Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Whoever writes these fake letters and emails need to change things up a bit and find some new words, so to speak. They’re basically cut and paste versions of other fakes. Shameless.

I’m out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Email from Nurse in UK, allegedly written on Saturday (when Johnson made his address to the UK).

Said Nurse is no longer coming "home" for Christmas.

Would said nurse have restricted his/her movements for 14 days on arrival, had he/she come home? Christmas would have been over by the time he/she would have been free to circulate.

Fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Email from Nurse in UK, allegedly written on Saturday (when Johnson made his address to the UK).

Said Nurse is no longer coming "home" for Christmas.

Would said nurse have restricted his/her movements for 14 days on arrival, had he/she come home? Christmas would have been over by the time he/she would have been free to circulate.

Fake.
    “She was anonymous, we have her details” a definite fake.

I'm still stunned that Tubridy used the wrong name for his child LLS guest, confusing the name of a child cancer victim, with a prominent politician.

I'm absolutely astonished that not one of his "team" has pointed the glaring mistake out to him. What do they all do behind the glass?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lios67

Ryan announces live on air he’s forgoing the huge bobs and will take the average industrial wage, rte will give the balance to charity..........he does in his ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Oh, I heard a 'stunning human being' there.

"I had the great pleasure of meeting her twice, once on the late Late Show, once on the radio show, and possibly twice in between"

What does that even mean?????

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Maureen O Hara and the irishness of her.

Mureeen

'A sense of". That's another of his staples

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"Jane says that she doesn't understand that everybody else did not move country a month ago"

The rest of us have jobs Jane.

That listener obviously wasnt listening to tubridy in August when he was promising everyone the country would be back to normal by November.

Here were are now looking at xmas lockdown,, new strain of virus, flights cancelled, people stranded.

And what does he do? Promises listeners that next Christmas is going to be normal.

He really needs to shut up and leave it alone.

What colour was the Skoda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

sligojoek wrote: »
    Maureen O Hara and the irishness of her.

I saw an interview with her a few few years back and she didn't come across as the most likeable of people. When asked about her success she responded "Well I deserved it".

Kindness is currency for the soul.

She's a plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

No gifts for Tubridy this morning?!

No mentions of the Friday LLS muso line up bar mentioning it raised 1.5million
    I watched that in the hope of a rollicking session and got 4 songs over 105 minutes and a helluva lot of preaching.
    Even Ryan can't pretend it was amazing and gorgeous etc (the content of the show as promised and promoted by himself)

'Kindness is contagious'

No gifts for Tubridy this morning?!

I suspect there were plenty, but given the amount of complaints in recent weeks about it he was politely asked not to mention them.....

Seamai wrote: »
    I saw an interview with her a few few years back and she didn't come across as the most likeable of people. When asked about her success she responded "Well I deserved it".

I didn’t know she worked in RTÉ?
    ;)

I met Maureen O’Hara myself as a chisler quite a number of times so to speak. She’s a distant relative (note: not humblebragging).

My lasting memory of her (apart from her accent) however was when she came to a family gathering that was held in Inis Mór in the Aran Islands so to speak sometime in the late 1970s or perhaps early 1980s. She arrived - and I sh*t you not - on a sea plane. Her husband at the time (or he may have passed by this time ) owned an airline company. At the time I had only ever previously seen sea planes on tv. I haven’t actually seen many since but for the time this was about as ostentatious a display of bling bling you could get.

• Advertisement

That listener obviously wasnt listening to tubridy in August when he was promising everyone the country would be back to normal by November.

Here were are now looking at xmas lockdown,, new strain of virus, flights cancelled, people stranded.

And what does he do? Promises listeners that next Christmas is going to be normal.

He really needs to shut up and leave it alone.

Exactly what I was referring to when I posted this below:
    “The good news is it’s going to be ok”

Is it Bryan? How do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,143 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Missed the show this morning, any mention of McCartneys interview over the weekend with Idris Elba on the Beeb ?

It was cr#p.

So dull I switched it off, wondering if Ryan watched it. Probably gorgeous.

Dustin the Turkey just called Ryan "an insufferable bore" at the closing of Claire Byrne Live TV show!! Hands up, which one of ye is Dustin?

How about Tubridy doing a stint on De Den, would love to see the interaction, also would love to see Dustin face up Duffy too. Most RTÉ presenters, like Claire Byrne, are good humoured enough to play ball with Dustin, but I imagine, apart from Darcy, the highest paid are too touchy to interact with him. Love that tatty burd.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Some “unforgettable kindness” on today’s promo, the beat goes on. Dustin was right.

How about Tubridy doing a stint on De Den, would love to see the interaction, also would love to see Dustin face up Duffy too. Most RTÉ presenters, like Claire Byrne, are good humoured enough to play ball with Dustin, but I imagine, apart from Darcy, the highest paid are too touchy to interact with him. Love that tatty burd.

Herr Duffy would have neither the patience nor the sense of humour to interact with Dustin. The look on his face for the duration of the entire segment would be the look he gave D’Arcy when D’Arcy said “but you’re not working class anymore”.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Missed the show this morning, any mention of McCartneys interview over the weekend with Idris Elba on the Beeb ?

It was cr#p.

So dull I switched it off, wondering if Ryan watched it. Probably gorgeous.

I heard the first 20mins or so, but not a mention of it. Elba is also a house music DJ, I’d be surprised if he had any interest in Macca/The Beatles. But a very #woke choice for the interview. Obviously there were no disabled, lesbian, dyslexic women of colour available that day to tick all the boxes. Yes, I am joking.

Very generous of Elba to take time off from filming Sky ads to do the interview though. :pac:

I heard the first 20mins or so, but not a mention of it. Elba is also a house music DJ, I’d be surprised if he had any interest in Macca/The Beatles. But a very #woke choice for the interview. Obviously there were no disabled, lesbian, dyslexic women of colour available that day to tick all the boxes. Yes, I am joking.

Very generous of Elba to take time off from filming Sky ads to do the interview though. :pac:

Careful!

He did mention recently (possibly yesterday) that he has asked Macca for an interview on a number of occasions, but he, Macca, won’t talk to him.

That may have been prompted by Elba’s interview, I suppose.

• Advertisement

“You can’t shut down kindness.”

More like “ “You can’t shut down Bryan talking about kindness”.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement