Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

dobman88 wrote: »
    That's 10 points with 20mins left. Cavan need to do something before it gets embarrassing for them

The kick outs alone are a small victory for Cavan.

Very impressed with the defence of Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 25,014 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pulled to the fûcking ground by the neck, and no free, jeeez GAA refereeing.., football in particular...

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭French Toast

How long since a keeper has kept a clean sheet against the Dubs in Championship I wonder?

Only thing left to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Dublin are like a professional outfit, their fitness, strength and athleticism is way above any other team, and Cavan are a very fit team

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Strumms wrote: »
    I know it’s only 50 minutes in but Cavan just starting look to look like their efforts are starting to tell a bit... Dubs having a lot more space and time with Cavan not getting near them in possession.

This is where the Division 1 to 2/3 gap tells

Thats why I was surprised Cavan beat Donegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

If Cavan had a few more of Martin Reilly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭C__MC

A mayo win tomorrow is needed to give us at least a competitive final one would hope

People watching a division 1 v a team relegated to division 3 and upset when the 3 team isn’t winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

This is where the Division 1 to 2/3 gap tells

Yep. Separates the top club players from the county stars. Have heard it referred to as championship minutes. 60-70+

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭tanko

That's 10 points with 20mins left. Cavan need to do something before it gets embarrassing for them

It's no where near as embarrassing as Kerrys performance against Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Lundstram wrote: »
    Pumping money into a county with already massive resources, huge population, home advantage most games was always going to lead to days like today.

Sad and depressing to see the most popular sport in Ireland turned into an absolute farce. Genuinely makes me sad.

Yeah me too to be honest. A few years ago the Cork players got awful stick for going on the piss for a few days before a qualifier against Kildare. Apparently their reasoning was they didn't want to play Dublin in the following game. Hard to blame them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dublin are in cruise control, 12 clear.

People watching a division 1 v a team relegated to division 3 and upset when the 3 team isn’t winning.

Who's upset? Unless I've missed a load of posts complaining

Haha brilliant point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

How long since a keeper has kept a clean sheet against the Dubs in Championship I wonder?

Only thing left to play for.

4 weeks, Westmeath keeper did it in first round

• Registered Users Posts: 67,597 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

C__MC wrote: »
    A mayo win tomorrow is needed to give us at least a competitive final one would hope

Don't know if I'd be bothered even watching. They have destroyed the golden goose.
    Who could be arsed watching these spectacles year on year at the end of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Mayo are more likely to loose to Tipp than beat Dublin!

I said the same when someone said Donegal will give the Dubs a good semi final before they beat Cavan

tanko wrote: »
    It's no where near as embarrassing as Kerrys performance against Cork.

Not sure what that has to do with this game :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yep. Separates the top club players from the county stars. Have heard it referred to as championship minutes. 60-70+

Its ridiculous isn't it?

Cavan have been great tonight, had a real go but are Division 3 for a reason

Congratulations Bertie and GAA HQ you have made the football championship a complete waste of time and effort for other teams. You have done what the brits couldn't achieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭threeball

We don't need a competitive final, we need an absolute thrashing so the big wigs can no longer ignore the elephant in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭French Toast

4 weeks, Westmeath keeper did it in first round

Jaysus, swore I heard one of the lads mention it was longer. Must have been the latter stages of the competition they were on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Great score by Reilly.

Who's upset? Unless I've missed a load of posts complaining

You must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Never thought I'd find myself half-watching an All-Ireland semi-final.

But there you go. That's how one-sided and monotonous the sport has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

kic21e33_9ilc2w_aiim61.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Switched the channel five minutes ago

Never thought I'd find myself half-watching an All-Ireland semi-final.

But there you go. That's how one-sided and monotonous the sport has become.

And another one like it to come tomorrow. But that will be the darlings winning so nobody will mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭C__MC

Seriously this perception that Dublin are vulnerable under the high ball needs to stop
    They have comfortably dealt with star donaghy and o shea down through the years

• Advertisement

Fitzsimons grabbed around the neck, 8 feet in front of the ref.

Advertisement