Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 15 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Think I’ll just do Chilwell to Robbo.
    Sold Robbo for Dias two gws ago which I think was a mistake so I’ll correct it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

anyone transfering with GW18? Ive no free hit and my defence in bits.

James Creswell Keane Mitchell Dunne. 1.1mil in the bank and have two transfers.

any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭siblers

but1er wrote: »
    anyone transfering with GW18? Ive no free hit and my defence in bits.

James Creswell Keane Mitchell Dunne. 1.1mil in the bank and have two transfers.

any suggestions?

You should be looking to get a City defender.

Maybe look at getting Dallas or Alioski for Mitchell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Any suggestions? 2 free transfers and 0.4 in the bank.

McCarthy--Martin

Justin--Zouma--Mings--Walkers Peters--Mitchell

Salah--Grealish--De Bruyne--Bowen--Jorginho

Vardy---Wilson--DCL

My thoughts - KDB isn't bringing in the points but surely Man City have to get their act together some time?

Jorginho isn't playing often so should get rid.

Wilson has really tough figures coming up.

Your thoughts?

Tusky wrote: »
    Any suggestions? 2 free transfers and 0.4 in the bank.

McCarthy--Martin

Justin--Zouma--Mings--Walkers Peters--Mitchell

Salah--Grealish--De Bruyne--Bowen--Jorginho

Vardy---Wilson--DCL

My thoughts - KDB isn't bringing in the points but surely Man City have to get their act together some time?

Jorginho isn't playing often so should get rid.

Wilson has really tough figures coming up.

Your thoughts?

Just a quick thought without knowing the finances could you do the below for a minus 4.
    Although you could easily regret that with a potential Kdb haul v Newcastle and Vardy seems to keep getting points!

Kdb to bruno
    Bowen to son
    Vardy to Bamford

At a later date change Jorginho to another cheap mid like Soucek/Rafina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I'm going to go wild. Chilwell to TAA and Wilson to mcgoldrick. After that, bank and then move mcg and 1 other to raise funds for a dgw fwd. Free hit for blank gw as I'm heading for 6 players.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I'm going to go wild. Chilwell to TAA and Wilson to mcgoldrick. After that, bank and then move mcg and 1 other to raise funds for a dgw fwd. Free hit for blank gw as I'm heading for 6 players.

Am I mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Just a quick thought without knowing the finances could you do the below for a minus 4.
    Although you could easily regret that with a potential Kdb haul v Newcastle and Vardy seems to keep getting points!

Kdb to bruno
    Bowen to son
    Vardy to Bamford

At a later date change Jorginho to another cheap mid like Soucek/Rafina

I had considered something similar but reluctant to get rid of Vardy. Also worried about a KDB windfall soon, although running out of patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

How many points would TAA need to return for you to consider it a success - given that you could get a 5/6m player and spend the money elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Does Laporte being back fit close "la porte" on John Stones ??

Dias seems like the safe, boring and possibly overpriced option to replace Chilwell

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    How many points would TAA need to return for you to consider it a success - given that you could get a 5/6m player and spend the money elsewhere?

What I would like is to go from Wilson to a forward like martial. As Wilson's fixtures are horrific.

TAA would have to make 7 at least. Home to WBA it's not unlikely with good fixtures ahead.

I just cannot see a forward in Wilson's price range that entices me, Watkins seems a disaster, Abraham not nailed to start, what to do :(

Cartman78 wrote: »

Dias seems like the safe, boring and possibly overpriced option to replace Chilwell

Thought about Dias but it doesn't free enough funds really.

Chris wood anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What I would like is to go from Wilson to a forward like martial. As Wilson's fixtures are horrific.

TAA would have to make 7 at least. Home to WBA it's not unlikely with good fixtures ahead.

I just cannot see a forward in Wilson's price range that entices me, Watkins seems a disaster, Abraham not nailed to start, what to do :(

Don’t think it’s too outrageous.

I’m looking at TAA. I want him for the DGW. Ideally have him for this GW v WBA but would require a hit.

I think the chances of a clean sheet outweigh the -4. My other defenders to come out are most likely non playing (Chilwell, Telles & Bernardo).

The only other players who would bring out are Watkins & Mahrez. I’m loathe to get rid of Mahrez at home to Newcastle. That leaves me with Watkins, who also has a nice Crystal Palace at home fixture.

If I go down the Telles to TAA route, my only option for Watkins is Deco-Reid (Fulham). Looks like he’ll be pen taker in line if Cavaleiro is injured.

