Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Slattsy wrote: »
    He said a few hundred, there'll be no problems there.

Ye putting 200 on today and another 200 next week

Just didnt want to lose 300 if they only returned back a certain amount like up to 100

But looks like I should be alright so going to do the bets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

The confidence behind Zanahiyr is understandable but the triumph is a minefield.
    I'd be very interested to see how quixlios goes goes next time out before putting any big sums down

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Any early opinions on the County?
    Two I've marked down for it are Botox Has and Tiger Tap Tap. I think there are big handicaps in both of them at some stage. They aren't priced up yet from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Two I've marked down for it are Botox Has and Tiger Tap Tap. I think there are big handicaps in both of them at some stage. They aren't priced up yet from what I can see.

tiger tap tap is a hound in my opinion , literally hasnt done a tap since he was bigged up to beat sir erec a few christmases ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I was hoping Verdana Blue would be this years Aramon, but i'm not the only one unfortunately. FAV NRNB.:mad:. Ill have a find another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

aidankkk wrote: »
    I was hoping Verdana Blue would be this years Aramon, but i'm not the only one unfortunately. FAV NRNB.:mad:. Ill have a find another one.

Would you not think She is very ground dependent to be backing 2 months out?

Milkwood is one that strikes me as very unexposed and in the 'could be anything' category, the other one that strikes me as 'interesting' is Soaring Glory who I thought was going to be a Supreme hotpot at one point but I got the feeling the last two times they were keeping a little back to protect his mark.

Unless I was privy to some insider info though I wouldn't go near the County until at least after the Betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Would you not think She is very ground dependent to be backing 2 months out?

Id say she would have a great chance to win this on anything but Very soft. I wouldn't back her at the price now anyway , she's need to be 20/1 nrnb to factor in ground etc.

I dunno lad, I couldn't have that tiger tap tap of it started now.
    Absolute pig of a horse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Ngolo, county written all over him the way he races. Only fear is bha handicapper putting him up something ridiculous like 8 or 9lb but the likely 4 or 5 should be fine.

• Advertisement

Ngolo, county written all over him the way he races. Only fear is bha handicapper putting him up something ridiculous like 8 or 9lb but the likely 4 or 5 should be fine.

Wrong handicap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

No love for Triple T so :rolleyes: . In fairness, he has been a disappointment so far.
    But he is trained by a maestro in W P Mullins who seems to good at laying one out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Wrong handicap ;)

Could well be. I'll not be backing him yet anyway, handicaps in general you're better off sitting
    tight I find with the competitiveness of markets and terms come Cheltenham week.
    Finishes his races very strongly over 2 mile, I think Cheltenham strong gallop and 2 mile is perfect.
    I presume you're thinking the MP but I'd be wanting a thorough stayer in it and I think this boy mightnt be a dour enough stayer.

Could well be. I'll not be backing him yet anyway, handicaps in general you're better off sitting
    tight I find with the competitiveness of markets and terms come Cheltenham week.
    Finishes his races very strongly over 2 mile, I think Cheltenham strong gallop and 2 mile is perfect.
    I presume you're thinking the MP but I'd be wanting a thorough stayer in it and I think this boy mightnt be a dour enough stayer.

Yeah, was keeping an eye on him for the Martin Pipe but wouldn't be backing him until closer to the time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

The Mig wrote: »
    Envoi looks like he’s gonna run Sunday at Punchestown. Be interesting if Asterion Forlonge turns up too receiving 11lbs from EA

Both of them declared. We’ve got a race folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

What odds one of them is a n/r?

Stone bruise NAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Christ giving Asterion 11 lbs and on heavy ground. If Envoi hacks up here it'll be some performance. Asterion is mad as a brush but he's a quality horse if right. Jockeys and trainer seem confident in Envoi anyway.

I wouldn't be too down on Envoi if he is beaten here. To give a quality horse like Asterion Forlonge 11 is almost impossible
    Over even weights he would laugh at him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is it priced up?

• Advertisement

12 stone on potentially heavy ground. That could really find the bottom of a horse, regardless how much a machine he is. Risky move but fair ****s to connections I guess.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Is it priced up?

Can’t see any yet slatts. All waiting for the 1st bookie to price it up and then the rest follow suit no doubt

Just seen Sky bet have 4/9 EA and AF is 9/4

Looking at the conditions, the weight he will have to carry, the proximity to Cheltenham........this has NR written all over it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I couldn't be backing Asterion Forlonge over any type of a fence again, he can't do it.

They should train him to be a flat stayer, he could make a nice few bob for connections. Serious machine.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I couldn't be backing Asterion Forlonge over any type of a fence again, he can't do it.

They should train him to be a flat stayer, he could make a nice few bob for connections. Serious machine.

He wouldn't win a flat handicap around Galway lad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Looking at the conditions, the weight he will have to carry, the proximity to Cheltenham........this has NR written all over it

I would be amazed if he runs.

He wouldn't win a flat handicap around Galway lad

A has a Grade 1 under his belt, don't get too smart Rog.

He is right good horse, but he is a sloppy jumper.

If he could jump at all he would be a great bet for Sunday. He isn't though.

Yeah I'm a big fan of him too. Mad as anything out there but a serious engine. I've no problem putting my hand up saying I fancied him more than Shishkin last March.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    A has a Grade 1 under his belt, don't get too smart Rog.

He is right good horse, but he is a sloppy jumper.

If he could jump at all he would be a great bet for Sunday. He isn't though.

Is he that bad a jumper though? I thought he looked fine until the fall, willing to give any novice a second chance.

I personally think 5/2 is an absolute monster of a price - far more likely to turn up with it being right handed it suits much better that the DRF, Envoi would be equally comfortable at either track, he is a Grade one horse receiving 11lbs in bottomless ground, Gordan's are running under par and surely the last thing that connections want is a slugging match with AF 8 weeks away from the big one - all for a measly 20K.

Advertisement