Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) - Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

tusk wrote: »
    Follow this process...

Get the 12 and 6 months from a place like cdkeys or something.
    You can, but the more Gold you stack the more you save. You can stack upto 36 months of subs.

To maximize it buy 30 months of Gold(2 x 12 month, 1 x 6 month), enter one code and turn on auto renew for a free month when prompted. Turn off auto renew and enter the next code, you'll be offered a free month to turn on auto renew again, repeat for 3rd code.

This will give you 33 months of Gold, now turn off auto renew once again and use the 1 month Game Pass Ultimate for €1 offer and once again turn on auto renew when prompted for a free month.

This will leave you with 35 months of GPU for ~€116 instead of costing ~€450.

Will this work for full-price GPU? The €1 sub I got for my son finished this month, so I got 24 months of Live (it wouldn't let me add a third 12-month code - luckily CDKeys refunded me), but don't have any Game Pass sub at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

iniall wrote: »
    Will this work for full-price GPU? The €1 sub I got for my son finished this month, so I got 24 months of Live (it wouldn't let me add a third 12-month code - luckily CDKeys refunded me), but don't have any Game Pass sub at the moment.

It will, you'll just have to pay the full price for 1 month of GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

From what I remember it looked like it was only for first time gpu subscribers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The €1 offer is only for new subscribers, but you can just buy 1 month for full price, €12 euro or so, and get the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Was there no Game Pass offers for Black Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

manual_man wrote: »

Not a bean fella.

Maybe cyber week next week.

Camelcamelcamel says they had 3 months gamepass for 16 quid for a day last year. Might be UK though

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

Yeah the €1 offer doesn't work the second time, but paying €12.99 converted my 24 months of Live to 27 months of Game Pass Ultimate, so I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

This is still an option, added another year onto my sub for €60

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld37378-ea-access-12-month-subscription-p180020/?affiliate_source=aw&awc=2943_1606650577_6d16a5fb7c67c9d9ca2b0c38e76e0c3d

Converts to 4 months of GPU, €5 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

maximoose wrote: »
    This is still an option, added another year onto my sub for €60

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld37378-ea-access-12-month-subscription-p180020/?affiliate_source=aw&awc=2943_1606650577_6d16a5fb7c67c9d9ca2b0c38e76e0c3d

Converts to 4 months of GPU, €5 a month
    How does that work? Buying EA access membership converts to full game pass ultimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not sure that works any more. I thought that was only before the EA games were introduced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

Crikey, Sniper Elite 4 Digital Deluxe Edition is available for €20 on Microsoft store... It's the full whack which includes all DLCs which is extra Maps Skins and Weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

How does that work? Buying EA access membership converts to full game pass ultimate?

If you already have a GPU sub, a 12 month EA Access code converts into an additional 4 months GPU
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Not sure that works any more. I thought that was only before the EA games were introduced

Worked for me on Nov 20th, games went live on the 10th I think?

Edit: Just checked and still working!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

ignore this post

Faker74 wrote: »
    Red Dead Online (which includes Red Dead Redemption 2) is currently only a fiver.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/red-dead-online/9N3L5FF8M6SW?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I'm sure most have played already, but that is a bargain if anyone hasn't.

It doesn't. They've separated out the game into Story and Online. While it includes RDR2 it is only to run the game. If you buy that you will need the below item for the campaign.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/red-dead-redemption-2-story-mode/9nnpt0nzx54b?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7794_1246483

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

It doesn't. They've separated out the game into Story and Online. While it includes RDR2 it is only to run the game. If you buy that you will need the below item for the campaign.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/red-dead-redemption-2-story-mode/9nnpt0nzx54b?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7794_1246483

Well balls.

I'll remove my original posting in case others are as dumb as me

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Any decent prices for Cyberpunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Smyth's have fiver off if you preorder.

Gamestop had a bundle with a new console offer (40 euro) but with the games delay I was informed thats no longer valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

Gamivo have the Argentinian one for €40, use the code AKS-PREORDER to get it down a little more too. I have bought a few Argentinian games from them, you need to use a VPN to activate the code on xbox.com but after that it's no different to any other and you can download it from the Irish store on your console.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

dor83 wrote: »
    Gamivo have the Argentinian one for €40, use the code AKS-PREORDER to get it down a little more too. I have bought a few Argentinian games from them, you need to use a VPN to activate the code on xbox.com but after that it's no different to any other and you can download it from the Irish store on your console.

And how does future DLc work ? is it effected?

And how does future DLc work ? is it effected?

I think it all just works, I bought the US version of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and then got one bit of DLC from the Irish store and had no problem so I'd imagine it's the same. I don't buy a lot of DLC myself so that's the only time I've tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

dor83 wrote: »

Have given it a go. Would it be normal to have you wait until release day to actually be sent the code?

Have given it a go. Would it be normal to have you wait until release day to actually be sent the code?

I've not gotten pre-orders from them before but I did from another site and they said the code would be sent around 24 hours before launch so I think it's normal.

EDIT: You can install the game from the app without paying for it, it'll mean you can just activate the code online and start playing without having to wait for it to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Demios wrote: »
    Smyth's have fiver off if you preorder.

Gamestop had a bundle with a new console offer (40 euro) but with the games delay I was informed thats no longer valid.

Fiver off if you collect in store, otherwise €60 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Any decent prices on game pass? I waited for the 3 months offer but it wouldn't allow me avail of it - I guess it is because I used the 1 month for a euro during the firs lockdown. Thanks

Danick wrote: »
    Any decent prices on game pass? I waited for the 3 months offer but it wouldn't allow me avail of it - I guess it is because I used the 1 month for a euro during the firs lockdown. Thanks

A few different places where you can buy EA Play for €20 for a year, which converts to 4 months GPU. I extended my GPU a bit with this.

Basil3 wrote: »
    A few different places where you can buy EA Play for €20 for a year, which converts to 4 months GPU. I extended my GPU a bit with this.

Thanks but I'm really after Game Pass

Danick wrote: »
    Thanks but I'm really after Game Pass

I just told you how to get a cheap deal on Game Pass if you're not eligible for any of the upgrade offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Is it still possible to convert Live into GamePass?

Synode wrote: »
    Is it still possible to convert Live into GamePass?

It is, even if you've used the upgrade offer. You need to let your GPU expire to restack it.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    I just told you how to get a cheap deal on Game Pass if you're not eligible for any of the upgrade offers.

Sorry slow on the uptake there - can you let me know where I can avail of that deal - have an xbox one since launch but with three small kids it has been hard to find time to use it but I seem to have more free time these days and I liked Game Pass when I used it during lock down

Advertisement