Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Passed by the chip shop earlier and said feck it. Bought a big bag of chips smothered in salt and vinegar. Lashed home and made big sandwiches with Brennan's batch loaf including the heel.

What a way to ruin a bag of chips

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Can't bate the basics!

It's an actual miracle the rest of that loaf of bread survived here until it did but original dinner plan was scrapped and we just had two more slices each with chips, rashers and fried eggs.

It was like travelling back to childhood times on holiday in a caravan and not a word spoken at the table only smiles all around, not even a drink touched until the plates were empty.

That hand cut fresh white bread is awesome.

I banged a chicken crown in the oven. Its resting on the kitchen counter now. More sandwiches with spicy wedges or just crisps. I'll be sneaking in a dollop of coleslaw with mine anyway. Enjoying the beers too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Reported!

:)
    including the heel.

The best part!

Chipper chips on heavily buttered batch bread? Would ya g'way outta that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Spaghetti Bolognese here tonight at the young lads request. Lashings of grated parmesan off the block on top, chilli flakes on top of mine. Beers to follow, thankfully it's finally the weekend!

• Advertisement

I usually browse and post to this forum on my phone, but now on my laptop, I can see how utterly HUGE and detailed my food pics look :/

I'll see if I can resize them in future!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I usually browse and post to this forum on my phone, but now on my laptop, I can see how utterly HUGE and detailed my food pics look :/

I'll see if I can resize them in future!

I view on my laptop most of the time and can see them. I upload via postimages from phone to laptop and it allows you to resize for message boards so people on phones can see them. If thats any help.

I view on my laptop most of the time and can see them. I upload via postimages from phone to laptop and it allows you to resize for message boards so people on phones can see them. If thats any help.

I've been using the "hotlink for forum" option, and then removing the anchor tags.
    I'll try the message boards option, which sounds so obvious that I don't know why I haven't been using it, cheers Grandeeod!

A bacon and sausage sandwich with OJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Patsy167

I banged a chicken crown in the oven.

Ooh, matron! I think I read that sentence all wrong; need to get my head out of the gutter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Reported!

:)

The best part!

lol... Not had chips ie from a chipshop, or ICE CREAM for years, and cannot get either out here...

Had a splendid meal this week though. A Meals on Wheels group is starting sending them over once a week if you want them. Simple food, pork chop, mixed vegetables, creamed potatoes and apple pie and custard.

A real treat to have a full meal cooked for me. Fingers crossed this week is when we get the Christmas dinner as I ate one at a Lunch Club last time I was over, and it was a magnificent meal.

Makes me feel old though - but I am.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭trashcan

A bacon and sausage sandwich with OJ.

Did it not go soggy ? :P

Made a huge paella and stuffed my self with half of it. Other half into the freezer. Followed by some early Christmas cake courtesy of my sister, with a coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Home made chips,1/4 pounder with lettuce cheese onions tomatoes cucumbers red sauce and a portion of curry on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Has my comfort dinner of potato croquettes and Heinz beans with hot sauce. Very filling and tasty. I think beans were invented for hot sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

My beef chop suey with fried rice and noodles has just entered the county of Kerry and with God's holy help it should be here in front of me before 10pm.

It will be annihilated.

Smirnoff and cranberry juice to whet the appetite, and no half measures either. (When the cats away, the mouse becomes a lion.)

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Aldi pulled pork with fried onions and rice.....if a rock from another galaxy finds it way at near the speed of light and survive our atmosphere to find my head and remove me from this earth....I will have lived.

I sense the mouse may be trapped later Rows.😉

Just polished off a tub of sour cream Pringles, opened them Thursday night so I don't feel too bad about it. I'm hungry but I don't know what I want, nothing that needs any effort anyway, might have a sandwich.

Aldi pulled pork with fried onions and rice.....if a rock from another galaxy finds it way at near the speed of light and survive our atmosphere to find my head and remove me from this earth....I will have lived.

Never lose that love and appreciation of great food, it's good for the soul.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

The chinese like the double vodka's has been and gone.

I'm in the good books after plucking turkeys all afternoon and this mass of carbs was much needed and very much enjoyed after a long day and a long hot bath.

Sipping a cold Carlsberg now watching the All Ireland on Sky Plus.

chilled heineken and don,t mention the all ireland :/

• Advertisement

Finishing work at 11 pm and going to have a glass of Merlot or a beer.

bag of tayto salt and vinegar and a bag of dry roasted peanuts mixed in to it,delicious...................................

bassy wrote: »
    chilled heineken and don,t mention the all ireland :/

Hic! I had Lasagne, side salad, coleslaw and chips at half time. Maybe James horan should have fed his team the same.:D

Literally the last sup of beer and bed now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Ratatouille.

Thick randomly sliced large Onion with diced Scallion in a heavily salted tray doused in olive oil and Worcester sauce, diced Courgette and baby seeded green, red and yellow Peppers roughly chopped and sprinkled lightly with ground dried Cajun powder, fresh Anconese beef Tomatoes fluffed and generated with crushed garlic and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Topped with diced celery peppered with a generous handful of smashed cashew nut. Two wintered Bay Leaf.

A platter of cured Spanish meats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

My beef chop suey with fried rice and noodles has just entered the county of Kerry and with God's holy help it should be here in front of me before 10pm.

It will be annihilated.

Smirnoff and cranberry juice to whet the appetite, and no half measures either. (When the cats away, the mouse becomes a lion.)

Sausages, rashers, beans, waffles, fried egg and brown bread. A litre of OJ. Badly needed after a decent feed of beer last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Dinner is cooking and we are just moving on to a second bottle of red.

In the oven is a joint of roast beef, to be accompanied by broccoli, roast parsnips and a carrot and parsnip mash. Roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and a gravy from the beef juices as well.

The smell of the cooking has my stomach rumbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,857 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

VW 1 wrote: »

In the oven is a joint of roast beef, to be accompanied by broccoli, roast parsnips and a carrot and parsnip mash. Roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and a gravy from the beef juices as well.

Your post has my stomach rumbling here too , enjoy :)

VW 1 wrote: »

Something similar here. I put a piece of Eye of the Round in the oven at 2pm. Its coming out at 6pm to rest. The par boiled spuds going in then to roast. Baby boiled spuds and garden peas with gravy to top it off.

Sipping a beer/cure while it all happens.

• Advertisement

Naked Singapore style curry egg noodles. Fine Dining me arse!

Advertisement