Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire with Jeremy Clarkson

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,421 ✭✭✭✭ Basq

* looks at time *

.. yeah, I'd say next guy/girl/plant/fish/animal will do well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭ ShamoBuc

Basq wrote: »
    This lad ain't getting there anyways..

Did he say he only recognised D ? Think he may have not read the question carefully.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭ ShamoBuc

VG31 wrote: »
    Did anyone see the contestant, Donald Fear? He looked like Davyth Fear who won £500,000 two(?) seasons ago?

Well he is on now!

His brother. Beating him would be a nice cherry!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭ Maryanne84

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Well he is on now!

It’s his brother. He won 500,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭ Unearthly

Hah clever family

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭ afatbollix

This is looking good...

What are the bets he'll ring the brother for a phone-a-friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭ 4Ad

Genius...

' I know this one aswell'must be a great feeling when its for that kind of money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭ funkey_monkey

Knowledgeable person like this deserves it.
    Seems like a nice person too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭ 4Ad

He knew the answer before the 4 choices were read out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭ unhappys10

This is fantastic

With 3 lifelines left, that will never happen again!

I taught piracy...... Jesus !!

Has any other Millionaire got through with only using a single lifeline? Incredible stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭ afatbollix

3 lifelines left.

Crazy, I would of done what that yank did when he won and rang his dad and said I'm about to win a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭ castletownman

One of the most amazing things I have ever seen on telly. Legend

We all knew it was coming..

.. but the absolute confidence and intelligence shown throughout was something else entirely.

Well deserved!

Basq wrote: »
    What are the bets he'll ring the brother for a phone-a-friend?

I was sure that he’d ring him just to say that he was about to win a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 AMGer

Maryanne84 wrote: »
    I was sure that he’d ring him just to say that he was about to win a million!

First winner in the US rang his dad on the million dollar question. Just wanted to tell him he won the million! It’s on YouTube, defo worth a look, guy had balls of steal :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭ unhappys10

afatbollix wrote: »
    3 lifelines left.

Crazy, I would of done what that yank did when he won and rang his dad and said I'm about to win a million.

Cool as

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭ Water John

Very good quizzer and luck was with him, as you need. The half million pound question is a fairly regular quiz one, strange for that money. Really delighted for him and his family.

Water John wrote: »
    Very good quizzer and luck was with him, as you need. The half million pound question is a fairly regular quiz one, strange for that money. Really delighted for him and his family.

They really had to have a winner to keep people interested.

I particularly like the fact that he had to tell Clarkson how many had previously won the million:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭ dublinman1990

Donald was a terrific winner to win the £1 Million. I have been avoiding the news articles about it earlier today to ignore the win until tonight's big win. It's a shame that his family were not there in the studio audience to see him win it. It would have been terrific scenes to see him giving them a big hug after winning the Jackpot. It's been wonderful night for this guy. I wish Donald a hearty congratulations & well done. He was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭ dublinman1990

An outtake of JC had him say the f word twice on It'll be Alright on the Night on ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ Shakyfan

afatbollix wrote: »
    3 lifelines left.

I would have pretended I didn't know the answer and asked the host!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭ appledrop

It was brilliant to watch.

The minute he said his brother won 500,000 near the start myself + my husband were like ohhhhh he could be good!

He is a teacher + wife a nurse so certainly not millionaires. Great to see people like that who are public servants winning money like that.

Seems so down to earth. He will be a legend now in his school!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭ MisterAnarchy

He is the head off Donald Pleasance.

In fairness as a history and politics teacher he couldn't have asked for an easier series of questions.
    Up to 16k the questions were all very easy.
    The 50/50 took away the closest answer to the correct one.

Not one modern pop culture , music, literature, sport, science or technology question.

Seems like a very nice fellow though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭ Billy Ocean

Absolute beast of a contestant and seems like a nice man too, hope he can do to the travelling he wants if things get back to normal at some point.

Advertisement