The other option is Mahrez.. who can become Bowen, Raphina, Walcott (someone who has DGW) but also that leaves me with funds to do another -4 and go Chilwell to Robertson.

Double Liverpool defence this week & the DGW is very appealing.

So does TAA, Robbo -8 outscore Telles & Mahrez this week?

A Liverpool clean sheet bring my score to 4 and that’s Mahrez & Telles basically playing and not doing anything.

How about Che Adams?

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    How about Che Adams?

I've 3 southampton with Forster McCarthy and Kwp! An embarrassment of riches :O

Chesty08 wrote: »

I’m looking at TAA. I want him for the DGW. Ideally have him for this GW v WBA but would require a hit.

I think the chances of a clean sheet outweigh the -4. My other defenders to come out are most likely non playing (Chilwell, Telles & Bernardo).

The only other players who would bring out are Watkins & Mahrez. I’m loathe to get rid of Mahrez at home to Newcastle. That leaves me with Watkins, who also has a nice Crystal Palace at home fixture.

If I go down the Telles to TAA route, my only option for Watkins is Deco-Reid (Fulham). Looks like he’ll be pen taker in line if Cavaleiro is injured.

The other option is Mahrez.. who can become Bowen, Raphina, Walcott (someone who has DGW) but also that leaves me with funds to do another -4 and go Chilwell to Robertson.

A Liverpool clean sheet bring my score to 4 and that’s Mahrez & Telles basically playing and not doing anything.

Yeah it's something to look at. Also note mine is 2 FT. Just want to maximise the Chilwell issue for full effect. TAA is expensive but high chance of clean sheet and attacking.

Chesty08 wrote: »

I would do mahrez for what it's worth. He's more miss than hit. Get a Raphinha or walcott and invest elsewhere then.

Yeah it's something to look at. Also note mine is 2 FT. Just want to maximise the Chilwell issue for full effect. TAA is expensive but high chance of clean sheet and attacking.

Chilwell will be back. I can bring in someone for Telles and bench Chilwell and be happy.

Then next move would be Mahrez out, however I wouldn’t go back on Liverpool assets as would require a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Is a -12 ever worth it? Haven't looked through how it would leave me set up for the blank and dgw but I have .1 wiggle room on

Out: ings watkins kane soucek jota

In:salah son barnes brewster and fodder(4.4 or less)

Would leave me with a poxy bench but nice midfield

Ederson

Zouma vestergaard dier keane

Kdb salah Fernandes bowen son

Barnes

Steer Brewster mitchell fodder

• Advertisement

Is a -12 ever worth it? Haven't looked through how it would leave me set up for the blank and dgw but I have .1 wiggle room on

Out: ings watkins kane soucek jota

In:salah son barnes brewster and fodder(4.4 or less)

Would leave me with a poxy bench but nice midfield

Ederson

Zouma vestergaard dier keane

Kdb salah Fernandes bowen son

Barnes

Steer Brewster mitchell fodder

It is worth it but you’d need to be looking at BGW & DGW as they are so close & could quickly outweigh any score gained

• Registered Users Posts: 32,973 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Was Laporte genuinely injured? Hadn’t heard about it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,292 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

CSF wrote: »
    Was Laporte genuinely injured? Hadn’t heard about it

I think he was dropped more than injured.

Fitz* wrote: »
    I think he was dropped more than injured.

That was my understanding also

• Registered Users Posts: 22,563 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did Chilwell to Robertson before price changes tonight as had exact funds. Hope I don't regret the early move but am glad to have him back in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Laporte has been fit for a while now and he was at fault for the goal tonight. Stones has moved ahead of him but is probably only one bad game from being dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Ah ok....just assumed Laporte was injured.

Just transferred Chilwell out for Coufal....now thinking I might hold on to Lamptey for another bit and look at upgrading Mitchell instead.

Looking at playing 4-4-2 for the next few weeks

Wow.

Jesus falling in price, again, tonight but I still don’t think I can sell him before that Newcastle game even though he’s 50/50 to start.

Chris wood anyone?

way ahead of you :D.

Think the fixtures are perfect and he cant keep missing big chances,

Burnley ever so slightly getting their grove back.

I should also add ive had a horoffic last 6 weeks am on my wildcard and am punting up front

• Advertisement

Wow.

Jesus falling in price, again, tonight but I still don’t think I can sell him before that Newcastle game even though he’s 50/50 to start.

Only days before his birthday and all.

Yeah I’d be the same in terms of getting rid. Assuming you get somewhere with him this weekend (which feels kinda ropey at this stage), you’d be in the exact same uncertainty next week.

Gotta take the plunge I think.

Advertisement