Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) - Part 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Danick wrote: »
    Sorry slow on the uptake there - can you let me know where I can avail of that deal - have an xbox one since launch but with three small kids it has been hard to find time to use it but I seem to have more free time these days and I liked Game Pass when I used it during lock down

You can see a detailed description of how to upgrade Live to Game Pass Ultimate here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

You guys are the best! I'm good til the start of May!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

maximoose wrote: »
    This is still an option, added another year onto my sub for €60

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld37378-ea-access-12-month-subscription-p180020/?affiliate_source=aw&awc=2943_1606650577_6d16a5fb7c67c9d9ca2b0c38e76e0c3d

Converts to 4 months of GPU, €5 a month

Have about 9 months left on my gpu, would this be a better option that waiting till then hoping some places still have gold to do the 3 year conversion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Is this still available? I don't see the offer to upgrade for €1 anywhere

unklerosco wrote: »
    Is this still available? I don't see the offer to upgrade for €1 anywhere

Actually, I can see the offer but when I click on it it chsnges to full price... Anyone any idea why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

unklerosco wrote: »
    Actually, I can see the offer but when I click on it it chsnges to full price... Anyone any idea why?

Have you previously used the offer? It can only be used once.

You can still load gold and convert, you will need to pay for a full month of GPU though.

Have you previously used the offer? It can only be used once.

You can still load gold and convert, you will need to pay for a full month of GPU though.

Yep, looks like I've used it already. Worked out if I pay full price for 1 month it applies to my live sub. Sorted till Dec 2023 now... Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I was going to try and use that offer as I haven't done so before, I loaded 2 years sub onto my account but it won't let me load a 3rd year of gold. My previous subscription to gold had expired, anyone know why I can't load a 3rd subscription? Thanks.

ShaunC wrote: »
    I was going to try and use that offer as I haven't done so before, I loaded 2 years sub onto my account but it won't let me load a 3rd year of gold. My previous subscription to gold had expired, anyone know why I can't load a 3rd subscription? Thanks.

If you leave the auto renew turned on when you load your annual subs I believe it won't let you add a third year.
    I nearly made this mistake as its not that noticible that the box is checked

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yes, you can only load on three years worth of gold, so by leaving the auto renew on, it added an extra two months. If you wait a couple of months, then you'll be able to load on your final code. Of course, that means you won't have game pass ultimate for those two months.

You can also give MS a call, explain that you have another code and would like to load that on. They might be able to help you by removing those two free months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I never had gamepass.. and my gold just expired... so i can buy 3 x 12 monthgold subscriptions from cdkeys.. do 1month of ultimate and have 3 years automatically ???

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I never had gamepass.. and my gold just expired... so i can buy 3 x 12 monthgold subscriptions from cdkeys.. do 1month of ultimate and have 3 years automatically ???

That will probably put you over the 36 month sub limit.

What I usually advise is getting 30 months of Gold and abusing the free month for toggling auto renew to bring it up to 33. Then abusing the auto renew toggle once more when converting to GPU to get 35 months of GPU.

I presume this offer won't last forever so I might just bite the bullet and get the 24 months worth of ultimate instead of waiting 2 months to add another year:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

I have the 3 month offer at the moment for €1. Do I need to wait for this to expire before loading the gold memberships?

Akesh wrote: »
    I have the 3 month offer at the moment for €1. Do I need to wait for this to expire before loading the gold memberships?

If you currently have an active GPU subscription you need to wait for it to expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War (cross gen) is ‘reduced mm to €59.99 on the Xbox store.

Anyone seen it cheaper anywhere else?

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yes, you can only load on three years worth of gold, so by leaving the auto renew on, it added an extra two months. If you wait a couple of months, then you'll be able to load on your final code. Of course, that means you won't have game pass ultimate for those two months.

You can also give MS a call, explain that you have another code and would like to load that on. They might be able to help you by removing those two free months.

I got a 6 month gold and added that to my 24 months, I left auto renew on then upgraded to ultimate (3 months for €1) and now have 36 months of ultimate. Nice:D
    Thanks again CatInaBox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Is this 1-1 conversion from gold to ultimate still available ... ?
    Think I'll go for 2x12 + 6 + toggle auto renew + ultimate.
    I've used ultimate before (all subs expired) - so that'll cost me about 12 quid for the ultimate part (vs 1 euro).

