Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2020 in the Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pluggedout

Maybe they are working their way through the 2019 General Stream panel before proceeding to next stage. They just formed a new one in November so would make little sense if they didn't exhaust that first I guess.p

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ddpas

Results also out for the business and finance stream :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

ddpas wrote: »
    Results also out for the business and finance stream :)

They are probably waiting for every stream to do the assessments together. The general stream just goes straight to assessment centre, whereas some streams have to go through a recorded interview first.

The next stage of the finance stream is an interview and presentation, seems to have skipped assessment centre entirely!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Wyattwouldnt

The next stage of the finance stream is an interview and presentation, seems to have skipped assessment centre entirely!

I might be wrong but I thought the assessment centre was the interview and presentation?

• Advertisement

I presume you made it through to the next round, congratulations!
    There hasn't been anything on the general stream so far since stage 1 results were out.

I might be wrong but I thought the assessment centre was the interview and presentation?

Fair that could be it yeah! Just for the third sec competition the assessment was a written exercise and not an interview

FenFlynn wrote: »
    I presume you made it through to the next round, congratulations!
    There hasn't been anything on the general stream so far since stage 1 results were out.

Thanks a mil! I'd say there are a lot more candidates in the general stream so that could explain the delay

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Has anyone contacted PAS about what the next possible steps for the general stream will be?

If its the case that they have completed pre-recorded video interviews for the specialized streams, and created new OOM's based on that - will they pull all of the specialized steams and the general stream (based on OOM from the original aptitude tests) forward for interviewing/presentation together?

Fair that could be it yeah! Just for the third sec competition the assessment was a written exercise and not an interview

Who knows at this stage! I think we still have an assessment centre coming up for third sec too unfortunately 😅 Provided we pass the last one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

Got my results for the business/finance video interview. Was told that I passed, but didn't score high enough to progress onto stage 3. Did anyone else get this? I'm assuming this means I'm out of the stream now?

Who knows at this stage! I think we still have an assessment centre coming up for third sec too unfortunately �� Provided we pass the last one...

Is stage 4 not an interview? Can't cope with how long the process is

Only 253 called forward for the general stream, I don't know what's delaying them to be honest. Already finished stage 3 for the Third Sec.

Who knows at this stage! I think we still have an assessment centre coming up for third sec too unfortunately �� Provided we pass the last one...

There is only an interview left after the precis. Fingers crossed for that one, hopefully we hear something next week

Is stage 4 not an interview? Can't cope with how long the process is

Is it? Oh that would be great. I must be mixing up competitions haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

Anyone hear from the HR stream yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Yer_Wan_1202

Got my results for the business/finance video interview. Was told that I passed, but didn't score high enough to progress onto stage 3. Did anyone else get this? I'm assuming this means I'm out of the stream now?

Yeah same with me! I didn't realise the score to get through to stage 3 would be so high - you need an average of nearly 80 per question, but only 40 to pass?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BellaCiao

Just received a message from PAS there about the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

BellaCiao wrote: »
    Just received a message from PAS there about the next stage.

Same.

"Candidates who applied, and are eligible for more than one stream, will attend for interview once". Wish I'd just ticked the boxes for all competitions now :S

Also FYI: " By taking part you are also agreeing that you will not share the content of the presentation brief with anyone, either in person, on social media or by any other means."

I've not yet interviewed during the Zoom era, and never for a job whose interviews need suits (I'm in tech), what does everyone recommend wearing for something like this?

• Advertisement

floorpie wrote: »
    Same.

"Candidates who applied, and are eligible for more than one stream, will attend for interview once". Wish I'd just ticked the boxes for all competitions now :S

Also FYI: " By taking part you are also agreeing that you will not share the content of the presentation brief with anyone, either in person, on social media or by any other means."

Which stream is that for? I haven't heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Yep. Same here. I wasn't sure if I'd go ahead with the video interview or not, but I'm glad I did. It's good to realise the standard required. I scored 80 / 67 / 66, 213 in total but required 231 to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 5001800

Same with me but I was only 1 point away from progressing. Is there a way to appeal to see if they will bump up my score by 1 point!

I've not yet interviewed during the Zoom era, and never for a job whose interviews need suits (I'm in tech), what does everyone recommend wearing for something like this?

I'd always wear business attire for an interview, suit and trousers or skirt, no matter where I do it, but it's just personal choice. It makes me feel right in the mood as opposed to the casual wear everyday.

5001800 wrote: »
    Same with me but I was only 1 point away from progressing. Is there a way to appeal to see if they will bump up my score by 1 point!

That's a killer! If I were you I wouldn't be discouraged by that though, they always seem to run out after one round. You'll be the first to be called forward should that happen this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Yep. Same here. I wasn't sure if I'd go ahead with the video interview or not, but I'm glad I did. It's good to realise the standard required. I scored 80 / 67 / 66, 213 in total but required 231 to proceed.
    5001800 wrote: »

If you reach the qualifying mark, you will be called forward if they do another round of interviews.

The application booklet will outline an appeals procedure.

I'd always wear business attire for an interview, suit and trousers or skirt, no matter where I do it, but it's just personal choice. It makes me feel right in the mood as opposed to the casual wear everyday.

Thanks. I wouldn't wear casual but I'm in two minds between just shirt/shirt tie, and full suit. And it was the general stream!

Thanks. I wouldn't wear casual but I'm in two minds between just shirt/shirt tie, and full suit. And it was the general stream!

Sorry, do you mind me asking what your OOM is, I'm slightly after 100 but haven't heard anything yet for the/ general stream. Thanks

Has everyone from the General stream heard news about the next stage? Still no notification here, I emailed them to ask how many were brought forward. Getting concerned that I didn't make shortlisting based on application form or my form wasn't submitted properly. That would just be too much! Hopefully it's just only top 100 called forward first.

• Advertisement

Has everyone from the General stream heard news about the next stage? Still no notification here, I emailed them to ask how many were brought forward. Getting concerned that I didn't make shortlisting based on application form or my form wasn't submitted properly. That would just be too much! Hopefully it's just only top 100 called forward first.

I sent you a PM

Advertisement