Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Not available it seems..

If you select UK address then they are available

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Aquos76 wrote: »
    If you select UK address then they are available

Oops my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Is the 30% off Warehouse stock over? Have something in my basket but no reduction at payment page.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is the 30% off Warehouse stock over? Have something in my basket but no reduction at payment page.

Only items you find when searching here are applicable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Basq wrote: »
    Tried one myself and you’re right.. probably battery-related.

AddressPal is your only option.

Watch yer parcel sizes with PM and addresspal.

PM will reject anything that wont fit in a locker, and AP will hit you for an oversize charge.

Vacuum cleaners are NOT drop-box service friendly! ;-(

Can anybody recommend a good steam cleaner or am I wasting my money?

Steam cleaners are much of a muchness... Like, they boil water and make steam!

Karcher, Vax and the like are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Steam cleaners are much of a muchness... Like, they boil water and make steam!

Karcher, Vax and the like are ok.

I’ve just heard such much mixed reviews about them.
    Part of me feels like I’d be buying more clutter.

tusk wrote: »
    why are electric toothbrushes so expensive... like are they really worth it? and what's the difference between one for 300 quid and 30 quid

Around 270 quid I'd say... :D

dowtchaboy wrote: »

When you sign up for AddressPal you'll need to give a credit card for any uses of the home delivery option, as you'll be charged when they receive it in UK. Whereas the older system applies to Post Office where they collect the payment from you when you collect it.

Update!: Looks like they are closing the Post Office collection option! This was on the screen when I logged in just now:

>>From January 1st 2021 Post Office/Collection Point addresses can no longer be used.<<

So it looks like the 3.95 deal is gone. Brexit will cost us....

There's another similar operation run by DPD called Parcel Wizard. Have no experience of it - I use ParcelMotel, and more recently AddressPal.

AddressPal's big advantage is their Mainland address. The other 2 parcel outfits are both in Norn Iren...

• Advertisement

I have 2 steam cleaners. a big one and a handheld. They are seldom used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Depends on how much of a clean freak you are tbh.
    The big things seem to be capacity, 1L+ ideally, and time it takes to boil the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

There’s a few sets of them that go on sale from time to time.
    The travellers sell them around me also. Not the worst set of knifes in the World for the price.

I got a set in a car park last year - I was approached by a talkative gent after I did my shopping. Work fine for the finally agreed price of €10. I think they're shipped from the Amazon fulfillment centre in Rathkeale.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Can anybody recommend a good steam cleaner or am I wasting my money?

Waste of money. Wife has bought about 3 of them over the years, all shíte

I got a set in a car park last year - I was approached by a talkative gent after I did my shopping. Work fine for the finally agreed price of €10. I think they're shipped from the Amazon fulfillment centre in Rathkeale.

25 year guarantee, Boss..

I've started to notice more and more 10% and 20% vouchers off on some items but the are only appearing when logged in with a UK address selected. The 27w USB-C charger is currently £15.99 with a 20% voucher off, when added to my cart and changed deliver to my home address I got a notice saying cannot be delivered to my shipping address. When I searched then again it shows up for £16.59 and changes then to £16.72 to reflect difference in VAT.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-30-at-13-03-12.png

Screen-Shot-2020-11-30-at-13-04-46.png

Screen-Shot-2020-11-30-at-13-03-26.png

Screen-Shot-2020-11-30-at-13-05-37.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭robwen

3 Echo dots, left UK on the 19th Nov, a further scan on the 20th Nov and nothing since, I was refunded for them on Friday ok, but Im still hoping the turn up as they are all currently out of stock until the new year now.

In a similar position myself, what happens if they turn up after you've been refunded, will they charge u again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

robwen wrote: »
    In a similar position myself, what happens if they turn up after you've been refunded, will they charge u again?
    No, I've so far got about 100 euro of stuff free,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭robwen

Space Dog wrote: »
    I've had a Fairywill Sonic Toothbrush for over a year and I'm very happy with it, it's quite cheap compared to other sonic toothbrushes. Not as powerful as a Sonicare but I find it great.

Do u have to buy the replacement heads from Amazon aswell then?

I asked that and was told that if I don't return them then I will be charged for them after 1st March I think they said. If they do turn up, I will ring them up again and see will they do something for me. I have had items go missing like this in the last few weeks, then turn up only to be told that I don't need to send them back. At this stage, I am just hoping they turn up. I took Amazon credit as the refund, so I'll just leave that sitting in my account for a week or two and see then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got two sets for €12.

august12 wrote: »
    No, I've so far got about 100 euro of stuff free,

What did you do after you got the email after it was eventually delivered asking you to return the items?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

any good prepay phone deals out there today. looking for a first phone for a 12 year old. so far have come across Huawei P Smart 2021 and Samsung Galaxy a20E. Budget is less than 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I've been charged again a couple of times for normal items but not charged twice for Warehouse items that turned up after the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Watch yer parcel sizes with PM and addresspal.

PM will reject anything that wont fit in a locker, and AP will hit you for an oversize charge.

Vacuum cleaners are NOT drop-box service friendly! ;-(

Have one heading for AP, it's status is awaiting dispatch, waiting to see can they change it to PW who I believe are a bit better in that department

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

mrcheez wrote: »
    The Switchbots are on sale again... not quite as good as the discount 2 weeks ago, but still decent

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B4D9KVX

can you get these things to tap a keyboard ala Homer Simpson?

asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

tusk wrote: »
    why are electric toothbrushes so expensive... like are they really worth it? and what's the difference between one for 300 quid and 30 quid
    Just get the Fairywill toothbrushes, usually around 16 pound and as good as any of the expensive ones I've had.

No need for the expensive models. Many have gimmicks like Bluetooth which teaches you how to brush correctly.

Round headed brushes remove plaque more effectively.

The Oral B 2500 has a round head, pressure sensor + gum cleaner setting and that's all you need.

The fairywill doesn't have a round head. I have not tried the fairywill but it stands out that the brush head is sized like a manual brush head.

I've started to notice more and more 10% and 20% vouchers off on some items but the are only appearing when logged in with a UK address selected. The 27w USB-C charger is currently £15.99 with a 20% voucher off, when added to my cart and changed deliver to my home address I got a notice saying cannot be delivered to my shipping address. When I searched then again it shows up for £16.59 and changes then to £16.72 to reflect difference in VAT.

Different sellers, one is Spigen and the other is Spigen EU. Sometimes only the Spigen store will have a voucher for that product and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

buzzerxx wrote: »

Who is going to spend 19,000 pounds on a tv

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement