Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid 19 Part XXX-113,332 ROI(2,282 deaths) 81,251 NI (1,384 deaths) (05/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Do ye reckon non essential retail will get the chop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Do ye reckon non essential retail will get the chop?

Yep

Pretty much everything, just like what NPHET want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

MOR316 wrote: »
    Yep

Pretty much everything, just like what NPHET want

I hope not. Don't want to be not working again. I think so too, as they've gone along with NPHET all along.

Do you reckon they'll do it soon ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Doesn't work like that.

From my understanding and from reading posters here, it's based on the following.

Hiding away from everyone, only to look out the window to see what others are up to = Good

Spending time with family = Worse than Hitler!

I mean, I'm still waiting for someone, Tony Holohan included, to show me data, evidence, analysis or whatever, of outbreaks that originated in the hospitality sector. We know there's evidence of it in schools yet, they want them open...
    Someone in a previous thread basically said if you don't stay within 5km of your house, people will die...Still waiting for evidence on that one too.

Whilst I don't personally know them, I know of 4 people who came in from the UK and two that came from a hotspot in the USA and they flaunted themselves all over Dublin...Where were the recommendations and restrictions on that?

Anywho, is what it is

So let me get this straight, looking out the window of one's own house = bad

Making the time in one's own head to know of 4 people travelling from the UK and US= good

Am i doing this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,002 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

ElJeffe wrote: »
    You have multiple families meeting indoors over the Xmas period. This thing is going to explode over the next week.

We can't say we haven't been warned but no people needed to have their normal Xmas period.

These families would have been meeting anyway for the last few months is my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

niallo27 wrote: »
    These families would have been meeting anyway for the last few months is my point.

People traveled home for Christmas from all over the place. That hasn't been happening for the last few months.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

So ignoring the restrictions?

No they wouldn't have. Plenty of eejits wouldn't have seen each other for months but pile into a house around Xmas.

Anyway sure let's see what happens. I hope I'm wrong but I'll be shocked if we don't see 2000 cases a day by next weekend.

So let me get this straight, looking out the window of one's own house = bad

Making the time in one's own head to know of 4 people travelling from the UK and US= good

Am i doing this right?

Well, unfortunately it doesn't work like that as I can't control what people decide to mention to me in conversation or when people decide to post, "I'M HOME" on FB, over Christmas.

So no, you're not doing it right.

funnydoggy wrote: »
    I hope not. Don't want to be not working again. I think so too, as they've gone along with NPHET all along.

Do you reckon they'll do it soon ?

After NYD

• Advertisement

Exactly. And I can't help if my dining room table looks directly out the front of my house if I'm sitting at it.

So I am doing it right

Exactly. And I can't help if my dining room table looks directly out the front of my house if I'm sitting at it.

So I am doing it right

Dude, why are you setting up your dining table, at the front of your house, to spy on your neighbours?

That's very strange

So no, you're definitely not doing that right anyways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭AutoTuning

Why is it taking til Wednesday for the vaccine to be given? Ridiculous.

It's the HSE. That's pretty much the only explanation anyone needs.

France is beginning vaccinations tomorrow.
    Germany's already started.

We have to drag it out until Wednesday for some reason. I can only assume the training involves familiarising themselves with reading the labels vials or something, as there's absolutely nothing that shouldn't be prepared by now. They had months!

This should have been ready to hit the road today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Training for giving a needle? Jaysus.

I suppose it is more training for the storage to be fair.

Ah this will be either be a total success, or... and I do hope it will be a success obv. The two week think is something though. But anyway, on we go. And threads like this will be no more.

Dude, why are you setting up your dining table, at the front of your house, to spy on your neighbours?

That's very strange

So no, you're definitely not doing that right anyways...

Says the guy/gal on Faceboooook :pac:

Enjoy your evening

Says the guy/gal on Faceboooook :pac:

Enjoy your evening

I am

I suppose it is more training for the storage to be fair.

To be fair, that was a known quantity and could be mocked up very easily. There's nothing that couldn't have been fully trained up by now.

Also you're not talking about large numbers of doses in the first run, so a small team could have delivered all of them in care home contexts or whatever their first target group is.

Ireland's a small, well-resourced, easy to access country with no logistical difficulties whatsoever. This delay is just mind boggling.

It's an unnecessary delay and it just makes the programme launch look sloppy.

Urulsa von der Layen had even tried to coordinate so that everyone would kick off at the same time, even if it was just for a feel good factor, it's just disappointing to see this being so lack lustre as a launch.

I just cannot get my head around how this isn't an instant launch and one with a big public announcement and first shot. That's what's happening everywhere else and it at least gives people some kind of glimmer of hope.

Right now it feels like there's this huge sigh of relief across Europe, except here where it won't be until Wednesday.

The Irish health services seem to love things like having office hours only 10:45 to 4:15 Tuesday to Thursday - and you'll be sent an arbitrary appointment in the post, which we won't check to see if you've received or discuss with you.

AutoTuning wrote: »

We have to drag it out until Wednesday for some reason. I can only assume the training involves familiarising themselves with reading the labels vials or something, as there's absolutely nothing that shouldn't be prepared by now. They had months!

I hope they don't continue to operate at this glacial speed.

The population of this country will not forgive the HSE if they screw this up.

Like you say they've had months to prepare

Stheno wrote: »
    So ignoring the restrictions?

Yes exactly and made no difference to the numbers, are people that nieve to think it wasn't happening.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yes exactly and made no difference to the numbers, are people that nieve to think it wasn't happening.

No people are not naive. Some people have abided by restrictions knowing that these are not normal times

• Advertisement

This has to be bull**** if that's the case, all the info would have been available for weeks.

No people are not naive. Some people have abided by restrictions knowing that these are not normal times

Yes that's fine but also a large minority have not.

The gas thing is its the ones like that poster who moans the most when restrictions have to be reintroduced.

The lack of self awareness is staggering

Most likely as so many are off for a few days over Christmas. Their relaxation for a few days takes precedence to the vaccination program i'd guess.

This has to be bull**** if that's the case, all the info would have been available for weeks.

You'd hope it's b/s but, the track record would suggest otherwise. They probably think this is perfectly acceptable.

The clowns in HSE can't even roll out a vaccine on time and rightly called incompetent for it, but nphet has a good chunk of hse members on it and are infallible to most on here.

The gas thing is its the ones like that poster who moans the most when restrictions have to be reintroduced.

The lack of self awareness is staggering

That makes no sense, my post had nothing to do with restrictions being reintroduced.

Most likely as so many are off for a few days over Christmas. Their relaxation for a few days takes precedence to the vaccination program i'd guess.

It's not like there's a global pandemic or a massive national and international crisis with spiralling infection rates or anything like that... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

theballz wrote: »
    Training apparently.

Not sure why they left it to now for that.

Clowns.

I just hope that it wasn't the result of some non front line union activists making unreasonable demands that could not be met without rocking the boat.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement

Whatever the story is anyone critiquing it on Twitter seems to be getting an earful about how they only care about PR and spin and there's an implication that there was no other way of training people other than to wait until it arrived, which just makes absolutely no sense.

They could have and I would assume have done dummy runs with frozen samples to test and assure the cold chain. They're hardly going to have to do that with active vaccines.

While a few isn't the end of the world, it just doesn't look great and I would sincerely hope this is not a sign of things to come.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement