Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXX-113,332 ROI(2,282 deaths) 81,251 NI (1,384 deaths) (05/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Wolf359f wrote: »
    That's so wrong and insensitive is insulting even for non HCW's.

Is it true or not, does it justify the delay in the vaccine rollout.

Your blaming the slow vaccine roll out on busy health care workers?
    They administer the vaccine, they don't roll it out ffs!

No I didn't blame them, the original poster did. I said it no excuse if they are saying their busy. Did you actually read the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Northernlily

The two are interlinked and we need to understand that you can't have a rollout that quickly without trained staff who have already had a massively difficult year.

Training should have taken place by now. No excuses.

In the real world training plans are incorporated into BAU to minimise disruption. Busy or not, time should have been allocated towards training given the vital national importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

niallo27 wrote: »

what delay are you imagining exactly? the vaccine has arrived in ireland and vaccinations begin in two weeks, like most european countries. only 3 or 4 countries have started early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

froog wrote: »
    except it doesn't work like that. track and trace in a family situation doesn't go back to schools. we have seen countless examples of the HSE refusing to test whole classes because they are not deemed close contacts. so in a family outbreak situation, most likely the whole family is tested, probably all positive and it goes down as a "family outbreak" and that's where it stops.
    See that's the part you're brushing past. You're assuming all members test positive on the same day, that is not the case. There's even been a few members
    post on here about for e.g. the wife and daughter testing positive and the husband and son negative. From that you can say the son & father did not infect the mother or daughter etc....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

do you know any nurses in the larger hospitals?? it was hellish for them in march april and when covid died down they had to deal with the massive backlog from everything that was put on hold. a backlog they are still working through. in a system that was way below what is needed even before covid. the idea that healthcare workers have been on easy street is insulting and pig ignorant.

This very much concerns management and that 'system' should of been worked on and massively improved during lockdown 1 so we wouldn't have to go into constant lockdowns and with it even recommended by the WHO but of course very little was done about it and the public got blamed again and again. The same will happen with the vaccine roll out

I've yet to hear the official reason behind the roll out date being up to 4 days after many other EU countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Training should have taken place by now. No excuses.

In the real world training plans are incorporated into BAU to minimise disruption. Busy or not, time should have been allocated towards training given the vital national importance.

When should all this training have taken place while we are in the middle of a global pandemic? Honestly, some of you are off your rocker.

what delay are you imagining exactly? the vaccine has arrived in ireland and vaccinations begin in two weeks, like most european countries. only 3 or 4 countries have started early.

Really have you been living under a rock last few days, have a look and come back to us.

When should all this training have taken place while we are in the middle of a global pandemic? Honestly, some of you are off your rocker.

Your right, lucky the rest of Europe is not suffering in this pandemic and can get the training done early, sure what's a few people dieing says you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Arghus wrote: »
    I'm sorry this is absolute rubbish.

In the last wave, someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, just over 5% of our confirmed cases required hospitisation.

If you cannot keep up with testing close contacts of cases, then this 5% figure is total BS. For a solid weekend, positive cases were asked to do their own contact tracing as the system had collapsed.
    So if you were at a situation of 15k a day confirmed cases you'd reasonably expect 700 people daily who'd require hospitalisation. And you'd already have hundreds - thousands - already in hospital before you even got to 15k and you'd have loads more to come because the disease spreads exponentially. Our health system would completely collapse.
    Not my pig, not my farm - just because billions are wasted on shyte like middle management and methadone programmes should people requiring front-line care be discarded. Just remember - we are a net exporter of front-line staff who are by their take-home pay cheap enough to hire.
    To say that we should only move to level two when cases have already grown high enough to crash the system? That's crazy talk.

I'd crash that backstard of a HSE through the barrier over the cliffs of Moher tomorrow if it meant change for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,070 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

How did Germany, Hungary and Slovakia manage it seeing as how they started vaccinating today? Nearly every other EU country is starting tomorrow. How come they managed to roll out training but in Ireland we couldn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Really have you been living under a rock last few days, have a look and come back to us.

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-vaccines-cross-europe-as-countries-ready-for-rollout/a-56035150

germany, france, italy, austria, bulgaria, spain, hungary, belgium and luxembourg. 9 out of 27 EU states. the rest in line with ireland's rollout in the first two week of january.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    How did Germany, Hungary and Slovakia manage it seeing as how they started vaccinating today? Nearly every other EU country is starting tomorrow. How come they managed to roll out training but in Ireland we couldn't?

Also uk is vaccinating people 7 days a week, we are working Mon to Fri 9-5, we really are a laughing stock if that's true. Nphet and the government have the cheek to blame the people when their whole health system is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Perhaps they didn't bother training them.

Your right, lucky the rest of Europe is not suffering in this pandemic and can get the training done early, sure what's a few people dieing says you.

Do you mean the rest of Europe that has far more restrictions in place than us? Maybe you mean the rest of Europe that has already vaccinated, can you provide links to timelines?

You mean they gave a whole vaccine shot today, I mean they gave a whole one? Have you actually looked at the timeline for vaccine rollout in these countries?

