounded like Mikowski? She sounded like she knew the answer instantly. (I only heard the answer from the kitchen!)

I was sure she was going to go for Budapest for the last one!

Another one...

And he knew the answer aswell, that was a massive song at the time:

I thought that, but I wouldn't have bet against ther awful dirge from Les Mis being the answer either! If it had been a few guess I'd have gone for it, but not for that kind of money!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What was the question for 16k, answer sounded like Mikowski? She sounded like she knew the answer instantly.

I was sure she was going to go for Budapest for the last one!

What siblings directed the Matrix films .
    They used to be called the Wachowski brothers but they are both now women ..

I thought you were allowed 2 friends? She clearly doesn't have much faith in her other one, only ever mentioned the Dad!!

• Advertisement

Jeremy has grown on me.

She obviously isnt a fan of the band

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I was wondering why I was inclined towards Bell. It was only when Jeremy said Bell X -1 that I copped. She skipped telling her father X-1, whether that would have helped him.
    Never noticed an awkward question burning 3 or 4 lifelines as much before. Might indicate the occasional very hard question in the mix.
    Then they're are easy regular quiz questions turning up, like the Rubicon crossing by Julius Caesar. That was for £64K.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

A lot of contestants seem to be leaving a lot of money behind because they leave their safety net too late.

If you're on 32,000 and leave it to125,000, you're ****ed if you struggle on either question.

One guy let his safety net to 125,000. he used all his life lines by 64,000 and didn't know the answer to the 64,000 question.

He had a hunch but not enough to risk it. His hunch was correct and he didn't make an extra 61,000 as he left his safety net too late.

Yeah, I think for most people the 32k safety net is the optimal play. Unless they're very strong or have all their lifelines left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Water John wrote: »
    Then they're are easy regular quiz questions turning up, like the Rubicon crossing by Julius Caesar. That was for £64K.

That question was very easy. There's been harder questions for £2,000! Surely most people would know that?
    Still Ill wrote: »
    Yeah, I think for most people the 32k safety net is the optimal play. Unless they're very strong or have all their lifelines left.

Even if they have all their lifelines left, they can end up using them all on the one question.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Jeremy has been egging people to be brave and wait in setting their second lifeline, some are listening and it's backfired. An ordinary quizzer should possibly set it at 32K and a very good one might get away with setting it at €64K.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Water John wrote: »
    Jeremy has been egging people to be brave and wait in setting their second lifeline, some are listening and it's backfired.

I haven't detected that at all. Compared to Chris Tarrant, he seems supremely indifferent to the contestants' tactics.

He has to ask the question 'do you want to set your safety net' after every question above €1,000 so I don't even notice when he asks.

coylemj wrote: »
    I haven't detected that at all. Compared to Chris Tarrant, he seems supremely indifferent to the contestants' tactics.

He has to ask the question 'do you want to set your safety net' after every question above €1,000 so I don't even notice when he asks.
    Not so much in this series (although the attitude is still there), but definitely in the last series he was only short of calling them chicken if they set it at anything below 64K!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

Currently being filmed for a return in Autumn sometime, with no ask the audience lifeline the contestants will instead be allowed phone 2 different friends so they have the same number of lifelines

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/who-wants-millionaire-return-itv-22442735

• Advertisement

Massive spoilers for the upcoming September series all over the place this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Massive spoilers for the upcoming September series all over the place this morning.

Yes no surprises

Yep. Jeremy will actually know the answer to a question.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes no surprises

Its been really dumbed down in recent series.
    I've been watching some old shows on Sony Channel the last few weeks, there have been some reallly great episodes of late, Tarrant is the master.
    Clarkson is dreadful in comparison .

This episode was on last week ,one of the craziest phone a friends I've ever seen

I've been watching some old shows on Sony Channel the last few weeks, there have been some reallly great episodes of late, Tarrant is the master.

This episode was on last week ,one of the craziest phone a friends I've ever seen

Agree, I bet we'll be back in here in a few weeks complaining about how easy a run it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Ha brilliant, love that he actually got it right! Miss Tarrant alright he was made for this show.

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Ha brilliant, love that he actually got it right! Miss Tarrant alright he was made for this show.

He was a very interesting contestant,that chap.
    I looked him up after watching the show and it was a very sad story.

He won £125,000 on the ITV quiz show but was initially barred from receiving the money after it emerged that he had a criminal record.
    Celador, the show's maker, froze his money when it emerged Mr Hallett had convictions for arson and driving off without paying for £5 of fuel.
    Following a legal battle he was granted the prize, but died before he could spend it.
    He died in April 2007, aged 52, and had no heir, so his winnings went to the British Crown.
    Very sad .

He was a very interesting contestant,that chap.
    I looked him up after watching the show and it was a very sad story.

He won £125,000 on the ITV quiz show but was initially barred from receiving the money after it emerged that he had a criminal record.
    Celador, the show's maker, froze his money when it emerged Mr Hallett had convictions for arson and driving off without paying for £5 of fuel.
    Following a legal battle he was granted the prize, but died before he could spend it.
    He died in April 2007, aged 52, and had no heir, so his winnings went to the British Crown.
    Very sad .

Wow... That's pretty crazy. Any idea how he died?
    I think it's wrong they tried to withhold the money if he won it fair and square.

Still Ill wrote: »
    Wow... That's pretty crazy. Any idea how he died?
    I think it's wrong they tried to withhold the money if he won it fair and square.

I think he died of natural causes.
    It seems you cant go on the show if you have a criminal record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

This is on Monday night through Friday on ITV.

Advertisement