Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Is he that bad a jumper though? I thought he looked fine until the fall, willing to give any novice a second chance.

I personally think 5/2 is an absolute monster of a price - far more likely to turn up with it being right handed it suits much better that the DRF, Envoi would be equally comfortable at either track, he is a Grade one horse receiving 11lbs in bottomless ground, Gordan's are running under par and surely the last thing that connections want is a slugging match with AF 8 weeks away from the big one - all for a measly 20K.

Yes , he is that bad, especially at 5/2. He can win all day at that price, I am backing Fulham to beat Chelsea at home on Saturday - around 11/2 generally. Do a double with Lampard getting the sack after.

If I am having any bet in the race it will be a fiver on all the outsiders.

In a 3 horse race - always back the outsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Yes , he is that bad, especially at 5/2. He can win all day at that price, I am backing Fulham to beat Chelsea at home on Saturday - around 11/2 generally. Do a double with Lampard getting the sack after.

What price is he if/when Envoi is a no show?

What price is he if/when Envoi is a no show?

I don't know tbh, but I would probably go dutch on the field then, or lay him. You are talking about backing a 1/2 shot over fences in a graded race after he fell last time out and has shown on multiple occasions that he is a quirky jumper. As I said he can win all he likes at those prices - there are better bets to be had.

In the meantime Fulham and Chelsea goes ahead at 5.30 Craven Cottage tomorrow night. I got 6/1 on Betfair - happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Champ still entered in the stayers hurdle

• Advertisement

I don't know tbh, but I would probably go dutch on the field then, or lay him. You are talking about backing a 1/2 shot over fences in a graded race after he fell last time out and has shown on multiple occasions that he is a quirky jumper. As I said he can win all he likes at those prices - there are better bets to be had.

In the meantime Fulham and Chelsea goes ahead at 5.30 Craven Cottage tomorrow night. I got 6/1 on Betfair - happy days.

No, I am talking about backing him at 5/2 :confused:

No, I am talking about backing him at 5/2 :confused:

He is still a shight bet if Envoi Allen does him for 3 lengths at every fence, neither horse has a clue what weight they are carrying.

Jumping is the game, I would rather back a good jumper than a shight one.

Or Fulham at 6/1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

I was that drunk over Xmas I had forgotten Asterion Forlonge fell in Limerick. Had to check the RP there

He is still a shight bet if Envoi Allen does him for 3 lengths at every fence, neither horse has a clue what weight they are carrying.

Or Fulham at 6/1.

I see now that its no longer Ante post having gone past the 48hr decs so my point is kind of redundant as the prices are subject to Rule 4 - he was 5/2AP earlier in the week with Hills.

Or Fulham at 6/1.

Come on now that's just silly, even for you!

• Advertisement

Come on now that's just silly, even for you!

I think this conversation is over.

If there is anything about it that you are not understanding let me spell it out for you.

There are better bets to be having this weekend. Go find one.

If there is anything about it that you are not understanding let me spell it out for you.

Fulham at 6/1?

There look I found one already - Dreal Deal looks a cracking ew bet in the next.

https://www.irishracing.com/card?race=Punchestown_Sun_17th_Jan_2021_1_20&prc=071&prd=202101171320

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Fulham at 6/1?

Fill your booties. To the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I am very confident in Thyme Hill for the Stayers, unless Champ runs in which case I will be all over him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I am very confident in Thyme Hill for the Stayers, unless Champ runs in which case I will be all over him

ah roger , looks like its me against you again in the stayers!

paisley park all the way boy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Faugheen not entered in the Ryanair or the Gold Cup. I wonder is that it for the Machine?

lads

has there been a worse racer ever run , form wise at least than the boodles last year.

just go back through the result.

not one horse in that is worth a shyte.

its gas

akelly02 wrote: »
    ah roger , looks like its me against you again in the stayers!

paisley park all the way boy!!

Happy to take you on Kelly boy!!!!

Faugheen not entered in the Ryanair or the Gold Cup. I wonder is that it for the Machine?

Got a clip last week
    Setback alright
    Punchestown probably the plan now
    Who knows, he ain't getting any younger

• Advertisement

Happy to take you on Kelly boy!!!!

He stung ya before rog, when you are frothing at the mouth over faugheen.

he fairly put them in their place that day , and he will do the same again in march!!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

lads

has there been a worse racer ever run , form wise at least than the boodles last year.

just go back through the result.

not one horse in that is worth a shyte.

its gas

When have we ever had a good one out of it? Crack away Jack was half decent.
    No place for it at Cheltenham at all, belongs at Plumpton.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

When have we ever had a good one out of it? Crack away Jack was half decent. No place for it at Cheltenham at all, belongs at Plumpton.

Can't understand why they didn't get rid of it and leave in the novice handicap chase, look at the horses that have come out of that in comparison

He stung ya before rog, when you are frothing at the mouth over faugheen.

he fairly put them in their place that day , and he will do the same again in march!!

Don't you DARE say Paisely feckin Park put Faugheen in his place!!!!

They both have their place, and my boys place is in the pantheon of greats!
    Your boy will never win at the festival again!!

THE CHEEK OF YOU KELLY!!

Don't you DARE say Paisely feckin Park put Faugheen in his place!!!!

They both have their place, and my boys place is in the pantheon of greats!
    Your boy will never win at the festival again!!

THE CHEEK OF YOU KELLY!!

I love faugheen myself rog, but HE WAS PUT IN HIS PLACE !!.

This years stayers will be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭kksaints

famagusta wrote: »
    Can't understand why they didn't get rid of it and leave in the novice handicap chase, look at the horses that have come out of that in comparison

It keeps a lot of the mediocre 4-year olds out of the Triumph Hurdle making the Triumph a classier race. The Triumph in the 90s and early 00s was a calvary charge.

I love faugheen myself rog, but HE WAS PUT IN HIS PLACE !!.

This years stayers will be a cracker.

It will, and I tell you now son, Paisley doesn't win it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

I'm on record here saying I fancied Paisley to get bet last year, I just had no clue what would beat him. I definitely don't fancy him this year. Thyme Hill is my main dart but it is another weak enough renewal. I'd love a horse that's just not good enough for the GC to go for it. Percy, Kemboy, something like that... The Storyteller is already pencilled in. Gutted it seems like Thistlecrack isn't entered. Even though he's nearly 13 I felt he deserves one more run at Cheltenham before he's retired, although I'm being a little selfish

I am backing Paisley Park - for the sole reason that he is an exciting bet to have. He takes some time to get going and then boots home. I reckon there is 3/1 available on the day, I will have a win only bet, nothing too big.

The biggest danger at the prices is Fury Road. He ran shight at Christmas and it looked too bad to be true. If any of Gordon Elliott's show improvement next time out they need to be considered for the festival.

• Advertisement

I like mcfab for the stayers

Advertisement