Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 15 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Really tempted on an in form Bobby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Really need to get Bruno in but no idea how to. Also my defence is in tatters so no idea what to do with my 2FTs.

Martinez (Forster)
    Chilwell Coufal Dias (Kilman N. Williams)
    Salah KdB Son Grealish (Jones)
    Vardy DCL Wilson

A) DCL/Grealish/Chilwell to Welbeck/Bruno/4.4m def.
    B) Wilson/Son/Chilwell to Adams/Bruno/4.6m def
    C) Vardy/Grealish to Bruno/Bamford.

Don't really want to downgrade Vardy or even Son. But option A leaves the same issues in defence. Should I abandon the Bruno idea and just shore up the defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Will likely go Wilson to Reid and grealish to son.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Think I might bring in Jonny Stones.

Nobody nailed on for Pep but he has put in a few great displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Will likely go Wilson to Reid and grealish to son.

This also is dependent on when I bother to look at DGW stuff. Probably tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Really need to get Bruno in but no idea how to. Also my defence is in tatters so no idea what to do with my 2FTs.

Martinez (Forster)
    Vardy DCL Wilson

Don't really want to downgrade Vardy or even Son. But option A leaves the same issues in defence. Should I abandon the Bruno idea and just shore up the defence?

Are you certain on keeping KDB? I sold him this week for Son to have a midfield of Salah, Bruno, Son and Grealish. Will most likely be punished by KDB at some stage but I really don't like how city are playing and the lack of goals compared to the last 2/3 seasons.

You should have some change left over to do Kilman or Williams to someone like C Taylor/Dallas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Are you certain on keeping KDB? I sold him this week for Son to have a midfield of Salah, Bruno, Son and Grealish. Will most likely be punished by KDB at some stage but I really don't like how city are playing and the lack of goals compared to the last 2/3 seasons.

You should have some change left over to do Kilman or Williams to someone like C Taylor/Dallas.

KdB should of had 3 assists v Brom & 2 v Soton but for shocking finishing.

Just like Liverpool & United who have hauled.. City have one coming & it’ll be either next week at home to Newcastle or DGW19 home to Palace when nobody has him!

Saying that his funds could be used greatly else where

Definitely food for thought, I'd be watching City v Newcastle on Boxing day from behind the Christmas tree with no City attackers. Feel like a cricket score is incoming. But then again do I continue getting punished by Bruno or get punished once by KdB?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Martinez (Forster)
    Vardy DCL Wilson

Vardy can go missing in a lot of games, and relies on penalties for returns, so selling him for funds will make sense. See how Grealish gets on today.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    KdB should of had 3 assists v Brom & 2 v Soton but for shocking finishing.

Just like Liverpool & United who have hauled.. City have one coming & it’ll be either next week at home to Newcastle or DGW19 home to Palace when nobody has him!

Saying that his funds could be used greatly else where

I know I’m gonna have the fear with him now.
    But the way this season is there’s someone you don’t have hauling every week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I know I’m gonna have the fear with him now.
    But the way this season is there’s someone you don’t have hauling every week

I’m definitely holding him for Newcastle. I have Bruno & Salah already.

The other city attacker I have is Mahrez, I’ve been punished last 2 weeks by him & contemplating getting rid to fund Telles to Trent for a -4. I’m really tempted to hold one more week (v Newcastle). But then I’m stuck with no Trent for West Brom at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Lemlin wrote: »
    What’s your plans with your WC? I actually don’t overly need it. Should have used it earlier in the season.

I'll make 4 or 5 changes, none of them especially important. Yet to decide approach for dgws.

I should have played the wildcard week 3. A good season could be great had I not been so stubborn.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Vardy can go missing in a lot of games, and relies on penalties for returns, so selling him for funds will make sense. See how Grealish gets on today.

Gonna have to reluctantly go this route I think. Vardy has served me well. But I don't want to downgrade KdB or Son. If Grealish blanks he's gone too.

