Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire with Jeremy Clarkson

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

* looks at time *

.. yeah, I'd say next guy/girl/plant/fish/animal will do well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Basq wrote: »
    This lad ain't getting there anyways..

Did he say he only recognised D ? Think he may have not read the question carefully.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

VG31 wrote: »
    Did anyone see the contestant, Donald Fear? He looked like Davyth Fear who won £500,000 two(?) seasons ago?

Well he is on now!

His brother. Beating him would be a nice cherry!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Well he is on now!

It’s his brother. He won 500,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Hah clever family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

This is looking good...

What are the bets he'll ring the brother for a phone-a-friend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Genius...

' I know this one aswell'must be a great feeling when its for that kind of money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Knowledgeable person like this deserves it.
    Seems like a nice person too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

He knew the answer before the 4 choices were read out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

This is fantastic

With 3 lifelines left, that will never happen again!

I taught piracy...... Jesus !!

Has any other Millionaire got through with only using a single lifeline? Incredible stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

3 lifelines left.

Crazy, I would of done what that yank did when he won and rang his dad and said I'm about to win a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,492 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

One of the most amazing things I have ever seen on telly. Legend

We all knew it was coming..

.. but the absolute confidence and intelligence shown throughout was something else entirely.

Well deserved!

Basq wrote: »
    What are the bets he'll ring the brother for a phone-a-friend?

I was sure that he’d ring him just to say that he was about to win a million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I was sure that he’d ring him just to say that he was about to win a million!

First winner in the US rang his dad on the million dollar question. Just wanted to tell him he won the million! It’s on YouTube, defo worth a look, guy had balls of steal :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

afatbollix wrote: »
    3 lifelines left.

Crazy, I would of done what that yank did when he won and rang his dad and said I'm about to win a million.

Cool as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Very good quizzer and luck was with him, as you need. The half million pound question is a fairly regular quiz one, strange for that money. Really delighted for him and his family.

Water John wrote: »
    Very good quizzer and luck was with him, as you need. The half million pound question is a fairly regular quiz one, strange for that money. Really delighted for him and his family.

They really had to have a winner to keep people interested.

I particularly like the fact that he had to tell Clarkson how many had previously won the million:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Donald was a terrific winner to win the £1 Million. I have been avoiding the news articles about it earlier today to ignore the win until tonight's big win. It's a shame that his family were not there in the studio audience to see him win it. It would have been terrific scenes to see him giving them a big hug after winning the Jackpot. It's been wonderful night for this guy. I wish Donald a hearty congratulations & well done. He was superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

An outtake of JC had him say the f word twice on It'll be Alright on the Night on ITV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

afatbollix wrote: »
    3 lifelines left.

I would have pretended I didn't know the answer and asked the host!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭appledrop

It was brilliant to watch.

The minute he said his brother won 500,000 near the start myself + my husband were like ohhhhh he could be good!

He is a teacher + wife a nurse so certainly not millionaires. Great to see people like that who are public servants winning money like that.

Seems so down to earth. He will be a legend now in his school!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,233 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He is the head off Donald Pleasance.

In fairness as a history and politics teacher he couldn't have asked for an easier series of questions.
    Up to 16k the questions were all very easy.
    The 50/50 took away the closest answer to the correct one.

Not one modern pop culture , music, literature, sport, science or technology question.

Seems like a very nice fellow though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Absolute beast of a contestant and seems like a nice man too, hope he can do to the travelling he wants if things get back to normal at some point.

Advertisement