Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa's Been And Gone !!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Presents bought and wrapped and stored in Santas sleigh ,aka the MIL's house. They just need to be delivered under the tree tonight.
    That's if the childer sleep which not a certainty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

Necro wrote: »
    Ugh don't get me started on the Wrappening :(

On our child's 1st Christmas argument in our house over whether Santa wrapped presents or not. I was firm that he did my husband( who was from a bigger family) was adamant he didn't.

Anyway turns out Santa didnt wrap presents in my house + how grateful I am as I haven't even stated wrapping any of relatives presents yet!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

appledrop wrote: »
    On our child's 1st Christmas argument in our house over whether Santa wrapped presents or not. I was firm that he did my husband( who was from a bigger family) was adamant he didn't.

Anyway turns out Santa didnt wrap presents in my house + how grateful I am as I haven't even stated wrapping any of relatives presents yet!

Santa only wrapped the really special presents in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Christmas just isn't the same when there are no kids around. Usually I spend a good chunk of the evening on Christmas Eve with my niece but not risking it this year, and it's made such a difference to the general vibe of the day. It was fun wrapping presents to drop off to my sister for her, and for my friends' children as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Happy Covid Christmas everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Necro wrote: »
    Ugh don't get me started on the Wrappening :(

It begins...

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ever year I promise myself I won't leave the wrapping till Christmas Eve + ever year I always do!

Ah well its all done now.

Happy Christmas everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Last picture is tonight, I included some from years gone by.

Post your pictures!

Happy Christmas.

Its lovely to see how the presents change as your kids get older :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Happy Christmas everyone. One of the hardest so far despite not much actually changing for me. Had a small health scare right before Xmas and thankfully got the all clear. Really stressed me in lead up. Made some big sacrifices in the last 2 days to facilitate others christmas and make it work for them. I know they appreciate it but sometimes I wish my life had worked a little bit better. All comes with the territory. Sometimes I find it hard but it could be so so much worse.

For those away, I've done it 2 years ago for work and it is hard but you will manage, well done. It's not easy. You deserve great credit.

Have a great one. Really looking forward to spending tomorrow with family.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,428 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mech1 wrote: »
    Last picture is tonight, I included some from years gone by.

Post your pictures!

Happy Christmas.

Do you want to adopt me? I'm reasonably well behaved, toilet trained, house trained and free to a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

tks for sharing that Mech1. heartwarming.

wont be long till their is grandchildren and your children will take over this thread photoing stuff for grandkids.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

My child is finally asleep. Santa Tracker says Santa is in the Ivory Coast though.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Getting ready to get Santy set up...but getting kids to sleep is not the problem, its the inlaws!

My wrapping process = only wrap surprises /extra goodies. Leave what they actually asked for unwrapped.

So, 10 ciders in and listening to Fleet Foxes, not a bad way to finish off xmas eve

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Kids wont go asleep, Im knackered

All done. Including getting the parts out of the campervan and finishing the assembly of an indoor trampoline!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

All done. My son doesn't believe in Santa anymore but I'll still leave the presents under / beside the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    All done. My son doesn't believe in Santa anymore but I'll still leave the presents under / beside the tree.

Man that’s one sorry ass tree.....

Pinch Flat wrote: »

What's in the Chanel bag? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Now that Santa has officially arrived, happy Christmas everyone here. I hope it's the best year of your lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,428 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Piehead wrote: »

Delightful, a very merry Christmas to you too.

It's lovely to see everyone's traditions and the Santa years continued even for older kids. The excitement of presents under the tree continues even when you figure out how they get there.

Just checked the Elfcam and found this. I can go to sleep happy now.:)

Elfcam-2020.png

(The trampoline is in the porch as a final surprise.)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,874 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

He was in Dublin a fews ago then went too the fictional area of Shannon and now gone to Iceland

He will be back

Love the owl Google tracker

iguana wrote: »
    Just checked the Elfcam and found this. I can go to sleep happy now.:)

Elfcam-2020.png

(The trampoline is in the porch as a final surprise.)

He's long gone from yours. Somewhere over South America now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,874 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

He's long gone from yours. Somewhere over South America now :)

Coked up baxtard clause ha

I kinda do all the running around in my house and my dad isn't really up for being able to do a lot, so our parent/child effort is kinda the other way around (he's the child, and i'm santa). I also have a separate tree for myself and the girlfriend, albeit it's a smaller tree.

I am one of those people that doesn't understand not wrapping presents. I always loved unwrapping things. It was always most of the joy haha. The mystery of it all.

Anyway, ramble, ramble.

Here's my primary (me + parents) tree (tree itself is about 20 years old)

https://i.postimg.cc/mgmWtXmv/20201224-234831.jpg

And here's the secondary one, which I got for about €20 in Argos this year, to fit into our tight little space:

https://i.postimg.cc/m2S05pWP/20201225-012040.jpg

I actually quite like it. I think it's nice. To each their own I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

What’s an ass tree?

• Advertisement

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    What’s an ass tree?

This

Advertisement