Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Only caught parts of it and wasn't near a computer or my phone but lots of fake emails such as:

"My 3 year old heard your voice and said 'it's the Toy Man'"

"we watch the Toy Show all year round"

"people come up to me in Clifden and Roundstone and Dog's Bay in July telling me how much they love the Toy Show"

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Only caught parts of it and wasn't near a computer or my phone but lots of fake emails such as:

"My 3 year old heard your voice and said 'it's the Toy Man'"

"we watch the Toy Show all year round"

"people come up to me in Clifden and Roundstone and Dog's Bay in July telling me how much they love the Toy Show"

giphy.gif

Toyman_%28Winslow_Schott%29.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Walter Mitty :rolleyes:

Whoops, wrong thread. Sorry.

• Advertisement

So, he was there on that fateful evening!

Oh they’re fully aware of who he is. My 5 year old calls him a poopy-headed nutter cracker.....which I think is from Elf. Trump, not Tubs. ;)

Does he call Ryan the Toyman?

So, he was there on that fateful evening!

He goes to his cousin's much fancier hotel, the Abbeyglen Castle on the Sky Road.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2954fa2a587867dd41227de193c2ffab163dbb29ce&rid=giphy.gif

Does he call Ryan the Toyman?

Nope. He was very disappointed with the toy show and lasted about 15-20 mins before he asked “where are the toys?” and came out with a cracker - “this should be called the book show and not the toy show” just before asking “can we watch Home Alone again?”, which we duly did. A much better use of the time!

• Advertisement

Nope. He was very disappointed with the toy show and lasted about 15-20 mins before he asked “where are the toys?” and came out with a cracker - “this should be called the book show and not the toy show” just before asking “can we watch Home Alone again?”, which we duly did. A much better use of the time!

I saw the lovely series of inhabitable cardboard toys, one (a rocket) of which he kind of interacted with when with little Adam from Cork, for sale in Dundrum Shopping Centre. Houses and all sorts of structures, would have adored those as a kid myself, and so inexpensive & easy to recycle when finished with. Made a huge lot of sense for many parents this year, yet there was no info as to who produced them or the types of location Santa might be able to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I saw the lovely series of inhabitable cardboard toys, one (a rocket) of which he kind of interacted with when with little Adam from Cork, for sale in Dundrum Shopping Centre. Houses and all sorts of structures, would have adored those as a kid myself, and so inexpensive & easy to recycle when finished with. Made a huge lot of sense for many parents this year, yet there was no info as to who produced them or the types of location Santa might be able to purchase.

I got my nephew the rocket it’s great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"We should award her with

The order of the irish dignity brigade.

I just made that up now"

Tubridy admires the UK Honours System, and want's one here. Of course he does, Todd Andrews, Charlie Haughey and Bertie Ahern would have got a gong, as would Gaybo, Joe Duffy and Tubridy himself.

Feckin' eejit!

The bird on the calendar is a Scotar, a texter informs Tubridy, the purveyor of Scutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

"We should award her with

The order of the irish dignity brigade.

I just made that up now"

Was lauging while making scrambled eggs and heard that, he wanted it to be 'Irish sounding' and that's what he came up with.

Also small hyprocricy KLAXON re leaks of the mother and baby report being devastating for those effected. Then going on to talk about it for 5 more minutes. He seemed to be under the impression that leaks are these unfortunate accidents that just occur sometimes?

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Was lauging while making scrambled eggs and heard that, he wanted it to be 'Irish sounding' and that's what he came up with.

Also small hyprocricy KLAXON re leaks of the mother and baby report being devastating for those effected. Then going on to talk about it for 5 more minutes. He seemed to be under the impression that leaks are these unfortunate accidents that just occur sometimes?

What jumped out at me was he criticises the person who leaked the report, but understands why the journalist decided to run with the story.

How long before Tubridy asks if the kids are readers?

Tubs utterly flabbergasted that someone would work a 12.5 hour shift. That’s more than a week’s work in RTÉ, or a fortnight in Joe Duffyland.

Talk about out of touch, Tubs asks a nurse who is homeschooling “where do you go for lunch?”

• Advertisement

How long before Tubridy asks if the kids are readers?

I’m just waiting for him to avoid the mother for giving the autistic child a tablet instead of a book.

"Tell the boys that The Toyman says hello"

He's at it again.

Tell your boys “the ToyMan says hello”

What a twat, never misses a chance for self-promotion. Completely inappropriate given the call.

What jumped out at me was he criticises the person who leaked the report, but understands why the journalist decided to run with the story.

“The person who leaked it should go for a long walk in the hills and consider what they’ve done, and their lack of kindness”.

Ffs.:rolleyes:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

It was a weird this morning when he was laughing at the idea that people ate puffins during the famine.

His usual fake mourning over the famine went out the window as he laughed manically at his joke that people had to eat Kentucky Fried Puffin.

It's like someone who forgets their own lies and then totally contradicts themselves.

It was a weird this morning when he was laughing at the idea that people ate puffins during the famine.

His usual fake mourning over the famine went out the window as he laughed manically at his joke that people had to eat Kentucky Fried Puffin.

It's like someone who forgets their own lies and then totally contradicts themselves.

One of the traditional delicacies of the Faeroe Islands is Puffin Stuffed with Raisins. First came across this in an old book on the islands which I read from my library. Didn't exactly get tasting that when I made a trip there in 1980s, but got something that seemed like dog stew & dried fish like paper.

https://macaronic-john.blogspot.com/2016/06/magnus-nilsson-puffins-stuffed-with-cake.html

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

I never heard of anyone so delighted to hear that an animal got covid or that covid will overshadow the findings of the commission.

Pure evil.

"If you put him in an armani suit... but he didn't have one. He was a homeless man."
    They're not barbies ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

I think he had an idea that he'd do an impersonation there and he's so gutless that he chickened out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Seargent Toyman of the Irish Dignity Brigade wants to be at the top of the queue for the vaccine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement