Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pasteur. wrote: »
    What would addresspal home delivery charge ?

For the size or will they let you go
    7KG’s looks to be weight so you’re looking at €9.49 delivered to house - or €3.95 collected from post office.

Not sure how strict An Post are on oversized item as that would be definitely over what they indicate as their max dimensions:

blue_box.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Basq, thank you - I had not heard of address pal, and now my better half will have the hoover she wants. Thank you very much! I assume addresspal just take payment whenever they receive the package?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Monokne wrote: »
    Any sign of any cyber Monday deals? Was hoping they might be doing some type of prime membership deal

They didn't discount it for Prime Day, highly unlikely to discount it today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CDB4YZG/?coliid=I91LOISU6AN36&colid=2AXOTNN1YGDNZ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Oral-B Smart 6 6000N electric toothbrush. Says its reduced by 75% from 219GBP originally. Not sure how much that is true though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

The Oral-B Smart 6 is 75% off. One of the few electric toothbrushes where the top reviews don't seem to be one-star highly critical reviews. My old Oral B electric one is banjaxed so I'm tempted by this. But I have a niggly feeling the apparent reduction in price is nowhere near 75%.

• Advertisement

Basq, thank you - I had not heard of address pal, and now my better half will have the hoover she wants. Thank you very much! I assume addresspal just take payment whenever they receive the package?
    Not sure about Home Delivery.. presume they either ring you to arrange delivery / payment on receipt of the item.

But for collecting from post office, you pay when you collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Basq wrote: »
    Not sure about Home Delivery.. presume they either ring you to arrange delivery / payment on receipt of the item.

But for collecting from post office, you pay when you collect it.

It's like parcel motel, they charge you when it arrives to them. Gets delivered by postman so no contact with customer other than text/email to say it has been received by them and delivery will take place within next few days.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CDB4YZG/?coliid=I91LOISU6AN36&colid=2AXOTNN1YGDNZ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Oral-B Smart 6 6000N electric toothbrush. Says its reduced by 75% from 219GBP originally. Not sure how much that is true though!
    It’s the cheapest it’s been but ignore the overinflated RRP (I find electric toothbrushes the worst for this), it’s typically been sold around the £83 mark.. but a good saving nonetheless!

roro1990 wrote: »
    The Oral-B Smart 6 is 75% off. One of the few electric toothbrushes where the top reviews don't seem to be one-star highly critical reviews. My old Oral B electric one is banjaxed so I'm tempted by this. But I have a niggly feeling the apparent reduction in price is nowhere near 75%.

It's usually £75-£88 on Amazon so it's still a good price. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

roro1990 wrote: »

Mine arrived the other day to replace an old oral b 9000, happy with it only slight annoyance is they took away the icons on the body showing what mode the brush is in. The reduction is a lie, price wise for the 5 mode toothbrushes of the past this is a little cheaper by maybe 15-20 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,310 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can anybody recommend a good steam cleaner or am I wasting my money?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PurpleBoxHero

An Post are strict on sizes, the warehouse in the UK refused delivery of an item I had ordered to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Can anybody recommend a good steam cleaner or am I wasting my money?

https://www.kaercher.com/ie/home-gar...-15120620.html

My wife got this a few weeks ago and loves it.
    It was £99.99 stg (down from £150), and another €4 with address pal.
    Not sure how much it is at the minute, but there's 10% off if you use yellow10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

why are electric toothbrushes so expensive... like are they really worth it? and what's the difference between one for 300 quid and 30 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The Switchbots are on sale again... not quite as good as the discount 2 weeks ago, but still decent

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B4D9KVX

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Anybody experiencing any noticeable delivery delays? Got one sitting with An Post at sorted status for a week.

(Time of year for it)

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Anybody experiencing any noticeable delivery delays? Got one sitting with An Post at sorted status for a week.

(Time of year for it)

Most of mine are good apart from one parcel that took ages to get to Ireland and it haven’t moved from Portlaoise in a few days.
    That and the cards, club card vouchers that got lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,725 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

tusk wrote: »
    why are electric toothbrushes so expensive... like are they really worth it? and what's the difference between one for 300 quid and 30 quid

Just get the Fairywill toothbrushes, usually around 16 pound and as good as any of the expensive ones I've had.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

tusk wrote: »

When this new sonic technology came in all the prices of the big brands seemed to rocket upwards.

Check out a brand called Fairywell on Amazon, their electric toothbrush has the sonic function at a budget price and it gets your teeth really clean A good few on here got one when it was reduced last year to £18, Im happy with mine anyway. It also times the brushing in 30 second segments so you know you're doing the full two minutes which I definitely wasnt before owning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

philips hue gu10 + button reduced to £75 pounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Bought a second set of eufy 2cs a day after my original which arrived last week. Second set delivery has been pushed to 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

(Time of year for it)

Have one sitting there for 5 days now..id like to think it will be out for delivery today but nothing updated yet..

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

(Time of year for it)

3 Echo dots, left UK on the 19th Nov, a further scan on the 20th Nov and nothing since, I was refunded for them on Friday ok, but Im still hoping the turn up as they are all currently out of stock until the new year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Set of kitchen knives 52% off on a lightning deal, were £19.99 now £9.59
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Stainless-Coating-Santoku-5Utility/dp/B07DPM5C7S/ref=gbps_img___7a85e25b?smid=A24FJKWQFOJFF0
    Seem to get good reviews for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Muahahaha wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Stainless-Coating-Santoku-5Utility/dp/B07DPM5C7S/ref=gbps_img___7a85e25b?smid=A24FJKWQFOJFF0

Not available it seems..

Muahahaha wrote: »

There’s a few sets of them that go on sale from time to time.
    The travellers sell them around me also. Not the worst set of knifes in the World for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Space Dog

mrcheez wrote: »
    The Switchbots are on sale again... not quite as good as the discount 2 weeks ago, but still decent

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B4D9KVX

I've had a Fairywill Sonic Toothbrush for over a year and I'm very happy with it, it's quite cheap compared to other sonic toothbrushes. Not as powerful as a Sonicare but I find it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

When you sign up for AddressPal you'll need to give a credit card for any uses of the home delivery option, as you'll be charged when they receive it in UK. Whereas the older system applies to Post Office where they collect the payment from you when you collect it.

Update!: Looks like they are closing the Post Office collection option! This was on the screen when I logged in just now:

>>From January 1st 2021 Post Office/Collection Point addresses can no longer be used.<<

So it looks like the 3.95 deal is gone. Brexit will cost us....

There's another similar operation run by DPD called Parcel Wizard. Have no experience of it - I use ParcelMotel, and more recently AddressPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Parcel Wizard are withdrawing the service in about two weeks' time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Not available it seems..

if you have your delivery address set to a UK address it will be visible.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement