Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Beebop20 wrote: »
    Just got the email for the next round of tests in inchicore

Got the same. So much for past results being valid for two years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Nothing for waterford yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Nothing for waterford yet.

Got an email to say had met the required standard again and was back in the "talent pool"-see filing cyabinet for another 2 years. I wouldn't be holding the breath for Waterford. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

Got my Email today. In the talent pool for 2 more yrs. Yipee. Guess the guys in the West 'aint hiring anytime soon. Best of luck to those of ye sitting the next tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Got an email to say had met the required standard again and was back in the "talent pool"-see filing cyabinet for another 2 years. I wouldn't be holding the breath for Waterford. lol

Yeah Im not :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Just got the email for the next round of tests in inchicore

Didn't get anything today about the tests in Inchicore. I must be further down the chain :o

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rootsblower

There’s a good few Dublin based drivers on transfer lists to move to other depots down the country. Guys on here waiting for the likes of Waterford to come up could be waiting a good while. Dublin is awash with trainees at the moment and more to come I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Quadrivium

Does anyone know the attrition rate at the test stage in Inchicore?
    If 5000 applied, how many got past the online test stage and invited to the test centre?
    Also, it would be interesting to find out roughly how many drivers would be needed for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AlRedsFan

Hi all,
    I got to the phase 3 testing in Inchicore. I am concerned about the medical if i make it to that phase, can anyone explain in detail what they fail you on? My sense are good, eyes and hearing etc. all spot on. It's my BMI and general fitness i am concerned about mostly, and who knows what else could pop up such as blood pressure. I imagine if all went well, interviews/medicals would take place in late Jan/Feb at the earliest maybe so i would have time to get a few things in line if needs be.

If anyone has any tips on preparing for that specifically i would appreciate that too. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Beebop20

I read further back in this thread that BMI has to be under 30 but im not sure....
    Bad timing to try to get it down over Xmas...
    Good luck with the tests next week.. im in on thurs at 12.30

• Advertisement

If anyone is worried about the medical get checked by your GP in advance to spot any issues.
    They will pick up on the smallest of things at the medical either put you on hold or fail you for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

AlRedsFan wrote: »
    It's my BMI and general fitness i am concerned about mostly, and who knows what else could pop up such as blood pressure. I imagine if all went well, interviews/medicals would take place in late Jan/Feb at the earliest maybe so i would have time to get a few things in line if needs be.

Start running and watch your diet. Don't overindulge over Christmas.
    Plenty of time to increase your fitness and get your BMI down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AlRedsFan

Thanks for the info! Any idea what they fail you on? Or if there is any flexibility? And good luck on the tests if you got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I'm not sure on the failure levels, but you can look back over older posts and lads have said.
    I only made it as far as the second round at Inchicore last time unfortunately.

CMO told me once at my routine medical that the biggest problem they find is prescription medication especially anti depressants and especially in middle aged men.

Get your BMI below 30 and they specifically look for indications of conditions such as sleep apnea and diabetes.

Very strict on colour blindness test too and hearing standard.

Urine test for drugs and alcohol and pin prick test for the blood sugar and liver function.

You could be asked to to a stress test on a treadmill too.

Get your weight down as much as possible between now and your medical. If your smoking weed recreationally. Stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Krackowcake

CMO told me once at my routine medical that the biggest problem they find is prescription medication especially anti depressants and especially in middle aged men.

Get your BMI below 30 and they specifically look for indications of conditions such as sleep apnea and diabetes.

Very strict on colour blindness test too and hearing standard.

Urine test for drugs and alcohol and pin prick test for the blood sugar and liver function.

You could be asked to to a stress test on a treadmill too.

Get your weight down as much as possible between now and your medical. If your smoking weed recreationally. Stop now.
    Thanks for the information. Just wondering if taking an anti depressant is a complete failure of the medical ? Or if you had depression in the past would it go against you?

Thanks for the information. Just wondering if taking an anti depressant is a complete failure of the medical ? Or if you had depression in the past would it go against you?

PM me if you wish I’m not gonna comment on people’s personal circumstances here.

PM me also if you wish. I have done two pre-employment medicals this year with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

It might prevent you from starting a safety critical role.

So how did the first batch of test takers find the process today?
    I hear results won't be released until January but I wonder how long after that before the next stage starts?

• Advertisement

It went ok, definitely did better on the 2nd 2 tests... remembering all the info on the first test was a bit tougher, was alot of info to remember but hoping I did OK overall

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Storer17

It went ok, definitely did better on the 2nd 2 tests... remembering all the info on the first test was a bit tougher, was alot of info to remember but hoping I did OK overall

How many test did you do overall today? Was any of the interview questions included in the first phase? Got mine on the 18th

3 tests today, no interview questions, think that's in the 2nd stage in inchicore,
    trfs
    Trp
    Rwce
    The trfs had alot of info to remember and you can't check notes, hoping i got enough right in that one, im confident enough with the other 2
    Best of luck on 18th

2nd stage in Inchicore is harder. If you play computer games it helps!
    You need reaction times of a viper for the first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NewUser1998

Had the tests in Inchicore yesterday, interesting experience never done anything like that before. First test was quite tough, fingers crossed on that really. The second test was grand just wish I’d more time! The third was okay as you could take notes while listening. Hopefully I’ve done enough to get to the next stage! Thought it was strange how relaxed they were with mask wearing

Had the tests in Inchicore yesterday, interesting experience never done anything like that before. First test was quite tough, fingers crossed on that really. The second test was grand just wish I’d more time! The third was okay as you could take notes while listening. Hopefully I’ve done enough to get to the next stage! Thought it was strange how relaxed they were with mask wearing

It certainly was interesting, I'd say I guessed a lot of the first part due to the ambiguity of the questions, at least 2 out of the 4 could have been correct.

Those blue masks are about as useful as chocolate teapots anyway, they only give the illusion of protection, anything less than an N95 is basically useless so perhaps they're applying a bit of common sense plus there was adequate spacing between people.

It's just a waiting game now, I wonder how long after stage 2 do interviews start...could be a while before actual driver training starts.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    2nd stage in Inchicore is harder. If you play computer games it helps!
    You need reaction times of a viper for the first one!

Have you passed them before? Any tips?

Glad im not the only one who found the 1st one tough... so much info to remember

• Registered Users Posts: 6 git C 1984

Ye found the first two tougher than second two. So hopefully did enough in first two test too get over the line. Pretty confident with the second two test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Kmcstar21

I have the tests on the 18th, do I need to bring anything except for identification?

Advertisement