Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa's Been And Gone !!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Christmas to you all. Santa has just arrived for my daughters (19 and 24) so I’m getting ready to head to bed. Had a great evening, our neighbors called by and we had nice wine and a cheese board. Christmas Eve always makes me very emotional, remembering years gone by and those no longer here to celebrate with us. Take care and enjoy the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NSAman

Mech1 wrote: »
    theyn got a bit over excited about santa tracker 2 hours ago!

Did Santa get an ASBO and now has an ankle bracelet?

Neeson wrote: »
    Did anyone ever smell Santa’s scent in the living room on Christmas Morning after he came? You’d get the smell of the soot from the fire and that aroma would make you think he came.

Errrrrr.......

iguana wrote: »
    I almost never drink and I definitely wouldn't for doing Santa. It's the absolute best and most exciting night possible.

Unlike my dad, who when I was 7 (and thats a long time ago) came home after working all day a littl worse for wear... doing the christmas stocking on myself and my brothers room while dressed as Santa, fell over and knocked himself out... lead to years of guilt on our part as we thought we had killed Santa,,,,(we didnt really we knew it was dad),,, but was always a good guilt trip at Christmas...even up until he died we laughed about it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

VWWJvqj
    Been and gone here too thankfully. And it appears the dog saw him!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

NSAman wrote: »
    Unlike my dad, who when I was 7 (and thats a long time ago) came home after working all day a littl worse for wear... doing the christmas stocking on myself and my brothers room while dressed as Santa, fell over and knocked himself out... lead to years of guilt on our part as we thought we had killed Santa,,,,(we didnt really we knew it was dad),,, but was always a good guilt trip at Christmas...even up until he died we laughed about it.

At least he didn't try to surprise you by coming down the chimney. That leads to a very traumatic discovery of the truth about Santa Claus and lifelong hatred of Christmas.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

6384_44fa.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

He's been here. My good deed for the day was to drop 6 x c batteries off to a house for a nerf gun Santa's leaving .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

NSAman wrote: »

So funny. Years ago I met “Santa” on the stairs when I woke up to go to the bathroom. He was the absolute image of my mom.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cjmc wrote: »
    He's been here. My good deed for the day was to drop 6 x c batteries off to a house for a nerf gun Santa's leaving .
    You can get them from my aunt down on Dollymount Stand.

Because

She sells C cells by the sea shore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

I can hear whispering in bedrooms, Christmas Day is about to kick off!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

He was here y;day afternoon; left me a tub of Roses. Raced off to catch the ferry as reindeer hate salt water ;) The ferryman will never be the same!

[IMG][/img]49272737247_5d44f339ef_c.jpgDSC_0373 by pat, on Flickr

[IMG][/img]49272738487_f0a688ba22_c.jpgDSC_0374 by pat, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JuanBerrosa

One year I left a load of reindeer sh1t on the carpet in the living room to make the experience more real, the wife wasn't too happy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

One year I left a load of reindeer sh1t on the carpet in the living room to make the experience more real, the wife wasn't too happy.....
    Next year just get "Santa" to empty his sac into her. That will keep her happy

Lack of photos coming in killed this years thread.
    But its nearly a Tradition now, so I will keep it awake if I can.
    Hopefully everyone had a safe and happy Christmas and until next time bye.
    Pat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i still can't get over the lack of wrapping paper
    it pops into my head occasionally and bothers me

bluewolf wrote: »
    i still can't get over the lack of wrapping paper
    it pops into my head occasionally and bothers me

Its the way I was brought up, and its how I do it now, so thats that.:D

And to quote a recent post in another thread:
    Save the planet maaaaaan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Its the way I was brought up, and its how I do it now, so thats that.:D

how does it feel walking in to see the stuff just there and no surprise
    does it save loads of time not wrapping
    is it just for the kids you don't wrap or does everybody not get wrapped
    is it more environmentally friendly
    is it weird seeing presents being wrapped

• Advertisement

Its all a suprise,,, ok they have lists but also the knowledge that Santa usually gives more than the list and sometimes not quite the item they seen in a catalogue or online somewhere.

There is quite a shock suprise for each one every year and its a pleasure to watch the two photos I posted above evolve.

Its all a suprise,,, ok they have lists but also the knowledge that Santa usually gives more than the list and sometimes not quite the item they seen in a catalogue or online somewhere.

There is quite a shock suprise for each one every year and its a pleasure to watch the two photos I posted above evolve.

that's cool.

hope it was a great xmas this year for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

- nay - pressies from mam and dad, or aunties, uncles etc get wrapped by mere humans with paper and sellotape.

But the Main Gift from Santa Claus is left gleaming in magnificent nakedness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I get my niece to wrap the presents... :p

Is everything ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Is everything ready?

Sorted for the kids but I’ve still got to face The Wrappening, for the relative’s presents, later on.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Best thread of the season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The loveliest thread of the year... :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sorted for the kids but I’ve still got to face The Wrappening, for the relative’s presents, later on.

Ugh don't get me started on the Wrappening :(

• Advertisement

Cooking the Ham and roasting the stuffing atm.

Advertisement