Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I come too

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

bluewolf wrote: »
    The ones that aren't for dumbells are over 40 or 50 quid as well for a pair. Strength shop ones are Ok but then shipping brings it up
    I'll think about it anyway I suppose I'm OK for the mo

Are you looking for Olympic fractional plates or the 1”?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Are you looking for Olympic fractional plates or the 1”?

2" ones to throw on the barbell. 1.25kg x2 maybe

2" ones to throw on the barbell. 1.25kg x2 maybe

They’re not that expensive on eBay. The pic below also has the option to buy a full set for 60

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Thanks dtp I'll take a proper look though i don't think they ship to ireland

prog w2d5 29 11

OHP (Seated or Z Press if height an issue) 4x8 7 RPE
    Barbell: 7
    Switching to 7.5kg dbs: 10, 9, 9

Push-Ups * MyoReps 15 - 20
    Knees down for the first set
    So: 18
    4 reps, # sets at 1/2 height (did 12 last wk at various levels) : xxxxxx
    Useless today

Seated band face pulls 3x15 - 20 9 RPE
    Purple+black band: xxx

DB or Band Curls 3x 2/fail 10 - 20
    7.5kgx2 as strict as poss:
    11, 8, 10

Bent Over Lateral Raise 3x15 - 20 9 RPE
    2kg plates:12, 10, 10

They do, as I’ve bought from them. I use parcel motel though so maybe they think I’m English

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    They do, as I’ve bought from them. I use parcel motel though so maybe they think I’m English

What?

You're not English?

Prog w3d1 01 12

Squat
    1x1 6 RPE 90kg grand
    5x5 7 RPE 80kg xxxxx

Bench
    4x8 6 RPE 40 or 44kg
    40kg xxxx

Horiz Row of choice
    3x3/fail bent over rows
    20kg bar x 12, 12, 10

Tough today am tired anyway and then i was focusing hard on bracing everything and form so the squats went slowly. They looked good i think though. Good depth and heels behaved. Yuss

PSA: do not, I repeat, do NOT drink a hot chocolate shortly before deadlifting
    Spent most of the session trying not to throw it back up every time i braced. I wish that was a joke
    Lol

Prog w3d2 02 12

Deadlift 14x1 7 RPE
    120kg xxx xxx xxx xx xxx

Tempo Bench @310 5x3 6 RPE
    40kg or 44kg
    44kg xxxxx
    Prob more like 7 rpe but sure

Tricep Extension 2x3/fail 8 - 15
    15, 12
    Vrt Row of choice3x3/fail 8 - 15
    12, 12, 12

I want a deadlift PR for xmas
    It's hilarious last time I tested i was like fcuk deadlifts and now I'm like deadlifts yeaaaaa
    Prob will barely match my pr if i test now or something

Anyway the 120s were grand I would like next week to be 124-130 though it's 16x1 so we'll see

Surprisingly had doms today after the squats yesterday
    Great arm pump now. Big arms pls

16 sets or 1 set of 16?

16 sets. All singles
    Was moaning about my setup so now I have to practise it

• Advertisement

I had lasagne about an hour before I had to go for a deadlift triple at RPE 8.

I basically became a tube of toothpaste being squeezed except the toothpaste had been replaced by lasagne.

It was nice but I hadn't wanted to taste it again.

got through a few high bar squats and sad pushups - i'll try again tomorrow. headcold. at least i dont have to worry about going to the gym:cool:

Too much sudafed last week, too much work this week
    Deadlift singles up to 136kg today just to get moving
    Would be much easier if I wasn't introducing some stupid forward roll on the bar at the start. But it was grand anyway
    Champagne time!

Prog w4d1 19 12

Squat
    1x1 6 RPE 92kg x grand but still don't like the forward lean
    5x4 7 RPE 80kg xxxx

Bench
    4x8 6 RPE xxxx
    30kg bc i have noodle arms today
    Needs more champagne...

Horiz Row of choice
    3x3/fail bent over rows
    20kg bar x 10, 10, 10

Prog w4d2 22 12

Deadlift 16x1 7 RPE
    Focus on no roll forward
    126kg x
    Gone back down to 110kg
    110kg x about 10 reps
    Really high gravity day :(

42kg xxxxx

Must do these later/tmrw:
    Tricep Extension 2x3/fail 8 - 15
    15, 12
    Vrt Row of choice3x3/fail 8 - 15
    12, 12, 12

Heading home tomorrow so I'll get a session done in the morning. Probably back Sunday might pick it up again then also.
    Been mad busy with work but catching up now that I'm on hols til Jan. Need to keep up the walks as I have a ton of kgs to lose at this stage. Thanks lockdowns. Have a potential spinning bike purchase under consideration

Prog w4d3 24 12

High Bar Squat
    4x2/fail 6 - 8 70kg
    5, 6, 6, 6
    Harder than should be

Push-Ups 3x 3/fail 6 - 12
    Knees down
    10, 9, 10

Changed accessories to:
    Banded tris 10, 10, 10
    Banded lats 10, 10,10

Merry Xmas all

Happy Christmas, bluewolf

Back home back to action

Non prog 30 12

Squat
    84kg nice
    92kg x1 v nice, happiest with this, super depth and form good
    100kg x1 bit of fwd lean but nice
    106kg x1 same as above
    112kg x1 more lean
    116kg x1 very fwd lean but better than the 115kg last year
    Figured out how to sit back more and did it on the 92 but panicked as usual on the heavier weights and went back to leaning on the way down which means more lean on the way up
    If I work on the form there and really drill it at the 92-96kg mark I think I'll make strides as its what's holding me back on the PRs

Backoff doubles
    100kg xx

Bench
    46kg easy
    52kg x
    56kg x ffs stop windmilling elbows
    52kg tempo-ish sets of 3 mostly focusing on elbows: xxx

Also i bought the spin bike ahhh
    Hopefully have it next week

Great to be back up to my normal deadlifts again
    Coach sez my form is a million times better than last time I was up to those squat & deadlift weights too which is awesome

Non prog 31 12

Deadlifts
    126kg x
    134kg x
    140kg ok
    146kg couldn't get it off the floor lols. Really need to eat properly

120kg 4x1 xxxx

Bench ELBOWS
    36kg x
    42kg x
    50kg x
    56kg x
    60kg x fail. Clearly see my elbows swinging back to 90 degrees in the video. Ffs

50kg 4x1 xxxx elbows were absolutely perfect in these. Yaaaas

Lats & tris xxx

Lats & tris xxx

• Advertisement

Non prog 01 01 21

Hb squats
    70kg x 3, 3, 3, 3

Bench pause on chest
    40kg 4x8 xxxx

Rows 7.5kg xx about 10reps
    Flys 7.5kg xx about 10 reps
    Tried another set of a few reps on both at 17.5kg to finish. Flys were half rom

Non prog 05 01
    Squat
    80kg 5x5 xxxxx

Bench
    36kg 4x8 ELBOWS xxxx
    Ys good elbows

Bent Over rows
    Bar 3x15 xxx

Waiting for new prog from coach. Requested squat singles so I can work on form but did the old program again today anyway

Emergency foam rolling as my lower back is in paiiiin - tight muscle kind of pain - too much couch time and not enough foam rolling after heavy lifts. Much better already

Speedy session

Got the RP diet app and my spin bike arrived. Gona up the activity levels as lockdown life is not agreeing with me

Did my Trip class on my new bike and I'm very happy <3

Non prog 06 01

Deadlift 10 x 1 about 110kg EMOM
    Xxxx xxxxx

42kg xxxxx

Tricep Extension (banded) 2x3/fail 8 - 15
    12, 12

Vrt Row of choice(banded Lats) 3x3/fail 8 - 15
    15, 15

Non prog 06 01

Deadlift 10 x 1 about 110kg EMOM
    Xxxx xxxxx

42kg xxxxx

Tricep Extension (banded) 2x3/fail 8 - 15
    12, 12

Vrt Row of choice(banded Lats) 3x3/fail 8 - 15
    15, 15

EMOM?

Every minute on the minute

Though tbh I only did the first half that way. Was OK for time today

Every minute on the minute

Though tbh I only did the first half that way. Was OK for time today

Do you ever get a DTFP warning? :p

Do you ever get a DTFP warning? :p

If that means do the program I am not on a program til next week! Plus he said do EMOM if I wanted :p

If that means do the program I am not on a program til next week! Plus he said do EMOM if I wanted :p

H****y used say..actually it was YNDTFP I think.

• Advertisement

H****y used say..actually it was YNDTFP I think.

Oo I think it might have been ftfp!

Advertisement