Also, does it matter if I get the 1 month ultimate code from e.g. cdkeys or must I purchase that directly from microsoft ?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Appreciate the heads up folks - Very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Has anybody seen anywhere selling the Modern Warfare for a decent price? It still seems to be a minimum of 60 quid anywhere I've spotted it

• Advertisement

Has anybody seen anywhere selling the Modern Warfare for a decent price? It still seems to be a minimum of 60 quid anywhere I've spotted it

Modern Warfare from 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Basil3 wrote: »
    Modern Warfare from 2019?

Yeah, should have mentioned that in my post!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Hi guys, my bro is going to get an xbox. He wants the same as me, One S. Is there any deals going anywhere?
    Also, if he got the series S, would he be able to play online with me on certain games.
    Any One S I can find are same price as series S

Hi guys, my bro is going to get an xbox. He wants the same as me, One S. Is there any deals going anywhere?
    Also, if he got the series S, would he be able to play online with me on certain games.
    Any One S I can find are same price as series S

You can play together between a Series S and a One S. You'd be able to share GPU and your game library too if you log in and set his console as your primary.

There is 0 point in getting a One S, the Series S is the same price and there are plenty of 2nd hand One X consoles around for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

Don't buy One S for your bro and sell yours too. I have watched plenty of graphics/frame rate comparisons on YT and One S is just low res garbage. Upgrade to Series S €300 or used One X €280 from CEX as Microsoft discontinued One X. Series X is the best Xbox at the moment, but it's still hard to buy for retail price.
    Destiny 2 screenshot comparing One S and Series S
    https://ibb.co/DrQKbL8

Yes, MS seems to be keeping the One S around solely for suckers who don't know any better. Maybe they'll significantly drop the price soon so that there's a dirt cheap option, but if you're buying new, then the Series S is superior in every way for about the same price. Resolution is actually one of the lesser reasons for getting it though, while it's definitely better than the One S on that front, the user experience of reduced load times and framerate are the main draw in my opinion.

Someone on a Series S will be playing in a game before the One S has finished booting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Thanks lads,
    Just to be more clear, I plan on keeping my one S for the time being. I will tell him to get the series X so. The fact we can play together until I'm ready to upgrade is great. He's not a big gamer but took a liking to it whilst over here one night. I seen the Series X for 299 so I'll probably tell him to go for that, can't recall where I seen it now though :)
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

I've the One S, had been a few years away from gaming and wasn't sure if I'd get value out of it when I was buying it. I'll upgrade in a few months. Playing Dead before daylight with friends on Series X and One X, they spend the whole time waiting for me to load up 😅. Get the Series S, at least.

I don't know if it's mentioned here already, but you currently get a free week of GPU with every can of Pringles (along with a chance to win a Series X).

I wouldn't go out of my way to buy Pringles just for this, but I've added an extra month to my GPU just by putting in the code from the Pringles my Mrs has bought in the weekly shop over the last couple of weeks.

I guess if you could find Pringles for around €1, you could add GPU for €4/month.

As far as I can see, you can redeem one Pringles code a day on the Pringles website. I don't know if there's a limit to how many you can redeem through Xbox, but I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

About that Pringles offer. Here is official terms and conditions:
    "ROI only. 18+. To enter, purchase a Pringles can, visit Pringles.com to register and complete challenge between 04.01.21 & 01.05.21. Free 7-Day Xbox Game Pass Ultimate trial available with every can during the Main Promotional Period, max 2 per person. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate trial must be redeemed by 10.08.21. Redeeming automatically upgrades existing membership(s) to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Once upgraded, you cannot re-convert back to previous membership. Plus 17 Xbox Series X consoles available to be won, 1 available per week, max 1 prize per household. Prizes are awarded to entrants who successfully complete the challenge fastest each week. Extended Period: Entries received between 02.05.21 & 02.06.21 will have the chance to win 1 x Xbox Series X and will be awarded to the entrant who successfully completes the challenge fastest. Max 1 entry per day. Internet access required. Retain receipt. For full T&Cs and how to enter visit gaming.pringles.com."

My thoughts are that this is ridiculous. Total 17 consoles to be won? What is this, local crisps factory? That is nothing for Pringles. That "challenge" was a pain in my a**, I wasted 5 min of my life trying to do that and gave up. That much hassle for 7 day trial is not worth it. Good luck winning Xbox :P

Advertisement