Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I'd shop local if most stuff wasn't overpriced.
    Address that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

AMERICA!

Oh no, they violated *Nancy's office!

*The most horrible and unpopular politician in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Idiotic ramblings.

• Advertisement

I think Tubridy's (not just him) stupidness about America is because his go to is CNN .
    Applies to every other news channel except The Hill's Rising IMO

People are crying out for news that just reports - keep partisan analysis seperate

THAT!

“RTÉ shows are amazing!” says RTÉ lifer.

Another THAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,737 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How does the state broadcaster allow these promotions of business?

• Advertisement

A request for FREE slippers.

Fake laughing.

More empty promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

"please be bright" says Ryan any time he sees an Irish person abroad on TV (referring to Donie O'Sullivan on CNN last night). What the hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think it is really irresponsible of Tubridy to continue with this line that the vaccine is the panacea. Even the Government medical experts say that this is not the case. I thought that RTE were carrying out a campaign against misinformation, why don't they start with their own employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Tears at 9:19

Birdwatch calendar.
    Ooh, unsolicited says the contracted state employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

While his whole repetitive speel is utter nonsense, at least it's entertaining (for a while). I couldn't listen to a full hour of it.

Mr Velo wrote: »
    "please be bright" says Ryan any time he sees an Irish person abroad on TV (referring to Donie O'Sullivan on CNN last night). What the hell.

The inference being “bright and intellectual, and a fan of books, like me”.

She wasn’t joking Bryan.

• Advertisement

Reading out messages of praise for himself, “the team”, and the show. Totes humblebragging.

I’m out. “Enjoy” the rest of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Heard a bit in the kitchen earlier. Did he specificaly say that the birdwatchers ireland calander was unsolicited? Just as an aside I would actually really like that calander, but its unlikely one will just land on my desk unsolicited, I'll have to put forth some effort to find it and then buy it myself.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Heard a bit in the kitchen earlier. Did he specificaly say that the birdwatchers ireland calander was unsolicited? Just as an aside I would actually really like that calander, but its unlikely one will just land on my desk unsolicited, I'll have to put forth some effort to find it and then buy it myself.

He did.

I’m out. “Enjoy” the rest of the show.

Just as an actual interesting item is on! (Ghislaine Maxwell + her daddy)
    Mind you, it's RT asking the questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Tell us more about your love of Martin McGuinness, John :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Reading out messages of praise for himself, “the team”, and the show. Totes humblebragging.

One of his favourite ways to spend the show.

Reminds me of the programme following the Toy Show - he spent a good portion of the show reading out an entire article, word for word, praising his performance and saying how funny and relatable he was because he cursed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Mr Velo wrote: »

Its post colonial cringe. He views, as the Brits did, the irish as fools. Which of course explains why he loves himself, and in particular JFK so much. A cut above the normal riff raff and peasantry. In his mind an interest in books, barely past the superficial as is his own case, means he is, in his mind, far above the bog dweller. God forbid a bog dweller is allowed on foreign TV, only people like Tubridy should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

This is one of those occasions when both the interviewer and the interviewee are making an interesting item sound boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Its post colonial cringe. He views, as the Brits did, the irish as fools. Which of course explains why he loves himself, and in particular JFK so much. A cut above the normal riff raff and peasantry. In his mind an interest in books, barely past the superficial as is his own case, means he is, in his mind, far above the bog dweller. God forbid a bog dweller is allowed on foreign TV, only people like Tubridy should be.

Good point.

Tubridy sees himself as a modern day Henry Kelly, which is flattering to neither.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement