Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

spookwoman wrote: »
    She doesn't look at people when talking to them she looks past them

The 'blank stare' acting of Heather Graham springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

spookwoman wrote: »
    She doesn't look at people when talking to them she looks past them

This!

Adam Hills.

I like his standup, but has he jumped on the 'woke' train?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The 'blank stare' acting of Heather Graham springs to mind.
    Nah Victoria's is in a league of its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

I don't know, I always switch channel when I see him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Big time. I used to laugh like a drain at The Last Leg and then it became part Labour Party Corbyn lovefest and part how woke can we be today.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Tommy Bowe is way more annoying than Simon Delaney. Simon is funny and laid back. Bowe is an effing know-all with a smirky weasel face that has endless punchability potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Donacha o callaghan
    Thinks he is great craic
    He is not

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

Ruby walsh..the most arrogant little man ever to exist .thinks he knows it all ..rte radio gave him a slot in presenting a sport's show. Big mistake heard loads have stopped listening

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Alicia Vikander.. Totally forgot about this one but I've 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E' on on the TV now because Armie (I'd give him a)Hammer(ing) is in the movie. Could never quite put my finger on what it is about her. There's obviously something appealing about her because she's in a good few movies. I just zone out when I see her. I just don't get her one bit. Dare I say, I find her extremely plain. & I usually think plain women are the most attractive. But there ya go

I couldnt pick her out of a line up. She has an Oscar as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Barbara Windsor,i know she has just died. But i never got her or the adulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

smilerf wrote: »
    Donacha o callaghan
    Thinks he is great craic
    He is not

Oh god , I remember him doing an interview about his time in the British and Lions Team. He was talking about the Welsh players and said that they were very lovely guys. No doubt true . However , in typical Irish rugby top college type fashion (while he went to Pres College he only went to Cork IT and like Rog was more a club man with Cork Con) he said that “bless them, some of them aren’t the brightest”

Wow . He always came across as the thicko in the class

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Denny61 wrote: »
    Ruby walsh..the most arrogant little man ever to exist .thinks he knows it all ..rte radio gave him a slot in presenting a sport's show. Big mistake heard loads have stopped listening

He’s an acquired taste. Respect the man as a sportsman . Can have interesting things to say . Maybe it’s a weird shyness / defensive thing . He certainly doesn’t talk arrogantly about his abilities as a rider . Oddly enough people could see his more humane side when he had talked about the dark days in the sport ie riders getting killed during races .

Hes nothing like his dad , you can come across a little ignorant at times too but he makes it up for the hilarious statements he makes .

Hope Barry Geraghty and Davy Russell do a bit of media work (horse racing) . Barry would be the complete package - great career , the looks for the housewives and the personality .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Noodles81 wrote: »
    Tommy Bowe is way more annoying than Simon Delaney. Simon is funny and laid back. Bowe is an effing know-all with a smirky weasel face that has endless punchability potential.

Simon Delaney at least can cook. James Corden is one of the worst things to happen to humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Denny61 wrote: »

Agree. His name is a huge red flag. “Ruby” is for girls and any man who allows themselves to be called that is obviously an arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I’ve never heard him interviewed tbh - please tell me he doesn’t sound like a fit Healy Rae???
    he went full kerry in the 2nd half of an xmen jnr movie in 2010, full kerry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

he went full kerry in the 2nd half of an xmen jnr movie in 2010, full kerry!

Noooooo bai!!!

dubstarr wrote: »
    How on earth did you work that out?

her soothing tones send you to sleep

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Noooooo bai!!!

"hit em with the shtick"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Claudia winkleman

Vogue and her lets get married and have babies for social media clicks

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    Claudia winkleman

Vogue and her lets get married and have babies for social media clicks

I had to give Claudia a second glance last week as I mistook her for a fully face covered Muslim lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The Dalai Lama is complete charlatan.
    Quotes about happiness, generosity and other wonderfully vague motivational drivel.
    He jumps on every self-righteous bandwagon going.
    Easy to be happy when you're worth 150 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Hes nothing like his dad , you can come across a little ignorant at times too but he makes it up for the hilarious statements he makes .

The one like "She's a lovely mare, I rode her mother"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,041 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Your Face wrote: »
    Quotes about happiness, generosity and other wonderfully vague motivational drivel.

Whatever about the current Lama but Tibet under the monks looked like a right corrupt dump.

I'm all for "Free Tibet" but not if it means giving it back to the corrupt holy Joe's that used run the place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

dubstarr wrote: »
    Barbara Windsor,i know she has just died. But i never got her or the adulation.

It's an English thing( andDublin), have loud personality, get seen where it matters. Shane Richie was conducting a masterclass in it on Celebrity, Basically you get on despite having very average looks and talent but make up for it in brashness

It's an English thing( andDublin), have loud personality, get seen where it matters. Shane Richie was conducting a masterclass in it on Celebrity, Basically you get on despite having very average looks and talent but make up for it in brashness

They love that crap in New York too.
    Volume mistaken for personality

Your Face wrote: »

His 'appearance' fees can be anywhere in the region of a million dollars. (Been watching that documentary about Nxivm, aka The Vow. It's LONG winded, and Seduced: Inside the Cult of Nxium is far, far better. But both mention the Dalai Llama and how much it costs to meet the guy).

Ever notice the ones who claim a vow of poverty often charge the most for appearances?
    Nobody could be as irritating as that fat bellend.

There are so many stories about Corden... none of them good. Everything from him being a prat when drunk, to being a bigger prat when sober.

And then there's his performance in 'The Prom'... apparently he takes an average movie, and makes it unbearable with his genuinely insulting performance as a gay man.

https://twitter.com/promnetflix/status/1336032913268355073?s=20

It's like some sort of bizarre mutant power--he can ruin literally ANYTHING.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Matt Cooper

Constantly interrupts and talks over his guests "hang on a minute now"
    Condescending
    Sneering

He wasn´t always like this. A few years ago I thought he was an excellent radio presenter!

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Matt Cooper

Constantly interrupts and talks over his guests "hang on a minute now"
    Condescending
    Sneering

He wasn´t always like this. A few years ago I thought he was an excellent radio presenter!

I dont mind the interrupting most of the time because most people on the radio are talking s***e but he does some times seem like he would prefer no guests and just rattle off his opinions for the hour

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Alison Hammond.

Advertisement