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-vaccines-cross-europe-as-countries-ready-for-rollout/a-56035150

germany, france, italy, austria, bulgaria, spain, hungary, belgium and luxembourg. 9 out of 27 EU states. the rest in line with ireland's rollout in the first two week of january.

Keep searching, Poland and Croatia. We are one of the last as usual. Why are you ok with being one of the last, we have it. What are we waiting for.

Also uk is vaccinating people 7 days a week, we are working Mon to Fri 9-5, we really are a laughing stock if that's true. Nphet and the government have the cheek to blame the people when their whole health system is a joke.

I've yet to see the letter from NPHET to recommend the delay of vaccinations until Dec 30. I know it's great pointing to NPHET for everything to go wrong. but this is nothing to do with them. If NPHET were around longer they would be blamed for the JFK assassinations and WW2 and the famine etc...

I've yet to see the letter from NPHET to recommend the delay of vaccinations until Dec 30. I know it's great pointing to NPHET for everything to go wrong. but this is nothing to do with them. If NPHET were around longer they would be blamed for the JFK assassinations and WW2 and the famine etc...

Nphet is made up of hse members, they are all the one. I was wrong to mention nphet there in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Ah here, ffs.

What is up with the excuses. How long does it take to train different levels in the storage and administration of vaccines?

Not a long tíme, when properly planned out. It really is incredible the incompetence at times.

Ah here, ffs.

What is up with the excuses. How long does it take to train different levels in the storage and administration of vaccines?

Not a long tíme, when properly planned out. It really is incredible the incompetence at times.

Whats worse is the incompetence is just accepted too and just blame a neighbour who had 3 households over for dinner instead for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,070 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

A couple of people on here are hard at work making up all sorts of excuses for Ireland being behind other countries. Seems some people are conditioned to accept poor planning and typical inefficiency in the public service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Danno wrote: »
    If you cannot keep up with testing close contacts of cases, then this 5% figure is total BS. For a solid weekend, positive cases were asked to do their own contact tracing as the system had collapsed.

Not my pig, not my farm - just because billions are wasted on shyte like middle management and methadone programmes should people requiring front-line care be discarded. Just remember - we are a net exporter of front-line staff who are by their take-home pay cheap enough to hire.

I'd crash that backstard of a HSE through the barrier over the cliffs of Moher tomorrow if it meant change for the better.

Okay, a whole lot of whataboutery there. A lot of it doesn't even make sense.

Talking about crashing the HSE through the cliffs of moher.. great, great... Very helpful

If you have thousands of confirmed cases everyday eventually the even tiny proportion of those who will require hospital treatment will be enough to fill up the entire system in no time.

You are deluded if you think it's only appropriate to go to level 2 once you hit 15k a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,682 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm Screaming About My Shiite Christmas
    It Not Like The Ones I Used To Know
    Where The Treetops Glisten And Children Listen
    And Where The Covid Cases Don't Grow

Okay, a whole lot of whataboutery there. A lot of it doesn't even make sense.

Talking about crashing the HSE through the cliffs of mother.. great, great... Very helpful

If you have thousands of confirmed cases everyday eventually the even tiny proportion of those who will require hospital treatment will be enough to fill up the entire system in no time.

You are deluded if you think it's only appropriate to go to level 2 once you hit 15k a day.

If someone told you in March that come Christmas Day we'd have 80k cases and 2k deaths with level 1 restrictions you'd have taken it to the bank. The reality is that everything beyond level 1 introduced by nephet have done f*** all with open borders. Suck it up.

If someone told you in March that come Christmas Day we'd have 80k cases and 2k deaths with level 1 restrictions you'd have taken it to the bank. The reality is that everything beyond level 1 introduced by nephet have done f*** all with open borders. Suck it up.

How do you explain our incidence rate drop after restrictions are brought in and increase when they relax? If it's not restrictions Advised by NPHET and enacted by Government (advised ≠ enacted though law)
    I mean most countries do the same as us, or we do the same as them etc... but for some reason we're not top of the worst list, you still blame NPHET?

Also, I don't give to continental hoots about how many cases there are, the more the better - the sooner we all get infected and recover the better. I will not gorge on an eastenders style nightly report on how many cases were detected. Its totally irrelevant.

I will focus and base policy about hospital admissions owing to respiratory issues. The hypochondriacs don't need to know they have covid.

The entire system should also have greater capacity from the get go, but alas we have a blend of a Berlin/Boston system and until that is rooted out things will never change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

What are you talking about?

We haven't had only level 1 restrictions since March. And if we had we wouldn't have had only 80k cases and 2k deaths.

• Advertisement

How do you explain our incidence rate drop after restrictions are brought in and increase when they relax? If it's not restrictions Advised by NPHET and enacted by Government (advised ≠ enacted though law)
    I mean most countries do the same as us, or we do the same as them etc... but for some reason we're not top of the worst list, you still blame NPHET?

Explain zero-flu. But still Covid spreads? Mind-boggling, isn't it? :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement