Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Day 64 of the Pennsylvania count (pt 5) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Uhmmm.. such great people that hired by the greatest business person.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1333822843969302529?s=19

"<insert name here> should be taken out back and shot" while in poor taste is a commonly used phrase to say someone is terrible at something. It's hardly the same as saying that someone should be shot and killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,234 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"<insert name here> should be taken out back and shot" while in poor taste is a commonly used phrase to say someone is terrible at something. It's hardly the same as saying that someone should be shot and killed.

With death threats already issued by Trump supporters, plots to kidnap folk in authority and with temperatures running high, at the very least these words are extremely unwelcome and at worst downright dangerous.

What makes matters even worse, this guy is a lawyer and Trump's former lawyer, a profession that calls for choosing words very carefully.

Hence the backlash.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,316 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

everlast75 wrote: »
    With death threats already issued by Trump supporters, plots to kidnap folk in authority and with temperatures running high, at the very least these words are extremely unwelcome and at worst downright dangerous.

What makes matters even worse, this guy is a lawyer and Trump's former lawyer, a profession that calls for choosing words very carefully.

Hence the backlash.

is he not still a lawyer for the trump campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

That's grand for some regular joe but it's very different when it's a US President's lawyer saying this publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Hence the backlash.
    That's grand for some regular joe but it's very different when it's a US President's lawyer saying this publicly.

Those are fair assessments. But the title on the video tweeted there is "Trump lawyer says ex-cybersecurity chief should be shot & killed". That makes it sound much more sinister than it was and I would argue can only serve to stoke tensions further.

• Advertisement

Bannon also calling for a beheading of Fauci.... There's a noticeable pattern and particularly dangerous.

is he not still a lawyer for the trump campaign?

Correct, sorry

There's a man giving evidence at the Michigan 'hearing' now by the name of Randy Bishop.

Sometimes I wonder if the whole Trump era is just an undercover comedy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Bannon also calling for a beheading of Fauci.... There's a noticeable pattern and particularly dangerous.

How else can you live up to the Vanilla ISIS/Y'all Qaeda moniker?

• Advertisement

Trump: "Bill, I want you to go outside, cut your own head off and put it on a stake"

Barr:"Yes Sir."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

eagle eye wrote: »
    Reuters and the BBC report news without agenda.
    You can have whatever opinion you like about the Washington Post and New York Times but I find them great.
    I hate biased news media. CNN have become biased as an example and I didn't mention them as a recommendation.

Were BBC not shown to have been quite biased during the Brexit referendum? Maybe that's just brexiteer talk, but it's something I remember reading about a few years, maybe even recently as well.

I would say BBC are more impartial than most, like our own RTE for example. RTE are quite clever about it though, in that they might just leave one piece of important information out about a story - but one that, if reported, changes the whole slant.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭drogon.

I guess we will see another personal being fired via twitter later today !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Sparko

I dipped briefly into that crazy Sidney Powell's twitter and as expected she's retweeting messages calling for Barr to be fired. Extreme infighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Barr is clearly looking after his own future by coming out admitting there is no corruption. I'm sure the GOP spoke with him before he made that decision.

Another nail in Trumps coffin.

Probably the most nailed shut coffin in history!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭drogon.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Barr is clearly looking after his own future by coming out admitting there is no corruption.

There is nothing to look after, If there is no fraud found - there is no fraud found. It is not like if you tweet about it a million times, it will change anything.

Trump is way too deep into the massive voter fraud saga that he isn't going to give up easily.

The guy never likes to admit he was wrong, so he isn't going to back down anytime soon. Everyone else will move on, but he will still be complaining about it in 4 years time !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,823 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I firmly believe the fraud talk was killing the chances of trust in voting in Georgia. Meaning the Dems will come out of it in bigger numbers and the trump or GOP supporters won't because fraud.

You'll see a large about face during December driven from McConnell.

Selik wrote: »
    With respect, he would be rolling around laughing at the suggestion of all of those except perhaps Reuters. Then again he probably doesn't trust Reuters either. To be fair the first three are more democrat leaning, not sure about Reuters.

After bitching about the result for weeks now, at least he's putting some dough on the line now. January could be funny and he may go to ground !

They are more fact leaning which maybe where his issue is with them

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1333909947042701316?s=19

Please vote below;

Is it

A) Bannon

B) Briody

C) Rudy

D) Someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Just when you thought things could not get any lower.

It's like a bottomless pit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is a crime syndicate

A lot is going to be exposed quickly and I firmly believe Trump will go to prison.

We haven't even scratched the surface here.

This is a crime syndicate

A lot is going to be exposed quickly and I firmly believe Trump will go to prison.

We haven't even scratched the surface here.

I have this feeling trumps crack legal team will draft a presidential pardon of himself for the last minutes of his term, only for the detail in the pardon to reveal something that will eventually lead to one of his kids ending up in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1333909947042701316?s=19

Please vote below;

Is it

A) Bannon

B) Briody

C) Rudy

D) Someone else

My money is on Stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Its from august so likely stone. Giuliani probably the bag man. This is big.

froog wrote: »
    Its from august so likely stone. Giuliani probably the bag man. This is big.

I thought the story at the time was that stone didn't want a pardon. He didn't want to admit to doing anything wrong and wanted to keep his ability to vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

I thought the story at the time was that stone didn't want a pardon. He didn't want to admit to doing anything wrong and wanted to keep his ability to vote?

well, with Stone the story is always a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The crimes just keep on coming. Bribes for pardons - sounds about right for this administration and the unsavoury characters surrounding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Cody montana

President Trump is said to have discussed with advisers whether to grant pre-emptive pardons to his three oldest children and Jared Kushner.

It’s a crime family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,130 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Innocent people seek pardons...

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/sean-hannity-slams-fbi-doubles-down-on-trump-pardoning-himself-and-his-family-it-would-be-right-to-do-so-because-these-people-are-nuts/

I think a challenge to this would be accepted by the Supreme Court. In all effect, he hopes to set the precedent that a lame duck president could commit any and all manner of federal crimes, then pardon himself, with no ramifications from Congress, from impeachment, or from the DOJ from indictment. It would place a President above the law to the point where they could - taken to the legal extreme, commit 1st degree murder, or several murders or other serious crimes, and then immediately pardon themselves and all their co-conspirators, resign, and that's just supposed to be acceptable under the law and by the society. It would be legal for Trump to shoot Biden in the skull during his inauguration. King for a day.

20170120-donald-trump-inauguration-getty.jpg

I think Trump et al. must suppose the inability to take the 5th as civilians is not that much of a hamstring if they can just blather, "I don't recall." I don't think they've thought this through very clearly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement