Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Hello,

I have an item ordered about 10 days ago from a well-known Irish retailer who use An Post to deliver their items.

They said in the purchase email that when the item is shipped I can track same via a link they provided, which when I click brings me to the An Post website which is always giving me an “awaiting information on your post” message.

I rang said retailer to follow up and they are adamant the item left their warehouse the day after purchase which would be 9 days ago now.

For anyone more familiar than me with An Post, based on the message I get from the aforementioned tracking link, is it just a case that An Post may not have got around to processing yet? I’m just a little worried it may be lost and it’s a relatively high value item Christmas present.

What way does An Post work for retailers as a matter of interest? Does the retailer have to get items picked up/posted to An Post who then have to process same and get the item to the customer, or is it streamlined?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

BrentMused wrote: »
    Hello,

I have an item ordered about 10 days ago from a well-known Irish retailer who use An Post to deliver their items.

They said in the purchase email that when the item is shipped I can track same via a link they provided, which when I click brings me to the An Post website which is always giving me an “awaiting information on your post” message.

I rang said retailer to follow up and they are adamant the item left their warehouse the day after purchase which would be 9 days ago now.

For anyone more familiar than me with An Post, based on the message I get from the aforementioned tracking link, is it just a case that An Post may not have got around to processing yet? I’m just a little worried it may be lost and it’s a relatively high value item Christmas present.

What way does An Post work for retailers as a matter of interest? Does the retailer have to get items picked up/posted to An Post who then have to process same and get the item to the customer, or is it streamlined?

I ordered something from Arnotts a couple of weeks ago. It shipped, was never scanned but was delivered within a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Gru

Well not according to our postman. He said they have the option of doing a Saturday delivery OR a Sunday delivery but whichever they do they have to pick up the mail on the Saturday.

May be different around the country but I doubt it?

We had post and parcel delivery yesterday, and items we ordered on Nov 25th from amazon just got delivered just now,

fair play to An Post on that one and the An post staff out working Saturday & Sunday now :eek: at least they are doing all they can to clear the delays and meet the volumes incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

Gru wrote: »
    We had post and parcel delivery yesterday, and items we ordered on Nov 25th from amazon just got delivered just now,

fair play to An Post on that one and the An post staff out working Saturday & Sunday now :eek: at least they are doing all they can to clear the delays and meet the volumes incoming.

can anyone explain how I am still waiting for a parcel from uk ordered 10th nov?!! & re-ordered same item from same company via Royal Mail it left uk on wednesday & I had it friday morning?!!! totally baffled whats happened to the post from uk on 10th, & a lot of others waiting on parcels from that date as well😳

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Any ideas what's going on here? I posted a similar package two days before this and it was delivered within 2 days. Both to the UK.
    MOD <SNIP> Do not make unfounded allegations like that please.

• Advertisement

stesaurus wrote: »
    Any ideas what's going on here? I posted a similar package two days before this and it was delivered within 2 days. Both to the UK.
    MOD <SNIP>

i dunno what’s going on, like that i received a parcel from uk in 2 days on Friday, yet still waiting for 1 posted from uk from 10th nov, it seems to ne a complete mess and pot luck whether ur item moves quickly or not at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Parcels from Cork to Cork are being sent through Port Laoise.
    How is that economically viable??????

i dunno what’s going on, like that i received a parcel from uk in 2 days on Friday, yet still waiting for 1 posted from uk from 10th nov, it seems to ne a complete mess and pot luck whether ur item moves quickly or not at all!!

so anyone who is waiting on a parcel from around the 10th Nov An Post have confirmed on webchat that there is most definitely a problem as they have had so many queries with missing items, (that left langley heathrow)apparently Royal Mail are looking into it...if anyone is still wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

I've sent a package from Cork to Austria on Friday got collected by TNT on Friday 3pm and just got delivered at 2pm in Austria today. It was a 2.5kg parcel and cost me EUR 26.00.

I am still waiting on a 15kg parcel sent from Austria on the 22nd October which hasn't reached Ireland yet,

I have also sent a small package to Australia on the 12th November which is still sitting in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

BrentMused wrote: »
    Hello,

Thats pretty common with all couriers - the sender goes online and fills in the details and prints out the delivery info and sticks it on the box - they then send you the email.

But you won't get any meaningful update until the courier or An Post has got the parcel and has scanned it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,404 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've just had a package from Amazon delivered that has been sitting in the Dublin 12 parcel depot since the 17th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ST3NG4H

I ordered an item from the US on the 11th Nov. It did an 8 day loop from New Jersey to New York and then back to New Jersey. All jouneys that could be driven in an hour and a half.

Turned up in London on the 20th or so USPS tracking says, Royal Mail tracking says it's still in the US with 'This item is now leaving the originating country'.

An Post tracking says 'awaiting information on your package'. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

It's mad out there, Trucks lined up all night that can't get near the place.

They have to use these new pallet type boxes because they ran out of cages, they can't get anymore cages. Only problem is the delivery offices aren't equipped for them so there are delays getting the stuff in. Cages coming in at night, pallet boxes coming into the yards during the day.

Supposed to be a load of Christmas staff in but they had to be scaled back this year because of Covid, they can't have everyone on top of each other, all it takes is one infection and if that spreads then the place will be shut down.

Add in the fact the shops have been closed and people are ordering a **** ton of stuff online it was always going to be mental.

Amazon started delivering their own, and you could see the difference in the volume decrease but they obviously can't handle it now because there is loads of their stuff coming through again which has there own delivery label on them which were obviously intended for their own drivers, but it's now being passed onto AnPost.

Lads are out 7 days a week now too.

I don't know what more they can do to be honest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ST3NG4H wrote: »
    I ordered an item from the US on the 11th Nov. It did an 8 day loop from New Jersey to New York and then back to New Jersey. All jouneys that could be driven in an hour and a half.

Turned up in London on the 20th or so USPS tracking says, Royal Mail tracking says it's still in the US with 'This item is now leaving the originating country'.

An Post tracking says 'awaiting information on your package'. Madness.

Not an An Post problem. Looks like it’s between USPS and Royal Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ST3NG4H

Ha, not yet. With this items luck, it will be.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    It's mad out there, Trucks lined up all night that can't get near the place.

They have to use these new pallet type boxes because they ran out of cages, they can't get anymore cages. Only problem is the delivery offices aren't equipped for them so there are delays getting the stuff in. Cages coming in at night, pallet boxes coming into the yards during the day.

Supposed to be a load of Christmas staff in but they had to be scaled back this year because of Covid, they can't have everyone on top of each other, all it takes is one infection and if that spreads then the place will be shut down.

Add in the fact the shops have been closed and people are ordering a **** ton of stuff online it was always going to be mental.

Amazon started delivering their own, and you could see the difference in the volume decrease but they obviously can't handle it now because there is loads of their stuff coming through again which has there own delivery label on them which were obviously intended for their own drivers, but it's now being passed onto AnPost.

Lads are out 7 days a week now too.

I don't know what more they can do to be honest.

i don’t get it!! im waiting on a parcel from uk left langley heathrow on 10th, still not received by an post, yet last week i ordered an item on tues, left uk (langley again) wednesday was in d12 hub on thursday & in my post box Friday morning!!! it makes no sence how it took this package from same company 2 days to get from uk to me, yet so many others are delayed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

we are all aware of the delays and the backlog AnPost has to deal with but a little more transparency would be appropriate.

AnPost should stop accepting express mail, update their website with updated delivery times, give an update on backlog and their plan of action, consistent tracking, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Gally79 wrote: »
    we are all aware of the delays and the backlog AnPost has to deal with but a little more transparency would be appropriate.

AnPost should stop accepting express mail, update their website with updated delivery times, give an update on backlog and their plan of action, consistent tracking, etc

Seems a bit of a ripoff scam to be accepting payment for express nextday delivery when they know they don't have a hope in hell of achieving that.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

A load of amazon drivers have gone on strike apparently?? Anyone here that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

i don’t get it!! im waiting on a parcel from uk left langley heathrow on 10th, still not received by an post, yet last week i ordered an item on tues, left uk (langley again) wednesday was in d12 hub on thursday & in my post box Friday morning!!! it makes no sence how it took this package from same company 2 days to get from uk to me, yet so many others are delayed!!!

Scanned at Langley. Not "left".

As I've said several times, when it scans at a departure airport it simply means it is ready to leave.

But until there is cargo space available, it sits in the holding area.

Same if you check in for a flight - you can be waiting hours in some cases to actually leave.

• Advertisement

Darc19 wrote: »
    Scanned at Langley. Not "left".

As I've said several times, when it scans at a departure airport it simply means it is ready to leave.

But until there is cargo space available, it sits in the holding area.

Same if you check in for a flight - you can be waiting hours in some cases to actually leave.

good news it’s eventually arrived in ireland an post tracking, seems the 10th nov has finally arrived for anyone else waiting check ur tracking, yes still baffled though as to how i received a parcel from uk last week in 2 days from heathrow as well!!’ 10th parcels must have missed their flight!!!

good news it’s eventually arrived in ireland an post tracking, seems the 10th nov has finally arrived for anyone else waiting check ur tracking, yes still baffled though as to how i received a parcel from uk last week in 2 days from heathrow as well!!’ 10th parcels must have missed their flight!!!
    Wouldn't that have been a royal mail issue?

Thoughts on my tracking anyone?
    Will I get it before Christmas, or ever!
    Pricey package€

• Registered Users Posts: 13 reddev75

Thoughts on my tracking anyone?
    Will I get it before Christmas, or ever!
    Pricey package€

Id say within 2 weeks,you will have yours.you have to have some christmas hope mate.my little 1 is nearly 4.she's had me watch the christmas chronicles movie with her so many times in the last week,i believe in santa again!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JamieTra2017

Hi is there anybody still waiting on post from USA via USPS and an Post from around the 8th November ? I still havnt received mine. Mine was posted the 29th Oct. Arrived to Ireland on the 8th and nothing since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Dublin Parcel Hub is hit & miss at the moment. Stuff that arrived in there last Wednesday night hasn't budged yet something that arrived there on Friday was delivered yesterday.

Hi is there anybody still waiting on post from USA via USPS and an Post from around the 8th November ? I still havnt received mine. Mine was posted the 29th Oct. Arrived to Ireland on the 8th and nothing since.

How do you know that it arrived in ireland?

If it's the usps scan it simply means that it has processed to the departure airport, but it does not confirm that it has left the US.

Airfreight is at a massive premium at present. Where I am we needed to transport a load of stuff from Boston - it took two weeks to get space on air cargo to London (longer if we wanted direct to Dublin) and road/sea to our premises here AND we had to pay twice what we would have paid last year.

Pharma and tech companies are outbidding everyone on freight causing massive delays and increased costs.

So if you are expecting anything from outside Ireland, expect to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Dublin Parcel Hub is hit & miss at the moment. Stuff that arrived in there last Wednesday night hasn't budged yet something that arrived there on Friday was delivered yesterday.

I'm in the same situation, have stuff sitting there since last week, hasn't budged this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

An Post seem to be back on track for my Amazon Prime deliveries... As all my shopping I made on Black Friday seem to be tracking through the system as expected: (small item delivered yesterday, two due today which arrived in the dub hub on Sunday and 4 arrived in the Dub Hub on Monday).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

schmoo2k wrote: »
    An Post do seem to prioritize Amazon Prime deliveries over regular ones... As all my shopping I made on Black Friday seem to be tracking through the system as expected: (small item delivered yesterday, two due today which arrived in the dub hub on Sunday and 4 arrived in the Dub Hub on Monday).

I'm seeing this. Amazon Prime stuff is getting through and car parts from Micks Garage haven't moved in 4 days.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement