Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 15 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Another option has me thinking now.

Lamptey and Vardy > Robertson and DCL

Growing tired of Lamptey and while Vardy has done me well, I feel he’s over preforming. DCL could be any sub 8m striker that’s not Bamford as I already have him.

My other option is Lewis and Vardy > 3.9m and Kane. Leave me light on the bench but Kane’s fixtures are very very tempting.

Edit: Would have to do Vardy > Kane tonight as Vardy is fcuking dropping in price. I’m not 100% on the move so I’ll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Thanks for replies lads.
    Benimar wrote: »
    Matip is an injury risk and has even been rotated a couple of times when Liverpool have had 3 games in a week. You will probably get both of the DGW out of him given the spacing of the fixtures, but I'd advise having a playing sub in the other GWs!

Yeah I have 15 playing players, generally. On one hand it's a good thing but on the other it's a hindrance as I am messing up who I am leaving on the bench. If Matip was not to play, either Lamptey, Coufal, Soucek or Taylor would be the player subbing in. So I'm not really worried about the 0 pointer. With the way the fixtures are playing out and Klopp will probably rest Matip in the cup and maybe one league game, I can see him starting 2 of the singles, the blank and then the double.
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    You need cash, to buy a injury prone player who hasn't played a full game in the league this season, who has struggled to make squads even when supposedly back from injury and who costs 10.3m, so that you can triple up for GW18??

The same lad whose contract is up by the end of the season, who is free to talk/sign with oversea clubs from 1 January and who won't want to break down and get any sort of long lasting injury before anything is signed?

I think that's the biggest gamble right there based on his current non existing form. Might as well plan to bring in Auba - at least he's played 90 mins most games this season.

Appreciate the concern and every single point you make are valid ones.

I guess I am a bit mad tying my hopes on Aguero staying fit and then also starting and then also returning. I just have a feeling that Aguero is slowly being worked back into fitness and did play some minutes tonight. It's still a GW16 transfer in mind for Aguero so I have the extra week to see how many minutes he gets. If he gets 30 against Newcastle and scores I'd be happy enough to think that he will start in GW16 and subsequent games. He has a run in 18-20 of Brighton, Palace, WBA & SHU. It's hard ignore those fixtures.

And I guess I could fall back on Jesus as he is back amongst the goals tonight and well, it is that time of the year :pac:

The main reason I'm going this route as I think City have really attractive fixtures from 18-22 without having a double and so a couple rivals may go too deep with DGWs and ignore the obvious in City's great fixtures. A 10.3 fit & firing Aguero is very hard to ignore with those fixtures IMO. It could fail spectacularly but it could also be a great differential. If I can find any striker with those sort of fixtures of the same period, I will easily change my plans to Zouma - TAA/Robbo and DCL - new striker. But finding that striker is difficult. I have Kane and stubbornly holding onto Watkins as his luck has to change eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Fitz* wrote: »
    Thanks for replies lads.

Yeah I have 15 playing players, generally. On one hand it's a good thing but on the other it's a hindrance as I am messing up who I am leaving on the bench. If Matip was not to play, either Lamptey, Coufal, Soucek or Taylor would be the player subbing in. So I'm not really worried about the 0 pointer. With the way the fixtures are playing out and Klopp will probably rest Matip in the cup and maybe one league game, I can see him starting 2 of the singles, the blank and then the double.

Appreciate the concern and every single point you make are valid ones.

I guess I am a bit mad tying my hopes on Aguero staying fit and then also starting and then also returning. I just have a feeling that Aguero is slowly being worked back into fitness and did play some minutes tonight. It's still a GW16 transfer in mind for Aguero so I have the extra week to see how many minutes he gets. If he gets 30 against Newcastle and scores I'd be happy enough to think that he will start in GW16 and subsequent games. He has a run in 18-20 of Brighton, Palace, WBA & SHU. It's hard ignore those fixtures.

And I guess I could fall back on Jesus as he is back amongst the goals tonight and well, it is that time of the year :pac:

The main reason I'm going this route as I think City have really attractive fixtures from 18-22 without having a double and so a couple rivals may go too deep with DGWs and ignore the obvious in City's great fixtures. A 10.3 fit & firing Aguero is very hard to ignore with those fixtures IMO. It could fail spectacularly but it could also be a great differential. If I can find any striker with those sort of fixtures of the same period, I will easily change my plans to Zouma - TAA/Robbo and DCL - new striker. But finding that striker is difficult. I have Kane and stubbornly holding onto Watkins as his luck has to change eventually.

Been a big fan of kun for years but his best years are well behind him at this stage, he is very injury prone now and seems to take longer to get back to full fitness now. Add in peps rotation where all bar KdeB are going to be rotated over the xmas. Also City aren't as free scoring as last few seasons. I'm debating even holding onto Kevin. So many options there this season with mid and low range players getting nice hauls.

CSF wrote: »
    Only days before his birthday and all.

Yeah I’d be the same in terms of getting rid. Assuming you get somewhere with him this weekend (which feels kinda ropey at this stage), you’d be in the exact same uncertainty next week.

Gotta take the plunge I think.

I did reluctantly. He’s gone.

Will hopefully own no City, for the remainder, except for kdb.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Is Firminho worth getting in for the West Brom game? Thinking of going Useless Defender + Vardy to Firminho and Stones. Need to win my head to head this week. Stones is a bit of a risk and both those players have gone up in price but I have decent cover for Stones if he doesn’t play. I don’t fully trust that Vardys groin will be ok despite Rodgers saying it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Tusky wrote: »
    Any suggestions? 2 free transfers and 0.4 in the bank.

McCarthy--Martin

Justin--Zouma--Mings--Walkers Peters--Mitchell

Salah--Grealish--De Bruyne--Bowen--Jorginho

Vardy---Wilson--DCL

My thoughts - KDB isn't bringing in the points but surely Man City have to get their act together some time?

Jorginho isn't playing often so should get rid.

Wilson has really tough figures coming up.

Your thoughts?

Get rid of Wilson for Adam's, Southampton have better fixtures and play twice in GW19 plus you will free up a bit of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Missed the Mitchell drop. That .1 would have been important enough to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Is Firminho worth getting in for the West Brom game? Thinking of going Useless Defender + Vardy to Firminho and Stones. Need to win my head to head this week. Stones is a bit of a risk and both those players have gone up in price but I have decent cover for Stones if he doesn’t play. I don’t fully trust that Vardys groin will be ok despite Rodgers saying it is.

Stones was rested last night while Dias & Laporte played. So you would think that Stones + another, maybe Ake, will play at the weekend. Maybe Stones & Dias again.

I'm half tempted by Firmino myself. He actually could be my Aguero alternative transfer. Has a DGW, with some decent fixtures, but he has a blank. He gets his rest in CL fixtures this season so starts the PL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Welcome Chris Wood

Get on the train folks, leaving the station Stephens morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Any advice. I've 2 FT:

Johnston - Meisler
    Robertson Dier Zouma. Dallas KWP
    Neto Salah Mane Grealish Anguissa
    Bamford Werner Calv-Lewin

Unsure what to do with bgw etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Did pulisic for mahrez . My thinking is pulisic has started last couple of games and will start getting some decent points. Also I can’t trust mahrez to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

GBX wrote: »
    Any advice. I've 2 FT:

Johnston - Meisler
    Robertson Dier Zouma. Dallas KWP
    Neto Salah Mane Grealish Anguissa
    Bamford Werner Calv-Lewin

Unsure what to do with bgw etc

I'd do Mane to Son or Mane to Bruno

and Werner to Vardy

but thats just me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

2 FTs. Looking at doing

James, Burke, DCL
    to
    Robertson, Raphinha, Brewster

Robertson on good form, Liverpool with decent fixtures and a DGW in GW19

Raphinha. Leeds next two fixtures are Burnley and West Brom, then a tough fixture against Spurs, followed by a blank and then a decent DGW. I think Raphinha is the next best Leeds attacking option after Bamford

Brewster will be benched. Somewhat of a risk dropping DCL, but his goals have dried up a bit (1 in the last 5), and no DGW for him in GW19.

I had thought of just doing James to Dier originally this week, but I think the option above puts me a stronger position for the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Chilwell to Castagne.

Castagne got good attacking returns pre-injury. Chilwell sounds like he'll miss 3/4 games in the next few weeks, and have Mendy anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

dsmythy wrote: »
    I might bank. Recently buffed bench can cover a Chilwell miss. Surely Mahrez plays, riiiiight?????

Scrap that. Chilwell seems likely to miss 2+ games. Might go Coufal. Alright games and a double against what could be two low scoring teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

-8 taken in prep for the Cup starting GW16, DGW19 and the festive schedule

Telles - TAA
    Chilwell - Robbo
    Mahrez - Raphina

1mil left ITB with those moves... might be tempted to build the bench & BB DGW.. keep Cancelo, KdB & Watkins who are my single game players now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ings to somebody. Thinking Adams and then I can also upgrade Burke with my other FT

Ings to somebody. Thinking Adams and then I can also upgrade Burke with my other FT

Join me. Chris wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Jim Gazebo wrote:
    Join me. Chris wood.

Decent fixtures alright!

Decent fixtures alright!

Put TAA or Robbo in defence for those 3 and have wood up top. More chances of points aft and small chance up top but Wilson's fixtures are desperate so at least wood might come good. Wilson to haul now that I got rid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I have Ings, Chilwell and Lamptey all flagged.

Thinking Ings to Bamford, good fixtures coming up and has the DGW.

My 2 subs Struijk and Dann will most likely not play (for Chilwell and Lamptey) and there is no one really jumping out at me to transfer in for one or both of htem as will have to take a hit or two. Is it madness to roll the transfers knowingly getting 0 in the hope that one if not both will play next GW?

I plan to go Grealish > Son for the next GW too.

Team is
    Martinez
    Chilwell, KWP, Lamptey, Struijk, Dann
    Grealish, KDB, Fernandes, Salah, Soucek
    Ings, Wilson, Welbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Will need to take another hit to sell Chilwell after the news of Lampety.

Stones the most likely option

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Panicked and did Chilwell to Dallas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Lamptey and Vardy > Robertson and DCL, with my 2 FTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Did pulisic for mahrez . My thinking is pulisic has started last couple of games and will start getting some decent points. Also I can’t trust mahrez to start!

Wouldn't be 100% on Pulisic starting either. With his hamstring issues he might be eased back into things. Only plus is Ziyech out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Mahrez out for someone.... No clue who! But I'd love to keep him TBH if he does start.

WCing in 16 so don't even need to carry transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

shmeee wrote: »
    Mahrez out for someone.... No clue who! But I'd love to keep him TBH if he does start.

Always been the problem with Mahrez. If he got a regular start he'd be a 10m player

• Registered Users Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Join me. Chris wood.

Might get him next week. For Watkins. I did not consider him before.

I hope Watkins get some decent points would be a nice late Christmas present. Has been a disaster to own. Most annoying part I could have got Bamford instead of Watkins for 6.1 a few weeks ago. Bamford is now 6.4m and being consistent.
    Watkins will probably drop to 6.0m now.

Wood is 6.2 have some cash in the bank. Only problem is he misses gw18

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

I wouldn't sell him yet, City have two games in 3 days, he's guaranteed to start one of them so I'd keep him for now. If he starts against Newcastle I'd sell him straight after, if he doesn't and plays the following the game then I'd sell him after that. The problem with Mahrez is rotation so I wouldn't be selling him right now while (virtually) every other player in the league is also a rotation risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Went for Raphina myself and invested into Trent & Robbo.

I didn’t want to get rid of Mahrez short term cause of fixture schedule, however the only replacements I wanted was Liverpool defenders & playing cheap mid like Raphina, Walcott, Benrahma - longer term.

Liverpool have WBA at home next so it’s just as tasty as Mahrez getting a start. Liverpool’s fixture over this period are tasty so overall I’m hoping the premium Liverpool cover Mahrez between now & mid Jan

Advertisement