Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa's Been And Gone !!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bastard on his way to south america now

He must of knocked up someone in Ireland if he's coming back later ha

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭interlocked

Santa, He Lives !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Ya know that feeling that something just isn't right and you forgot something, then you fall asleep and wake up choking then realise Santa may have left something in the car. Well I just had that.

Worse then that iis the sudden questioning in my mind of is it too late to get it? Then deciding to risk it only for my footsteps to clumsily tackle the stairs, the house alarm to announce it is now unset in a loud authorative voice, while I try sneaking to the car in a very silent street. This is accentuated by the beep of the car alarm unsetting, the slam of the boot reset of car alarm and sneaking back hoping that no one woke up peeped out a window and thus Christmas destroyed.

I'm now in bed again wondering if coast clear.
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

khalessi wrote: »
    Ya know that feeling that something just isn't right and you forgot something, then you fall asleep and wake up choking then realise Santa may have left something in the car. Well I just had that.

Worse then that iis the sudden questioning in my mind of is it too late to get it? Then deciding to risk it only for my footsteps to clumsily tackle the stairs, the house alarm to announce it is now unset in a loud authorative voice, while I try sneaking to the car in a very silent street. This is accentuated by the beep of the car alarm unsetting, the slam of the boot reset of car alarm and sneaking back hoping that no one woke up peeped out a window and thus Christmas destroyed.

I'm now in bed again wondering if coast clear.
    giphy.gif

How tightly did you tuck your kids in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    All done. My son doesn't believe in Santa anymore but I'll still leave the presents under / beside the tree.
    Santa brought me a Giant bike 17 years ago. Still use it - the best of gifts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Santa's been and brought the present for the wee lad. A VR headset. Unfortunately, because Santa didn't tell me to set it up before giving to him, the 45 minutes it's taking to set it up , connect to wifi etc, is causing a ruckus .
    I had asked and warned about this but no, it would be fine.:(

Now that the caffeine is kicking in , merry Christmas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

My "babies" are 26 and 23 years old and I would still do up a stocking for them including a chocolate Santa.

This year they can't get home. The youngest is with his girlfriend in her aunt's in France and when he arrived last Friday the aunt had a chocolate Santa sitting on his beside locker as his gf had told them he always got one.

We are doing a zoom call soon to open gifts with family in France, Scotland and dotted around Ireland and he will discover a chocolate Santa for him and one for the gf in the box of gifts I posted over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭griffin100

Really organised yesterday, me and the wife bagged all the presents in black bin bags by child and hid them in the garage. Midnight last night when the kids were asleep I passed them into the wife in the kitchen who simply had to empty them out - job done. However somewhere between the garage and the kitchen a stray black bag made it’s way into the mix and as I came back into the house ready for a nice glass of vino I was greeted with an emptied rubbish bag of vegetable peelings, bits of meat and assorted mush all over the living room floor. Balls!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Piehead wrote: »
    Man that’s one sorry ass tree.....

Ah thanks hope the rest of your Christmas is merry and non judgemental .
    What's in the Chanel bag? :p

Perfume for Mrs PF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

All went perfect here, see you all next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Jaysus, I am stuffed.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Santa is after coming. No wonder the floor is so sticky.
    Not only was Mammy kissing Santa Claus, she was doing it doggy style with him.

Edgware wrote: »
    Santa is after coming. No wonder the floor is so sticky.
    Not only was Mammy kissing Santa Claus, she was doing it doggy style with him.

Ah leave Santa alone. It's the only time of the year....... :)

Well, it's time for me to pass the thread to someone else, my crew no longer believe so the effort is no longer needed.

It's been fun sharing our Christmas eve setup but I'm sure someone here will take up the challenge.

Many thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thank you for sharing your Christmas Eve setups every year. It’s been great reading this thread every year and you’ve made some magic moments for your kids!

Some others from last year to finish off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Gonna miss this thread. Hopefully there’s some Boardling that will allow a boardsie take up the mantle

• Advertisement

I have a 3 week old so it’ll be a few years before I can take up the mantle 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’ve always enjoyed reading this thread 🥰 It sprinkles of magic 🥰 @Loughc I’m looking at you now to continue it on 👍😉🤶🎅

Ah Congrats Loughc, best Christmas present ever, enjoy your first Christmas with babs.🎄

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Aw this was my very favourite thing on the internet!

I didn't even take a Santa's gone photo as it's pretty boring looking tonight with just a stocking filled up as most of the gifts are small. Tablet, Switch Games, etc. Got this just after he arrived though.

And a big congrats on the baby Lough. You have so much fun in store over the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Love seeing thread every year 👍 too early yet for Santa where we are

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

@Mech1 I know Santa retired but surely there must be one photo for us. I look forward to this thread every year.

Sorry everyone for bumping it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Santa doesn't wrap presents. He gets what you asked him for and leaves it at the end of your bed or under the tree.

Family members wrap their presents because it's a surprise.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

He's just been and gone here after the fastest falling asleep ever on Xmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I love the wee train set around the tree. You know what they say, the fastest falling asleep, the earliest waking up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Still waiting for the big guy here - he won't arrive until our 22 yr old goes to bed 😂

Advertisement