Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) - Part 2

Comments

OsZa wrote: »
    About that Pringles offer. Here is official terms and conditions:
    "ROI only. 18+. To enter, purchase a Pringles can, visit Pringles.com to register and complete challenge between 04.01.21 & 01.05.21. Free 7-Day Xbox Game Pass Ultimate trial available with every can during the Main Promotional Period, max 2 per person. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate trial must be redeemed by 10.08.21. Redeeming automatically upgrades existing membership(s) to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Once upgraded, you cannot re-convert back to previous membership. Plus 17 Xbox Series X consoles available to be won, 1 available per week, max 1 prize per household. Prizes are awarded to entrants who successfully complete the challenge fastest each week. Extended Period: Entries received between 02.05.21 & 02.06.21 will have the chance to win 1 x Xbox Series X and will be awarded to the entrant who successfully completes the challenge fastest. Max 1 entry per day. Internet access required. Retain receipt. For full T&Cs and how to enter visit gaming.pringles.com."

My thoughts are that this is ridiculous. Total 17 consoles to be won? What is this, local crisps factory? That is nothing for Pringles. That "challenge" was a pain in my a**, I wasted 5 min of my life trying to do that and gave up. That much hassle for 7 day trial is not worth it. Good luck winning Xbox :P

The second time I did the puzzle I just clicked around loads and everything fell into place. I reckon it was about 10 seconds :D

Just imagine if you won the Series X, and then they asked you to produce the receipt for the Pringles in order to validate the prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

OsZa wrote: »
    Destiny 2 screenshot comparing One S and Series S
    https://ibb.co/DrQKbL8

Don't actually know what game that is (Fortnite or something maybe based on the grass texture?), but it's definitely not Destiny 2 anyway! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

dar83 wrote: »
    Don't actually know what game that is (Fortnite or something maybe based on the grass texture?), but it's definitely not Destiny 2 anyway! :p

From the three players, I'd guess Apex Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dar83 wrote: »

Good comparison on Digital Foundry.

TLDR: They used the quality settings from the One X version and upped the frame rate to 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jodome

Sort of a reverse bargain alert / #brexit nuisance

I ordered a new controller for my Series X off the Microsoft website and sat back to wait. UPS pushed the delivery due date back a day and it arrived today. With a bill for an extra 40/EUR in taxes because, even though I ordered on Microsoft's Ireland site, they were shipping from the UK. Refused the delivery and called Microsoft (1800 71 0200 in case anyone finds themselves in a similar spot). They are aware of the issue and for the moment don't recommend placing a new order. They'll look to issue a refund once the item is returned to them by UPS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

jodome wrote: »

I ordered a new controller for my Series X off the Microsoft website and sat back to wait. UPS pushed the delivery due date back a day and it arrived today. With a bill for an extra 40/EUR in taxes because, even though I ordered on Microsoft's Ireland site, they were shipping from the UK. Refused the delivery and called Microsoft (1800 71 0200 in case anyone finds themselves in a similar spot). They are aware of the issue and for the moment don't recommend placing a new order. They'll look to issue a refund once the item is returned to them by UPS.

Nasty - so your 60 quid controller becomes 100 quid. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Good comparison on Digital Foundry.

TLDR: They used the quality settings from the One X version and upped the frame rate to 60.

I've played it on all three options (One, One X and Series X) and the quality of life improvement the series X versions brings with the loading times alone is worth it! 60fps is also very much welcome for sure but would have been happy with that and lower fidelity on the last Gen, if it was ever offered.

The only first world problem that exists now is when you have a last gen loser in your fire team and you're hamstrung by them for loading times. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

jodome wrote: »

I ordered a new controller for my Series X off the Microsoft website...

I saw last week people with similar issues ordering from MS, in particular one person who ordered last year but arrived this year with a bill.

When you go through the order online the site tells you that VAT is included, but no VAT is displayed. I've ordered a bit of IT equipment with them last year and went to the point of ordering the same things for comparison purposes and the order worked out more expansive and they doesn't even include the additional fees demanded by UPS upon delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

My bad, that is Apex Legends on screenshots, but point is graphics is much better on Series S than old Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

Anyone know if you can add more months of gpu while already having over 2 years on your xbox account already?. Ie adding another 3 months will it extend current expiry!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know if you can add more months of gpu while already having over 2 years on your xbox account already?. Ie adding another 3 months will it extend current expiry!

