Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2020 U.S. Election Irregularities.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,312 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Anyway, this is actually one of those rare occasions where a conspiracy is confirmed. Trump and other members of the GOP conspired to undermine a democratic election and attempted to get the Georgia Secretary of State to change an election result. I'd also be surprised if he was the only Secretary of State that they targeted.

Finally a conspiracy theory on the election there is actual evidence for. Hallelu-, Hallale-, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,097 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Even if Wednesday becomes theatrical, and, somehow, some way, we end up without a candidate having 270 votes, then, Trump still loses:

In that case,
    The House votes for the President by State Delegation: "a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice." - at least 17 Democratic States simply leave the chamber, and the vote never happens.
    The Senate votes for the Vice President: "a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice." Almost half the chamber, Democrats, simply leave the chamber, and the vote never happens.
    The stalemate continues to noon on January 20th. Cue Amendment XX, which cues 3 US Code § 19; tl;dr - that makes Speaker Pelosi resign her seat and become the President. Though, realistically, the Senate vote would go to Harris, easily, with just a couple blue-collar Republican Senators (and even easier if the Runoff on Wednesday gives the Democrats the seats needed for a majority).

Even if you believe all the conspiracies are true, and that Congress can null and void the general election for the President, then, Trump still loses.

Overheal wrote: »
    Even if Wednesday becomes theatrical, and, somehow, some way, we end up without a candidate having 270 votes, then, Trump still loses:

In that case,
    The House votes for the President by State Delegation: "a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice." - at least 17 Democratic States simply leave the chamber, and the vote never happens.
    The Senate votes for the Vice President: "a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice." Almost half the chamber, Democrats, simply leave the chamber, and the vote never happens.
    The stalemate continues to noon on January 20th. Cue Amendment XX, which cues 3 US Code § 19; tl;dr - that makes Speaker Pelosi resign her seat and become the President. Though, realistically, the Senate vote would go to Harris, easily, with just a couple blue-collar Republican Senators (and even easier if the Runoff on Wednesday gives the Democrats the seats needed for a majority).

Even if you believe all the conspiracies are true, and that Congress can null and void the general election for the President, then, Trump still loses.

so what you are saying, and I hope I am understanding you correctly, is that Trump is a loser? Do I have that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Fact-check board from Georgia secretary of state

cpyz2u6mhd961.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn_9fQRiK9Q

Here's a good break down of the specifics of the laws that Trump might have broken.

TLDW: There's a lot he might have broken, but it comes down to whether or not he was intentionally doing them via implication of threats and rewards or if he was dumb, didn't realise what he was doing and genuinely believes all the false things he's claiming.
    Either way, his behavior is impeachable. Again.

In the video it's pointed out that Trump claims he won every single state. So I think he might be in the crazy true believer catagory.

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn_9fQRiK9Q

Here's a good break down of the specifics of the laws that Trump might have broken.

TLDW: There's a lot he might have broken, but it comes down to whether or not he was intentionally doing them via implication of threats and rewards or if he was dumb, didn't realise what he was doing and genuinely believes all the false things he's claiming.
    Either way, his behavior is impeachable. Again.

In the video it's pointed out that Trump claims he won every single state. So I think he might be in the crazy true believer catagory.

Good thread on the part in bold for those interested. His behaviour is not just impeachable it is indictable.
    https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1345958947090550786

• Registered Users Posts: 82,097 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Good thread on the part in bold for those interested. His behaviour is not just impeachable it is indictable.
    https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1345958947090550786

Trump: "Well, I don’t want to know who it is. You guys can do it very confidentially. You can sign a confidentiality agreement. That’s okay. I don’t need to know names."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Well, this is it. 5 minutes until we get to see either one of the most dramatic moments in American history or if it was all a load of bollocks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKy84YmL-sU

^^^^ watched a bit. Better YouTube to watch out there Tonite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

enno99 wrote: »

LOL

https://twitter.com/RealMattCouch/status/1346923121220190208

Prayers for the woman that was shot in capital building hope she survives

LOL

Glad you find it all amusing one person already fighting for their life

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If you were so concerned you wouldn't have posted the idiotic tweet first.

perhaps dont mix your faux concern with idiotic tweets.

Yes, all because of Antifa, and not the members of an online idiocracy cult that have been waiting for their enemies to be executed for the last three years.

So the conspiracy is that all of these people storming the Capital are all fake Trump supporters.

Enno, get a grip man. That's a desperately silly notion.

King Mob wrote: »
    So the conspiracy is that all of these people storming the Capital are all fake Trump supporters.

Enno, get a grip man. That's a desperately silly notion.

You have to appreciate the consistency.

• Advertisement

You have to appreciate the consistency.
    I dunno. The idea feels like a new low in desperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Prayers for the woman that was shot in capital building hope she survives

Is it known if that woman was of color?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

News breaking that she has died, was one of the first group to storm the building and was shot by police.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

This is not the time or place to make 'wisecrack' one-liners about someone reportedly dying.

Posts deleted.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

• Subscribers Posts: 41,280 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

We are seeing in America right now the damage that conspiracy theories can do.

I think some posters need to be mindful of this when they put something out onto the Web which they claim as truth without knowing for real..... Or even something as simple as passing the lie on....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

sydthebeat wrote: »
    We are seeing in America right now the damage that conspiracy theories can do.

I think some posters need to be mindful of this when they put something out onto the Web which they claim as truth without knowing for real..... Or even something as simple as passing the lie on....

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Are you serious?? :confused:

Do americans read boards?

Your 'truths' are ok though ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Are you serious?? :confused:

Do americans read boards?

Your 'truths' are ok though ?

I didnt realise boards was the sole source of conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I didnt realise boards was the sole source of conspiracy theories.

No,
    But Syd intimated in his post that "conspiracy theorists" should be careful what they post on the net , that he meant on Boards??!
    Why else would he post it on Boards ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    No,
    But Syd intimated in his post that "conspiracy theorists" should be careful what they post on the net , that he meant on Boards??!
    Why else would he post it on Boards ?

"on the net" is a general term. I have no idea why you thought they meant boards specifically.

Advertisement