Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 15 transfer thread

• 19-12-2020 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭

Looking like Wilson to Adams then I'll upgrade Mitchell to a 4.5 defender.

Am tips? Already have Taylor.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

dahat wrote: »

I bought Jamal Lewis for 4.3

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

dahat wrote: »

If you don’t have a west ham defender one of them could be worth a shout. They have nice fixtures on dgw 19 if bench boost something you’re thinking of playing then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Mahrez out Salah in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think I will do Chilwell to Robertson. Prefer their fixtures over the next few weeks plus Pool looked back to their best today. Want more than Salah for that run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    If you don’t have a west ham defender one of them could be worth a shout. They have nice fixtures on dgw 19 if bench boost something you’re thinking of playing then

I've got Fab in goal, good suggestion though.

I think I'll go for the Leeds DEF after tomorrow game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I bought Jamal Lewis for 4.3

And he's dropped for the first time this season :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Forster out McCarthy in, prep for the DGW and keeper rotation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

With James now injured i'll have to get some defender - 5.3m to spend, decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Cancelo or Telles to TAA

Need a midfielder for 7.7... building for DGW19, FH BGW18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Cancelo or Telles to TAA

Need a midfielder for 7.7... building for DGW19, FH BGW18

Bit cheaper than 7.7 but I think Klich or Harrison for Leeds could be worth a shout, have decent fixtures for next few abd the DGW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ings to Bamford and KDB to Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Thinking mahrez out son in . Spurs have Fulham home coming up . Need to get rid of castagne to maybe Lewis to get the funds for son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Thinking mahrez out son in . Spurs have Fulham home coming up . Need to get rid of castagne to maybe Lewis to get the funds for son

Lewis was dropped this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Fulham as whipping boys seems very much in the past right now

Klonker wrote: »
    Bit cheaper than 7.7 but I think Klich or Harrison for Leeds could be worth a shout, have decent fixtures for next few abd the DGW.

I’ve actually been looking at these 2 tonight!! Leeds have a nice run of fixtures.

Mahrez is home to Newcastle... if only we can be sure he doesn’t plan!

dsmythy wrote: »
    Fulham as whipping boys seems very much in the past right now

Agreed, last 3 games conceded 2 goals. Both were penalties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Ings and KDB out, Grealish and Bamford in.

0.1 shy of trading Anguissa up for Bruno but so it goes. I'm happyish enough with the rest for now rather than taking a hit, so keeping the change in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Operation get in Salah. Thinking Fernandes/Kane to Salah/Bobby. Just know that move will backfire like everything else this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have 2 free transfers to use ahead of using my wildcard. I think Wilson to Bamford will be one. Any suggestions for a one week punt?

McCarthy (Martin)
    Dier, Justin, Dallas, Coufal, KWP
    KDB, Salah, Son, Fernandes, Anguissa
    Wilson (more than likely changing to Bamford), Adams, DCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ings and KDB out, Grealish and Bamford in.

0.1 shy of trading Anguissa up for Bruno but so it goes. I'm happyish enough with the rest for now rather than taking a hit, so keeping the change in hand.

Why not do kdb to Bruno then? Grealish's fixtures are rotten and he's not exactly on fire lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Is grealish worth keeping long term? Have my eye on Maddison as a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Is grealish worth keeping long term? Have my eye on Maddison as a replacement

I have the exact same transfer in mind. Will see how Grealish plays this weekend. Villa have created SO MANY chances last few games just havent been clinical in front of goal.

Shanee. wrote: »
    I have the exact same transfer in mind. Will see how Grealish plays this weekend. Villa have created SO MANY chances last few games just havent been clinical in front of goal.

It’s a tough one. He’s similar to Kdb at the moment in terms of great creativity but that’s not converting to points. His price makes him a lot easier to hold for me.
    Also he has two games in hand. I’ve no idea when they will be played though so not sure if it’s smart holding him for those.
    Some other side notes are that he might now be on pens and Barkley coming back could help him have more freedom/space from opposition defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Lemlin wrote: »
    Have 2 free transfers to use ahead of using my wildcard. I think Wilson to Bamford will be one. Any suggestions for a one week punt?

McCarthy (Martin)
    Dier, Justin, Dallas, Coufal, KWP
    KDB, Salah, Son, Fernandes, Anguissa
    Wilson (more than likely changing to Bamford), Adams, DCL

We have very similar teams once you get Bamford (I have WC too) and I'm leaving it. Any further moves felt like me forcing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

SameOleJay wrote: »
    We have very similar teams once you get Bamford (I have WC too) and I'm leaving it. Any further moves felt like me forcing it.

What’s your plans with your WC? I actually don’t overly need it. Should have used it earlier in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Did Salah back to KdB last night :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Had a big transfer plan created and of course I'm now rethinking it to get TAA back in instead of Zouma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wilson replacements...am I mad to consider Rodrigo along with Bamford? Fixtures are good and they're scoring enough goals to justify a double up I think but will he start every game is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Thinking of doing Lamptey to Justin since Leceister have a DGW in GW 19 and Lamptey is just way too much of an injury liability at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Thinking of Mahrez and Kane out for Salah and Bamford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Really tempted on an in form Bobby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Really need to get Bruno in but no idea how to. Also my defence is in tatters so no idea what to do with my 2FTs.

Martinez (Forster)
    Chilwell Coufal Dias (Kilman N. Williams)
    Salah KdB Son Grealish (Jones)
    Vardy DCL Wilson

A) DCL/Grealish/Chilwell to Welbeck/Bruno/4.4m def.
    B) Wilson/Son/Chilwell to Adams/Bruno/4.6m def
    C) Vardy/Grealish to Bruno/Bamford.