If it's a 3 month GPU sub it should yeah, if it's a 3 month XBL or regular Game pass sub it will extend it too but by less than 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I think the cheapest way to top up is by adding EA Play. CDkeys have 12 month subs for £20 which I believe equates to 4 months GPU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

theteal wrote: »
    I think the cheapest way to top up is by adding EA Play. CDkeys have 12 month subs for £20 which I believe equates to 4 months GPU

My GPU is up in about 6 months, I'm wondering if the best way for me to go is buying 3 years EA Play now, which'll give me a years GPU for €65ish

My GPU is up in about 6 months, I'm wondering if the best way for me to go is buying 3 years EA Play now, which'll give me a years GPU for €65ish

I bought a year's worth of GPU via 3 x EA Play subs for €60 back in September, when I still had a bit over a year of GPU left.

I thought it was a bit risky waiting to see if the upgrade offer is still available down the line.

Yeah it's a weird time and I'm not sure what I'd do tbh. I note that 12 month Gold subs are now £42 on CDkeys, that nearly double what I paid back in April/May. Have they killed off the 12 month subs, is the price going up because of availability?

theteal wrote: »
    Yeah it's a weird time and I'm not sure what I'd do tbh. I note that 12 month Gold subs are now £42 on CDkeys, that nearly double what I paid back in April/May. Have they killed off the 12 month subs, is the price going up because of availability?

That's the normal price of an EU 12 month sub there.

If you got it for half that it was likely a Brazilian key, which you noe have to click to unhide on Cdkeys.

That's the normal price of an EU 12 month sub there.

If you got it for half that it was likely a Brazilian key, which you noe have to click to unhide on Cdkeys.

Yup, I do like the occasional trip to Brazil but I thought the UK subs were closer to £30 than £40.

Also thanks, I did notice that there were a lot less options available than previously - I'm not in the market currently so didn't give it much thought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Buying EA play gives you gamepass?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Buying EA play gives you gamepass?

If you have or upgrade to GPU 12 months of EA Play converts to 4 months of GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep - did that back in November as well and added another 16 months onto my Sub

Can still buy them here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

Is there much work involved in converting EA Play to GPU or is it automatic?

I'm pretty well stocked up on GPU but might be worth topping up.

themighty wrote: »
    Is there much work involved in covering EA Play to GPU or is it automatic?

I'm pretty well stocked up on GPU but might be worth topping up.

If you have GPU it's automatic. If you don't, subscribe to GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

Great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I am looking for a rechargeable pack for the Xbox series x controller...should I just stick with the official one (which appears to be sold out everywhere) or is there a good alternative.

Any help/links etc. is appreciated.

Vudgie wrote: »
    I am looking for a rechargeable pack for the Xbox series x controller...should I just stick with the official one (which appears to be sold out everywhere) or is there a good alternative.

Buy a bunch of rechargeable AA's and a charger. By far the best solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

It's in stock with Littlewoods. I ordered last week, still no sign of it yet, but it is coming from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Basil3 wrote: »
    Buy a bunch of rechargeable AA's and a charger. By far the best solution.

Thanks....stupid question but does the Xbox option work plugged in or is the wire just used for charging the battery.

Thanks....stupid question but does the Xbox option work plugged in or is the wire just used for charging the battery.

The controller will work if connected directly to the console via usb cable without batteries. You get lower latency too in wired mode, though the current latency in wireless controllers isn't a big issue outside of fighting games anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Original Xbox controller seems to have bricked while doing an update, won't turn on at all. Not detected on PC :( Where is the best place to pick up a replacement, they all seem to be about 65 euro, is that about right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Original Xbox controller seems to have bricked while doing an update, won't turn on at all. Not detected on PC :( Where is the best place to pick up a replacement, they all seem to be about 65 euro, is that about right?

60 euro on the official MS Store.

Advertisement