Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,181 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Tune in between 12pm and 1pm today to find out how to cook a chicken, and a review of the latest series on NetFlix.

Encroaching on Claire Byrne's material that is.

She has a great career peddling that guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

spakman wrote: »
    There he goes again with the negativity and cynicism about something that hasn't even happened! "Everyone is waiting for them to cock up the redress scheme"

Didn't like the remark yesterday either. "And ironically we have to go to the Angelus now".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Didn't like the remark yesterday either. "And ironically we have to go to the Angelus now".

Ha, great line!

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That Regina Doherty contribution on the mother and baby report.

She had zero details, zero specifics, all broad brush strokes there.

She was thrown out on her ear in the last election.

All attention seeking and shamelessly exploiting this issue to garner praise

BOC encouraging her on of course

Very strange language from a doctor
    "There would be nobody there to cut my baby out".
    "This baby is cooked"

I know the term "bun in the oven" is used to describe a pregnancy but I didn't know that you are obliged to continue the metaphor right up to the delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

No surprise at all there, Doherty is a hack of the highest order, knows what will endear the media to her and favourable media coverage never hurts electoral prospects

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    No surprise at all there, Doherty is a hack of the highest order, knows what will endear the media to her and favourable media coverage never hurts electoral prospects

Spare a thought for those of us who are neighbours of Doherty. Thankfully we have Helen McEntee to represent us now.......yes, that’s sarcasm.

Spare a thought for those of us who are neighbours of Doherty. Thankfully we have Helen McEntee to represent us now.......yes, that’s sarcasm.

What’s your take on mcentee?

Harding on again!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,978 ✭✭✭✭walshb

NIMAN wrote: »
    Harding on again!?!

I must be missing something with this lad..

To me, an out and out waffler.

• Advertisement

He's great for filler material.

He often talks about his depression and low moods, so he's ideal for RTE.

Missed her. Was she like many others, blindly slating the report?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

What’s your take on mcentee?

Way, way, way out of her depth, and I’m being kind there.

The sending sympathies on Twitter to the Nchecnko family from her position as Minister for Justice (wtf?!!!!) in an attempt I can only assume to appear woke and make political capital from it was a highlight that won’t be forgotten by many, esp. any Gardai.

The sending sympathies on Twitter to the Nchecnko family from her position as Minister for Justice (wtf?!!!!) in an attempt I can only assume to appear woke vac and make political capital from it was a highlight that won’t be forgotten by many, esp. any Gardai.

Over Christmas i randomly saw that programme where mary mcaleese took ppl on a walk in the countryside and had a chat - it was repeated on the news now channel

Anyway mcentee was on one day. I dunno what I was expecting but she didn’t impress much - was like she had no real interest in politics and didn’t have a whole lot to say for herself really

But has a “divine right” to a FG seat as her dad had it before her.

This is p1sh of the highest order.

walshb wrote: »
    Missed her. Was she like many others, blindly slating the report?

Yep basically just saying platitudes like

“We owe so much to those wonderful women”

No specifics, no details, no sign of any work done by her before going on air

This is p1sh of the highest order.

Sometimes I enjoy Michael Harding, find his way of speaking quite calming, but it is indeed absolute p1$$ this morning.

So he wants to exhume all the bodies and have a new mass burial we should all take part in, and overseen by Michael D?

What is this guy on?

yeah it's ridiculous but it's one of the biggest problems with the political system. Politicians are rewarded for obedience with promotions to Ministries - put in charge of departments they have no clue about. They wouldn't not even reach interview stage if the position were given out on merit. They spend a year trying to learn about the department before being moved to another position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

So he wants to exhume all the bodies and have a new mass burial we should all take part in, and overseen by Michael D?

What is this guy on?

Look at me. Look at me. Look at ME!

Ok what's the next viral issue.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at ME.

• Advertisement

Regular weekly slot??

There truly are some lunatics among us!!

I like the way Brendan O'Connor gives the odd wee dig. The other week about the Happy Pear being all over Instagram, now Michael Harding being all over RTÉ.

I like the way Brendan O'Connor gives the odd wee dig. The other week about the Happy Pear being all over Instagram, now Michael Harding being all over RTÉ.

Yes. He does that from time to time.

We aren't actually supposed to be going out on walks in the countryside, unless we are actually living in the midst of it.

Derek Mooney has a challenge for you. He wants you to all petition RTE to remove Ray D'Arcy and get him his job back.

Derek Mooney has a challenge for you. He wants you to all petition RTE to remove Ray D'Arcy and get him his job back.

I'd say he's getting well enough paid for the work he does.

I'd say he's getting well enough paid for the work he does.

I did wonder about that when he was talking about thinking up ideas. I wonder is he still on the 200K. The wages don't go down in RTE ever do they.

That is absolutely something I’d sign..

Mother a jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

What is this guy on?

Wont happen in Tuam anyway imv, the council leveled most of the gardens when they built the housing estate in the 70s I remember it myself, its allways puzzled me why theres no great outcry to forensically examine the councils papers from around this time. There are even a few still alive who worked on that contract. Have they been interviewed? if they were I didnt hear about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

It always entertains me that the guy from birdwatch ireland has the surname "Hatch". Does anyone know of any other appropriate named people for their job?

Advertisement