Don't really want to downgrade Vardy or even Son. But option A leaves the same issues in defence. Should I abandon the Bruno idea and just shore up the defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Will likely go Wilson to Reid and grealish to son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Think I might bring in Jonny Stones.

Nobody nailed on for Pep but he has put in a few great displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Will likely go Wilson to Reid and grealish to son.

This also is dependent on when I bother to look at DGW stuff. Probably tonight.

• Advertisement

Really need to get Bruno in but no idea how to. Also my defence is in tatters so no idea what to do with my 2FTs.

Martinez (Forster)
    Vardy DCL Wilson

Don't really want to downgrade Vardy or even Son. But option A leaves the same issues in defence. Should I abandon the Bruno idea and just shore up the defence?

Are you certain on keeping KDB? I sold him this week for Son to have a midfield of Salah, Bruno, Son and Grealish. Will most likely be punished by KDB at some stage but I really don't like how city are playing and the lack of goals compared to the last 2/3 seasons.

You should have some change left over to do Kilman or Williams to someone like C Taylor/Dallas.

Are you certain on keeping KDB? I sold him this week for Son to have a midfield of Salah, Bruno, Son and Grealish. Will most likely be punished by KDB at some stage but I really don't like how city are playing and the lack of goals compared to the last 2/3 seasons.

You should have some change left over to do Kilman or Williams to someone like C Taylor/Dallas.

KdB should of had 3 assists v Brom & 2 v Soton but for shocking finishing.

Just like Liverpool & United who have hauled.. City have one coming & it’ll be either next week at home to Newcastle or DGW19 home to Palace when nobody has him!

Saying that his funds could be used greatly else where

Definitely food for thought, I'd be watching City v Newcastle on Boxing day from behind the Christmas tree with no City attackers. Feel like a cricket score is incoming. But then again do I continue getting punished by Bruno or get punished once by KdB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Martinez (Forster)
    Vardy DCL Wilson

Vardy can go missing in a lot of games, and relies on penalties for returns, so selling him for funds will make sense. See how Grealish gets on today.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    KdB should of had 3 assists v Brom & 2 v Soton but for shocking finishing.

Just like Liverpool & United who have hauled.. City have one coming & it’ll be either next week at home to Newcastle or DGW19 home to Palace when nobody has him!

Saying that his funds could be used greatly else where

I know I’m gonna have the fear with him now.
    But the way this season is there’s someone you don’t have hauling every week

• Advertisement

I know I’m gonna have the fear with him now.
    But the way this season is there’s someone you don’t have hauling every week

I’m definitely holding him for Newcastle. I have Bruno & Salah already.

The other city attacker I have is Mahrez, I’ve been punished last 2 weeks by him & contemplating getting rid to fund Telles to Trent for a -4. I’m really tempted to hold one more week (v Newcastle). But then I’m stuck with no Trent for West Brom at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Lemlin wrote: »
    What’s your plans with your WC? I actually don’t overly need it. Should have used it earlier in the season.

I'll make 4 or 5 changes, none of them especially important. Yet to decide approach for dgws.

I should have played the wildcard week 3. A good season could be great had I not been so stubborn.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Vardy can go missing in a lot of games, and relies on penalties for returns, so selling him for funds will make sense. See how Grealish gets on today.

Gonna have to reluctantly go this route I think. Vardy has served me well. But I don't want to downgrade KdB or Son. If Grealish blanks he's gone too.

Then it'll be a toss-up between Bamford and Adams as a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Thinking of doing Lamptey to Justin since Leceister have a DGW in GW 19 and Lamptey is just way too much of an injury liability at this stage
    You'd have to think Perreira and Castagne will be back by the DGW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have to get Salah back in and not sell him again this season which likely means KdB out. Still deciding what to do with Zaha, he blows hot and cold but not seeing many better options out there if Grealish is off form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You'd have to think Perreira and Castagne will be back by the DGW

You'd have to think it'd be incredibly unjustified to drop Justin for Perreira, given the form he's in.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    You'd have to think it'd be incredibly unjustified to drop Justin for Perreira, given the form he's in.

Perreira was being linked with Barelona before he did his ACL. Justin's done well but Perreira is a different level

Finally lost patience with Ollie Watkins. Incredibly unlucky run, Missed a penalty and had a gola VAR'd by a nosehair against WH, costing him 13 points that night. Lost peanlty duties as a result, El Ghazi has scored the 2 since he took over (probably another 12/14 points), and tonight another goal VAR'd by an armpit (another 4/5 points).

Could have had 34 points in 4 games, actually got 5 points.

Fixtures turning nasty now, and no DGW. He's on the chopping board this week.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Finally lost patience with Ollie Watkins. Incredibly unlucky run, Missed a penalty and had a gola VAR'd by a nosehair against WH, costing him 13 points that night. Lost peanlty duties as a result, El Ghazi has scored the 2 since he took over (probably another 12/14 points), and tonight another goal VAR'd by an armpit (another 4/5 points).

Could have had 34 points in 4 games, actually got 5 points.

Fixtures turning nasty now, and no DGW. He's on the chopping board this week.

I rage transferred him out after that penalty miss. Just got him in for a hit. I’ve been very lucky not to be punished for it and I got Adams in too who scored some points

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2FTs

Would still like Kane from GW16 for his nice run. Means Lewis to 3.9m, or Lamptey to 4.3m...and Vardy to Kane.

If Vardy is fit, then I'd like to keep him against United. If he's not, then I could do a one game punt on Firmino and do Kane the week after.

• Advertisement
Advertisement