Then it'll be a toss-up between Bamford and Adams as a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Thinking of doing Lamptey to Justin since Leceister have a DGW in GW 19 and Lamptey is just way too much of an injury liability at this stage
    You'd have to think Perreira and Castagne will be back by the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have to get Salah back in and not sell him again this season which likely means KdB out. Still deciding what to do with Zaha, he blows hot and cold but not seeing many better options out there if Grealish is off form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You'd have to think Perreira and Castagne will be back by the DGW

You'd have to think it'd be incredibly unjustified to drop Justin for Perreira, given the form he's in.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    You'd have to think it'd be incredibly unjustified to drop Justin for Perreira, given the form he's in.

Perreira was being linked with Barelona before he did his ACL. Justin's done well but Perreira is a different level

Finally lost patience with Ollie Watkins. Incredibly unlucky run, Missed a penalty and had a gola VAR'd by a nosehair against WH, costing him 13 points that night. Lost peanlty duties as a result, El Ghazi has scored the 2 since he took over (probably another 12/14 points), and tonight another goal VAR'd by an armpit (another 4/5 points).

Could have had 34 points in 4 games, actually got 5 points.

Fixtures turning nasty now, and no DGW. He's on the chopping board this week.

Finally lost patience with Ollie Watkins. Incredibly unlucky run, Missed a penalty and had a gola VAR'd by a nosehair against WH, costing him 13 points that night. Lost peanlty duties as a result, El Ghazi has scored the 2 since he took over (probably another 12/14 points), and tonight another goal VAR'd by an armpit (another 4/5 points).

I rage transferred him out after that penalty miss. Just got him in for a hit. I’ve been very lucky not to be punished for it and I got Adams in too who scored some points

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2FTs

Would still like Kane from GW16 for his nice run. Means Lewis to 3.9m, or Lamptey to 4.3m...and Vardy to Kane.

If Vardy is fit, then I'd like to keep him against United. If he's not, then I could do a one game punt on Firmino and do Kane the week after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭macraignil

Getting rid of Jota for Anguissa last week has given me some funds now to upgrade the low points scorers from my bench to allow a Bench Boost chip soon. Brewster out for DCL done. Sub 5.2 mill defender most likely target for next week's transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

Just leveraged the mortgage to get Salah in as I couldnt face dropping any of my other players. I had 2 FTs and over 2m in the bank(for one week only, was waiting to make big moves).

Out: Patricio, Chilwell, Zaha
    In: McCarthy, Alioski, Salah

Team is now:

McCarthy(Forster)

Alioski, Lamptey, KWP (Mitchell, Bernardo)

Fernandes, Grealish, Son, Salah (Soucek)

Kane, DCL, Bamford

Am thinking of shipping Lamptey out for Coufal next week as Lamptey has been injured. Would appreciate any feedback/tips on my next move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭eggy81

Time to say goodbye to Olly. He’s been unlucky really. Who to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You gotta keep one more week really. We've just had a team xG of 2.82, scored 3 goals and face a team who just had 7 put past them next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Had to get Salah in so did Lamptey, Kane, Eze to Salah, Coufal,Davis. Happy with my midfield of Salah, Son, KDB, Bruno and Grealish.

Leinster90 wrote: »
    Just leveraged the mortgage to get Salah in as I couldnt face dropping any of my other players. I had 2 FTs and over 2m in the bank(for one week only, was waiting to make big moves).

Out: Patricio, Chilwell, Zaha
    In: McCarthy, Alioski, Salah

Team is now:

McCarthy(Forster)

Alioski, Lamptey, KWP (Mitchell, Bernardo)

Fernandes, Grealish, Son, Salah (Soucek)

Kane, DCL, Bamford

Am thinking of shipping Lamptey out for Coufal next week as Lamptey has been injured. Would appreciate any feedback/tips on my next move.
    That defence is asking for trouble over Christmas really, rotation is gonna kill you, anywhere you can get another starter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Have 2FT and currently planning Cancelo and Grealish to Robertson and Klich but I'll wait on it. Would like to keep Grealish another week if possible and sell Watkins instead but not sure I'll manage to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thoughts on Stones and Firmino as options for the next few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

keane2097 wrote: »

Decent ceilings but generally unreliable in different ways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

keane2097 wrote: »

There's a good chance of Stones not playing the Newcastle game. Pep likes to rotate for the easy home games especially with Everton away a couple of days later.

Advertisement