Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    The Amazon scammers were out in force today... Calls to say yer card was charged £259 for a new iPhone. If you didn't order it, press 1 for Customer Services... You'll be quickly relieved of yer card limit if you go through and give your card details...

I had 8 calls in the space of 2 hours.. BAstards!!!

Where are they getting your number

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Pasteur. wrote: »
    Where are they getting your number

I don't know. I suspect they just try a range of numbers from phone books or such like and do a robocall, hoping someone will bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Finally g29 logitech wheel dispatched, ordered 22 Nov. Now waiting on them to sort out my BenQ 35inch monitor which still is waiting for delivery date!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Would you not block the number after the first call ?

They use different numbers all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

wife is set up on amazon with uk address, not prime customer. Im set up on irish address, prime customer. Wife was looking for health supplements online....she can get the same tablets for asking price thats £5.00 less than i can see it om amazon..this has nothing to do with post or exchange rates...just wondering why or how they justify that?

• Advertisement

LillySV wrote: »
    wife is set up on amazon with uk address, not prime customer. Im set up on irish address, prime customer. Wife was looking for health supplements online....she can get the same tablets for asking price thats £5.00 less than i can see it om amazon..this has nothing to do with post or exchange rates...just wondering why or how they justify that?

Are they the same seller? Do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I noticed hings are gone a bit haywire trying to buy some stuff from UK lately, a fairly big shop that I often buy stuff from previously charged about £6-£8 for delivery of a handy enough package. I was going to buy an item about the size of an apple the other day and postage was £15.99 for some reason.

I and I suspect a lot of others are going to miss Parcel Wizard but not as much as the UK is going to miss our custom. Someone will fill the gap and we'll get along fine without supporting UK jobs.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

If a trade deal is agreed we can still use addresspal

The brits are nearly stupid and arrogant enough not to agree to one, it'll be their loss if they don't though and that's a banker.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Supply and demand

It's that way with a lot of stuff online

Are they the same seller? Do you have a link?

heres the link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001FFH4E4/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_fabc_DLmZFb6K0KHJ3

When shes logged in on phone, its 10.99 and seems to sold by amazon...when she emails the link to me, i open it up on my laptop which is logged into my account and its 15.44 and not through amazon. im relatively new at using amazon and just seems odd that the same link could throw up a different result...think ill be doing abit more maths in future when ordering

• Advertisement

heres the link

When shes logged in on phone, its 10.99 and seems to sold by amazon...when she emails the link to me, i open it up on my laptop which is logged into my account and its 15.44 and not through amazon. im relatively new at using amazon and just seems odd that the same link could throw up a different result...think ill be doing abit more maths in future when ordering

I assume the issue there is that Amazon don't ship many pharmacy related items to Ireland, whereas some third party sellers seemingly do.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

It's the address. She's likely not logged into her account on her phone or has a UK address selected.

If I use my PM address, it's the cheaper price. Irish address, much higher price.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Certain supplements and medical goods are zero vat in the UK, but full vat here. I had packs of facemasks go up by a fiver when delivered to the ROI address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Surprised to see my monitor has now shipped today.... So that's nearly everthing I'm waiting on, bar a few small items...

Is there going to be an amazon withdrawal thread available in January when brexit goes t1ts up..... My first order was back near 2008 I think, and I'm afraid to add up how much I spent since then...

P. S. I know there will be other amazon options (I have used them a few times) , but is it going to come with free delivery, and the same extensive choice as today?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

Anyone buy a fire 10 with buyers remorse. Looking for one but missed out on the reduced price of £90. Not sure if its worth the £149

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

ForestFire wrote: »
    Is there going to be an amazon withdrawal thread available in January when brexit goes t1ts up..... My first order was back near 2008 I think, and I'm afraid to add up how much I spent since then...
    I just checked my first order and it's a little further back, I equally wouldn't like to know how much I've spent over the years.

535391.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

heres the link

If you go into other sellers the 10.99 option is there but with delivery costs of 12.50 so the £15 plus £6 delivery is the cheaper combined price, none of the options are sold directly or fulfilled by Amazon and i'm presuming the delivery prices are based on location

NATLOR wrote: »
    If you go into other sellers the 10.99 option is there but with delivery costs of 12.50 so the £15 plus £6 delivery is the cheaper combined price, none of the options are sold directly or fulfilled by Amazon and i'm presuming the delivery prices are based on location

That's from a different seller. You can get it direct from Amazon also at £10.99 with free Prime delivery if you have a UK address. That seller is just price matching Amazon's own price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

That's from a different seller. You can get it direct from Amazon also at £10.99 with free Prime delivery if you have a UK address. That seller is just price matching Amazon's own price.

So it is, my mistake

NATLOR wrote: »

she can get it delivered for 10.99 and then delivered for free to her addresspal, she can then spend €4.00 for the addresspal delivery...basically showed me that there could be better ways to buy from amazon than assume u working out better through prime with its "free delivery"...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

she can get it delivered for 10.99 and then delivered for free to her addresspal, she can then spend €4.00 for the addresspal delivery...basically showed me that there could be better ways to buy from amazon than assume u working out better through prime with its "free delivery"...

Addresspal is now €6.50

I have several amazon accounts for this very reason

Would you like a free trial ?
    Ah go on then

Just be careful not to use gift card straightaway

They tend to lock the account

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The issue isn’t the free postage, the issue is the price is dearer for the ROI, I have prime and it’s showing up for the dearer price for me when my home address is selected where as when I select one of my virtual address, it’s the cheaper price.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The issue isn’t the free postage, the issue is the price is dearer for the ROI, I have prime and it’s showing up for the dearer price for me when my home address is selected where as when I select one of my virtual address, it’s the cheaper price.

It's not dearer for the ROI from the same seller though. Some sellers don't ship internationally, and Amazon themselves also do not ship some items internationally. The price of the item is the same from every seller to every destination (except for VAT difference) as long as they ship that item to that destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Aquos76 wrote: »

I had this issue a while back with a tablet. Turned out it was different VAT rates between the UK and ROI. Could be the same with that product.

.red. wrote: »
    I had this issue a while back with a tablet. Turned out it was different VAT rates between the UK and ROI. Could be the same with that product.

It's not, I've explained why there is a difference several times now. ;)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115535401&postcount=1527

Where do you locate.the actual receipt for items?

I cannot seem to find them and need them for extended warranties

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Pasteur. wrote: »
    Where do you locate.the actual receipt for items?

I cannot seem to find them and need them for extended warranties

Look in Your Orders and on the top right of each one, you will see links for Invoice.

In some cases, this will bring up links for Invoice, Invoice1, and /or request invoice from seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ordered 12 bags of Sensations Salted & Honey Peanuts for £4.83. They arrived today and was only 7 bags in it. Onto CS and got a full refund. Result!

PS - anyone want some peanuts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Basq wrote: »
    Ordered 12 bags of Sensations Salted & Honey Peanuts for £4.83. They arrived today and was only 7 bags in it. Onto CS and got a full refund. Result!

PS - anyone want some peanuts?

Great result. I missed out on that deal ! How do you end up with 7 instead of 12, like clearly they would have known!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement