Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vaccine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

King Mob wrote: »
    Which is something you are misrepresenting because you constantly do this.

Again, you're failing to show anything but how ridiculous, weak and dishonest the covid denialist position is here.
    Again, misrepresentation, lies and ignorance.

"Most people, given the choice to face a hideous or terrifying truth or to conveniently avoid it, choose the convenience and peace of normality" ― Jim Butcher

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

GT89 wrote: »
    Not the point pubs and restaurants are closed because it is considered risky for public health as they risk spreading covid as people gather. Junk food, alcohol and tobacco are causing cancer so they should be banned too by the logic of closing pubs and preventing gatherings.

So start a campaign, I wouldn't have an issue with that.

We Could also block out the sun because that also causes cancer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    "Most people, given the choice to face a hideous or terrifying truth or to conveniently avoid it, choose the convenience and peace of normality" ― Jim Butcher

I'm a big fan of the Dresden Files.

However, you are the one claiming there's a giant global conspiracy out to get you.
    This is simply a childish fantasy on your part that allows you to pretend to be an expert and a rebel.

aido79 wrote: »
    Why would you look to RTE to research something like that? Remember the part where it's a worldwide thing and most of the world have never heard of or watched Rte?
    I think this would be a better source of information:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.medicalnewstoday.com/amp/articles/how-did-we-develop-a-covid-19-vaccine-so-quickly

I'll even give you a spoiler from the article

"Researchers were not starting from scratch when they learned about SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19."

I dont watch RTE but you'd be surprised how many people tune in daily at 6pm to get their fix of how many cases, deaths & ICU cases we had that day

But they wont give you this crucial information or broadcast an investigative documentary on it

Hence the amount of biased drivel coming from them and the other msm

So start a campaign, I wouldn't have an issue with that.

We Could also block out the sun because that also causes cancer :rolleyes:
    Can't do that. Vitamin D cures the corona virus. Which also doesn't exist? And also doesn't actually kill anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

US2 wrote: »
    The flu is contagious. This day last year we had 600 in hospital and 94 in ICU with flu. Why didn't they impose any restrictions last year ?

I'll try to keep this simple...there seems to be a need for that on here lately.
    Imagine a scenario where you had the same 600 in hospital and 94 in ICU with the flu and then you add to those numbers with patients with a more contagious disease.
    The R0 number for the flu is around 1.3. The R0 number for covid19 is around 2.5. As you people are so insistent on saying that covid19 is just another flu then I'll make a direct comparison. This means there could be 1150 people in hospital with covid19 and 180 in ICU bringing the total to 1750 in hospital and 274 in ICU. That's really simplifying it so figures may be different but you are the one comparing it to the flu.

Do you see why there might be some hesitation around not wanting those kind of numbers in hospitals?

If you get covid and enter a room you risk infecting everyone in that room.

if you have kids, especially in primary school, then they are at risk of infecting everyone in their house when they come home

Do you hug your kids when you see them?
    Do you hug your kids when they go to bed at night?

But we are told not to hug anyone when we meet them?

If the words dont add up, it usually means the truth wasnt included in the equation

Its quite easy to see through the bs if you want
    When you dont you are denying yourself another perspective of the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭kippy

if you have kids, especially in primary school, then they are at risk of infecting everyone in their house when they come home

Do you hug your kids when you see them?
    Do you hug your kids when they go to bed at night?

But we are told not to hug anyone when we meet them?

If the words dont add up, it usually means the truth wasnt included in the equation

Its quite easy to see through the bs if you want
    When you dont you are denying yourself another perspective of the situation

Can you define exactly what the BS is? As simple as possible now - for people like myself.

I dont watch RTE but you'd be surprised how many people tune in daily at 6pm to get their fix of how many cases, deaths & ICU cases we had that day

But they wont give you this crucial information or broadcast an investigative documentary on it

Hence the amount of biased drivel coming from them and the other msm

Seriously why do you keep going on about rte? It really has nothing to do with this. But well done on dodging yet another question.

This is a worldwide thing. Do you think the German and Dutch governments and governments in other countries where there are lockdowns are taking their instructions from mainstream media?

Seriously why do you keep going on about rte? It really has nothing to do with this. But well done on dodging yet another question.

This is a worldwide thing. Do you think the German and Dutch governments and governments in other countries where there are lockdowns are taking their instructions from mainstream media?

No the msm are taking their instructions from governments

• Advertisement

So all governments and all media sources are in on this conspiracy.
    That's ridiculous and childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The flu is contagious. This day last year we had 600 in hospital and 94 in ICU with flu. Why didn't they impose any restrictions last year ?

See the flu has symptoms, the trouble with this pesky Covid is one of the symptoms is no symptoms so we have to assume everyone has it. We've no way to test if anyone actually has it though.

See the flu has symptoms, the trouble with this pesky Covid is one of the symptoms is no symptoms so we have to assume everyone has it. We've no way to test if anyone actually has it though.
    But none of these things is true...

But none of these things is true...

It's all true which one isn't..

So all governments and all media sources are in on this conspiracy.
    That's ridiculous and childish.

Would you concede that they do seem to be all singing from the same hymn sheet though?..

Would you concede that they do seem to be all singing from the same hymn sheet though?..
    Yes. Because they are reporting facts. Reality tends to be consistent like that.

Notice how you conspiracy guys are showing the opposite. You're all claiming different conflicting things.
    Do you believe covid doesn't exist and is actually just the flu?
    Do you believe that all governments and all media outlets are part of the conspiracy?

In every country in the world? How do more people not know this is happening? Where do you suggest people get their news from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

On this week last year. 600+ hospital admissions with flu. 94 in ICU beds

This year no flu atall, 30 in ICU with Covid.

Ridiculous isn't it? You'd think that Influenza was less contagious than COVID, that there was already a vaccine for influenza, and that they were both viruses since restrictions that diminish the effect of one would have a similar effect on the other. Laughable!

Wait...what...?

It's all true which one isn't..
    Covid does have symptoms.
    Most viruses can make people asymptomatic carriers.
    There are tests to confirm people have covid.

The earth isn't flat.

Do you believe that all governments and all media outlets are part of the conspiracy?

Well, flu has seemingly disappeared..
    They are counting all respiratory illness as covid..
    So it's a bit of a grey area..

• Advertisement

Notice how you conspiracy guys are showing the opposite. You're all claiming different conflicting things.

I don't believe your claim Covid has a 1 > 2% kill rate. To get to that figure you need to divide deaths by confirmed cases. When in fact you should be dividing deaths by population.
    The average Irish persons odds of dying from Covid this year were in the reagon of 0.0004%

Well, flu has seemingly disappeared..
    They are counting all respiratory illness as covid..
    So it's a bit of a grey area..
    Cop out of an answer.

Corona virus is not the flu. Claiming otherwise is a simple out and out lie.

Covid does have symptoms.
    Most viruses can make people asymptomatic carriers.

The earth isn't flat.

No it doesn't were told healthy people can spread it so no symptoms are a symptom.
    PCR testing does not confirm if someone has an active Covid infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

GT89 wrote: »
    Did I say the whole outbreak was faked? All I'm doing is questioning throughout the start we have been given timelines with regards to covid whether when will restrictions be eased/implemented

Well, when someone uses a word like Plandemic, they really shouldn't be surprised if others conclude that they are a fellow traveller with conspiracy theorists and discredited "medical" charlatans.

Cop out of an answer.

Corona virus is not the flu. Claiming otherwise is a simple out and out lie.

Have you some issues with reality or something?..

That's what has happened..

In every country in the world? How do more people not know this is happening? Where do you suggest people get their news from?

You'd have to ask everyone who takes msm at face value

When you control the media, you control the people

Tell me this, why hasn't RTE, Irish Times, Independent etc had a 2 sided debate since all this occurred?

Actually, dont bother, I already know

I don't believe your claim Covid has a 1 > 2% kill rate. To get to that figure you need to divide deaths by confirmed cases. When in fact you should be dividing deaths by population.
    Doctors and medical experts disagree with you.
    The average Irish persons odds of dying from Covid this year were in the reagon of 0.0004%
    Source?
    I suspect you are simply making this up out of whole cloth.

Also, the point you are running away from is that the chances of the swine flu giving people narcolepsy is 0.0005%.
    So even if you recent false claim was actually true (it isn't) then you still should believe that narcolepsy is not a danger either.
    Unless you want to argue that that 0.0001% difference is what makes it a concern.

Have you some issues with reality or something?..

That's what has happened..
    No. I understand reality pretty well.
    I'm not the one claiming covid doesn't exist.

You'd have to ask everyone who takes msm at face value

When you control the media, you control the people

Tell me this, why hasn't RTE, Irish Times, Independent etc had a 2 sided debate since all this occurred?

Actually, dont bother, I already know

What do you already know? Please share your wisdom.

• Advertisement

Even Fauci doesnt think that

You should ask for a raise if you out rank him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement