Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

tanko wrote: »
    Joanne doesn't want any discussion of the elephant in the room, typical RTE.

The northern ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

wait til you see Des Cahill tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭moghrasa

Her only contributions to discussion are to comment on how class Dublin are and how they're the bee's knees. Even Darragh Moloney isn't as big a sycophant as her.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Jesus. Let's not lose the run of ourselves here. Mayo winning an AI. Shudder

True. Though I wouldn’t mind the extra bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

It’s gone to the dogs at this stage. When you know the result before a match starts it’s a bad sign of things

I don’t even know what the answer is

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Wrong

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Well, she literally just brought it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

O'Shea has heard so many interviews written about Dublin's dominance. Keep on hearing, O'Shea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

No. She wants to talk about the "other counties" not the financial advantage Dublin have.

She brought up the topic, the lads all contributed, commenting on money, population, coaching, managements etc.

What exactly do you want her to do, given they had less than 5 minutes?
    Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,893 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sean Cavanagh is spot on.., fair fûcks for not letting himself be shouted down and interrupted by that absolute eejit O’Rourke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Strumms wrote: »
    Fitzsimons grabbed around the neck, 8 feet in front of the ref.

Just reading over the thread and I’m sure my name gives away my bias but I’m a bit lost as to why you’d be unhappy with the ref. For example:

1. A number of high tackles by Dublin players went unpunished. Jason McLoughlin was thrown around like a rag doll round his neck on the sideline and got nothing. Even commentary mentioned it would have been very unfair if Dublin got a score after it.
    2. Cooper pulled down Martin Reilly. It was a free and a pull down so where was the black card? Cavan players have got black cards this year for far less.
    3. Philly McMahon blatantly holds Galligan’s arm when the high ball was played in. How the ref did not see it I do not know because I could see it from the crap camera angle and the replay clearly showed it.
    4. Ridiculous sending off of Galligan at the end.

And that’s only the stuff I can think of. Your constant posts that somehow Dublin were hard done by this evening by the referee are infuriating to be honest.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    She brought up the topic, the lads all contributed, commenting on money, population, coaching, managements etc.

What exactly do you want her to do, given they had less than 5 minutes?
    Seriously?

They didn't like their answers. 😄😄😄😄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭C__MC

An All Ireland Semi Final
    Doubles scores at half time
    Pundits claim cavan are doing well
    Worrying times for the GAA
    Mayo need to win tomorrow to give us a bit of a final.

Cavan_King wrote: »
    Just reading over the thread and I’m sure my name gives away my bias but I’m a bit lost as to why you’d be unhappy with the ref. For example:

1. A number of high tackles by Dublin players went unpunished. Jason McLoughlin was thrown around like a rag doll round his neck on the sideline and got nothing. Even commentary mentioned it would have been very unfair if Dublin got a score after it.
    2. Cooper pulled down Martin Reilly. It was a free and a pull down so where was the black card? Cavan players have got black cards this year for far less.
    3. Philly McMahon blatantly holds Galligan’s arm when the high ball was played in. How the ref did not see it I do not know because I could see it from the crap camera angle and the replay clearly showed it.

And that’s only the stuff I can think of. Your constant posts that somehow Dublin were hard done by this evening by the referee are infuriating to be honest.
    I wouldn't worry. Dubs always need to find a way to feel persecuted. They'll win 10 in a row and they'll be crying about culchies not marvelling at the AIG Bluebirds

She didn't bring up the financial doping topic, O Rourke did. She tells him to stop talking about it and later starts waffling about what the other counties have to do, so she tried to steer the conversation away from Dublins advantages all the time.

Ok.

Cavan_King wrote: »

When Cavans legs went around the 50 minute mark, they resorted to fouling to try and slow down the Dublin attack.. unsophisticated, unsportsmanlike.

Galligan deserved to go, he could have seriously injured the Dublin player, a shoulder charge into the chin, zero attempt to play the ball, get the ball, even slow down play.. he could have knocked his teeth out. Full on shoulder charge into the chest and chin. Manky, dirtbag style play, red all day.

When Cavans legs went around the 50 minute mark, they resorted to fouling to try and slow down the Dublin attack

Galligan deserved to go, he could have seriously injured the Dublin player, a shoulder into the chin, zero attempt to play the ball, get the ball, even slow down play.. he could have knocked his teeth out. Full on shoulder charge into the chest and chin. Manky, dirtbag style play, red all day.

Melodrama personified.

Not sure if splitting into 4 is warranted but I think North and South would be the obvious choice.

Mayo Tipp tomorrow and thread being thrown off track.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The break up of Dublin grows closer.

And/or hopefully the death of all the provincial championships.

Plus would Dublin will be split as under two County Board's. Or spilt as two separate entitles under one County Board?

Next question after that how would this break up be funded and by whom? New stadiums needed?

Also, which counties will be amalgamated as one entity under one County Board. Or merged as two separate entitles under one County Board.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

moghrasa wrote: »
    Melodrama personified.

Nahhh , look at it again ;). No place for that on the pitch, loose but loose gracefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Not sure if splitting into 4 is warranted but I think North and South would be the obvious choice.

They should start with 2 teams, keep the hurling as one county team. review it every two or 3 seasons and if there is a need to divide into 3 or 4 then implement that. There needs to be a plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

The spectre of Dublin looms over everything in the GAA. Yea there is another thread, but when you see Dublin dole out humiliating hammerings every game, you realise that it doesnt really matter who wins tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shane12

The question how have we landed in this situation and what can be done to save the All Ireland football championship?

I am looking forward to tomorrow but still think Mayo will win in the end by 5 or 6 points.

As for the Final I wouldn't be surprised If I was to stop watching at half time, Dublin are too fit and too physically strong for any team to go toe to toe for 60 mins not to mind 70+. It is kind of despairing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

Nahhh , look at it again ;). No place for that on the pitch, loose but loose gracefully.

You’d want to tighten up your comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

When Cavans legs went around the 50 minute mark, they resorted to fouling to try and slow down the Dublin attack.. unsophisticated, unsportsmanlike.

Galligan deserved to go, he could have seriously injured the Dublin player, a shoulder charge into the chin, zero attempt to play the ball, get the ball, even slow down play.. he could have knocked his teeth out. Full on shoulder charge into the chest and chin. Manky, dirtbag style play, red all day.

You're confusing two players. Cavan no 12 made the shoulder to chest not player that was sent off.

I'm neutral and thought ref missed obvious black card for Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

The question is not what they do to Dublin but what can they do for other counties. You cant stop funding as that will unfairly hit clubs. Splitting Dublin into multiple teams will do nothing as the Dublin structure and how they train is through out the county. So the question is how can they help other counties

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

You've the wrong man. Gilligan didn't put that hit on McCarthy. He got sent off for mouthing at the ref. Very silly

Shane12 wrote: »
    The question how have we landed in this situation and what can be done to save the All Ireland football championship?

I am looking forward to tomorrow but still think Mayo will win in the end by 5 or 6 points.

As for the Final I wouldn't be surprised If I was to stop watching at half time, Dublin are too fit and too physically strong for any team to go toe to toe for 60 mins not to mind 70+. It is kind of despairing really.

Other teams need to get stronger and fitter then... Cluxton, a teacher can do it, McCarthy a bank employee can, and does... soooo...

Dublin led 17 points to 8 after about 50 minutes... I don’t think fitness told in the game I was watching... creativity, teamwork, skills, accurate shooting, passing certainly did... an excellent performance...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

And what if North v South ended up in the final next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭C__MC

I'm not going to question Dublins advantages tonight.
    I'm still hopeful mayo will put it up to them if they can get their.

Advertisement