Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    DENIED. We can arrange click and collect from all our England, Scotland and Wales shops but not any Northern Ireland shops. [/I]
    No reason given but I'm kinda assuming it's Brexit? I dunno though. Not sure what customs could be due on a jug and a kitchen roll holder.

It's not Brexit, it's Covid restrictions that have seen the suspension of Click-and-Collect in the North:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/retail-ni-in-call-for-restoration-of-click-and-collect-as-footfall-slumps-39931902.html

Same situation in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    DENIED. We can arrange click and collect from all our England, Scotland and Wales shops but not any Northern Ireland shops. [/I]
    No reason given but I'm kinda assuming it's Brexit? I dunno though. Not sure what customs could be due on a jug and a kitchen roll holder.

It's not Brexit, it's Covid restrictions that have seen the suspension of Click-and-Collect in the North:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/retail-ni-in-call-for-restoration-of-click-and-collect-as-footfall-slumps-39931902.html

Same situation in the Republic.

I too can't understand why some shops only have certain things available for delivery. It doesn't seem to be based on size or weight. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,415 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That barbers are still closed. I've just looked in the mirror, and with the hair on the back of my neck, it looks like a mullet. But I cant reach it to shave.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Antares35 wrote: »
    When you stop to sanitise your hands going into a shop and the people behind you walk right up on top of you, don't sanitise their hands and pass you by.

This x 1000 !

Very few sanitising going into shops anymore, think the masks protects from everything.. They nearly look at you as if you're in the way

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Between my mothers GP and her pharmacy I don't know which is more incompetent. I got the GP to renew her prescription last month and picked it up. Phoned the pharmacy today to pick up this months and they tell me that the GP didn't put a repeat on the prescription, it was just for one months supply. The pharmacy did not mention this to me when I picked it up last month. If they had I would have arranged another repeat. The prescription goes directly from the GP to the pharmacy so I had no way of knowing it was only for one month. Now I have to wait for the GP to renew it again and my mother is down to her last 2 days of tablets. the GP can take up to 4 working days to write a prescription. Incompetent feckers the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have a go-to person for any problems related to part of my job, 99% of the time he ignores me, the other percent is a patronizing pos and is unhelpful in the extreme.

Today I see that someone who has wayyy more experience than I messaged him with a complaint, got a prompt response, and was told that it would be sorted.

But yea 'it's not personal bb'!

tatatatata

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I stocked up on nice soup from Tesco. The vine tomatoes and mascarpone one is lovely. I also got some others that are chicken with sweet potato, chicken with veg etc. When I heated one up for lunch today I realised it has "a hint of lemongrass, cumin and chilli" in it. The others have coconut milk and cumin. Just, why?? I thought they'd just be standard chicken and vegetables. It's like drinking curry. And I've loads of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OH put a chicken in the oven this evening...straight from the freezer. TAd as I grumbled to myself "how does one get to late thirties and not know that you can't just shove a chicken from the freezer into the oven". After a quick Google search I'm now TAd that I managed to get to my late thirties not knowing that you can.

What? Say it ain’t so!

If it’s any consolation I’m a lot older and I didn’t know you could do this...

Having said that, I’ve always been puzzled that ( what I was told) you have to defrost a chicken before cooking, but some frozen chicken items, can only be cooked from frozen....🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I'd still be afraid to cook a chicken from frozen. The logic was that the outside would be fully cooked and the inside not. Think baked alaska.
    However I always use a thermometer to check on chicken and pork as I'm ridiculously careful of undercooked meats. Thermometer use and cooking from frozen should be alright.

I eat all other meats rare or at least pink.

wildwillow wrote: »
    I'd still be afraid to cook a chicken from frozen. The logic was that the outside would be fully cooked and the inside not. Think baked alaska.
    However I always use a thermometer to check on chicken and pork as I'm ridiculously careful of undercooked meats. Thermometer use and cooking from frozen should be alright.

I'm still alive despite our frozen chicken escapades :) OH and I can never agree on cooking time. I'd be like you - erring with caution, whereas he likes his "not dried up". A bagged one is the compromise! We can cook it for ages and it still doesn't dry up. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

wildwillow wrote: »

Brother did that once and ended up with food poisoning. Very careful myself when dealing with chicken and pork.

spookwoman wrote: »
    Brother did that once and ended up with foot poisoning. Very care myself when dealing with chicken and pork.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Archeron

Went for a walk tonight and it led to an unexpected senior moment.
    It was cold, so I had a hat. It was raining so I had a hood. It was dark, so I had a headlight. I wanted some music walking so had earphones and then as I entered a shop to get a coffee I put on a mask. All of those items got tangled and when I came out of the shop I actually had to stop for a minute to figure out what was wrapped around what and what I had to do to unentagle everything. I kind of felt like an octopus stuck in a fishing net.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Archeron wrote: »
    Went for a walk tonight and it led to an unexpected senior moment.
    It was cold, so I had a hat. It was raining so I had a hood. It was dark, so I had a headlight. I wanted some music walking so had earphones and then as I entered a shop to get a coffee I put on a mask. All of those items got tangled and when I came out of the shop I actually had to stop for a minute to figure out what was wrapped around what and what I had to do to unentagle everything. I kind of felt like an octopus stuck in a fishing net.

Been there!!!

The last person speaking on Question Time. Giving out about the RoI government and cross border covid cooperation.
    " the 1st covid19 in NI came from a flight to Dublin "
    No. The 1st covid19 in Ireland came from a nordie who flew to Italy on a ski-ing trip via Dublin.

Was coming back from the vet this evening and OH texted for toilet paper. Of all the ironies, being in lockdown and not having loo roll. Anyway already TAd that I'd to risk going into a shop in person, while there, passed a man (sorry, tried to pass a man) with his THREE kids...blocking up an entire aisle...teaching them how to scan the shopping on a hand held self scanner. Of all the stupid fúckery during a pandemic, to treat a shop like a playground. And he was doing that "loud so that everyone can hear me" type of parenting that I detest.

"Now Oisin, it's Fiadh's turn to scan the shopping, pass it to her please. No don't show her how to do it, she has to learn herself".

God, people :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Was coming back from the vet this evening and OH texted for toilet paper. Of all the ironies, being in lockdown and not having loo roll. Anyway already TAd that I'd to risk going into a shop in person, while there, passed a man (sorry, tried to pass a man) with his THREE kids...blocking up an entire aisle...teaching them how to scan the shopping on a hand held self scanner. Of all the stupid fúckery during a pandemic, to treat a shop like a playground. And he was doing that "loud so that everyone can hear me" type of parenting that I detest.

"Now Oisin, it's Fiadh's turn to scan the shopping, pass it to her please. No don't show her how to do it, she has to learn herself".

God, people :(

Just before Christmas in my local Dunnes there was that - dad even had the baby in one of those slings on his chest!!

Random guy going into the beer section and was stopped by youngun - dad shouts over “yes Louisa ask that man where the black olives are, good girl!!”

Man walks in shaking his head!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

treat a shop like a playground
    Unfortunately this continues right through the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I had to get more antibiotics for my tongue. Two weeks of this crap. It's not that sore anymore but still all blistered.

I have to agree on the shopping front, in these times it isn't suitable to drag half your family around the shop with you especially with both parents there? Why doesn't one of them stay home with the offspring. Have they any fcking cop on at all. And then the younger kids walking right into you and the mother dragging them back. I just go in now and get the fck out as soon as possible.

SAMTALK wrote: »
    This x 1000 !

Very few sanitising going into shops anymore, think the masks protects from everything.. They nearly look at you as if you're in the way

I also notice that sanitisers are an awful lot more watery than at the start of this pandemic

• Advertisement

cj maxx wrote: »
    I also notice that sanitisers are an awful lot more watery than at the start of this pandemic

And sticky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The Flahavin's ad here on Boards that causes the page to freeze and lock up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,593 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When you boil an egg but its a bit too soft

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

PsychoPete wrote: »
    When you boil an egg but its a bit too soft

It's always Goldilocks style with me.

This egg is too soft ...
    This egg is too hard...

Very rarely get one just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I like my eggs a bit gooey to go in sambos but slightly hard. Trick is to simmer simmer simmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Put your egg in a small saucepan with a tiny bit of cold water. Boil the kettle and top up with your boiled water. Put on the ring on highest setting and bring back to the boil. When it starts bubbling again drop the ring setting to number two and simmer for four minutes. This will give you an eggcellent boiled egg. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ordered a parcel a few weeks ago and I got a notification from Fastway telling me it was successfully delivered when it wasn't.... I was here at home the day they told me it was delivered. I contacted them about it and they told me they sat it at the front door and slipped a notice through the letterbox telling me where it was. They obviously got the wrong address. I explained this to them and they are adamant that I am lying - constantly repeating the same crap "on our system it says the parcel was successfully delivered. Have you checked in with your neighbour? Did you check behind the front gate?"

Trying to get a refund from the supplier at the moment.

Even though it's in the TA thread, I'm raging on the inside because no other courier acts like this. Only Fastway

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or, bring the water to the boil, and only then add the eggs. Start counting when the water starts boiling again: 4 mins for a very soft egg (good for soldiers!) where the albumen is barely set and the yolk is still liquid, with 5 the yolk will be gooey, with 7 it'll be more compact but perhaps still a bit soft, with 8 it'll be hard boiled but not with the green tinge around the yolk. Make sure you stop the cooking by dipping them in cold water as soon as you take them out of the boiling water, unless you're eating them right away. A lot depends on the size of the eggs and on the cooker, too, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

We’ve got one of those “leave in the water” egg timers here, works well enough for me.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Some ad on the TV about home schooling or some such..where the guy says
    Something like “now that it’s twinty twinty one” meaning 2021.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement