Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demon's Souls - PS5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

How does one summon help?

Also, any tips on a good sword and upgrading it?

I am about 12 hours in but still doing very little damage with melee attacks!! Any pointers please

You have to be in human form to summon help. When in human form you will see green signs on the ground (usually outside boss fog doors). Just press X on these.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Markitron wrote: »
    Does DeS have a drop off at any point? I only played DS when the remaster released in 2018 but I couldn't believe how the quality nosedived in the final 30-40% of the game. I genuinely think it would have been a better game overall if it ended after O+S.

The gimmick boss fights I'm not a big fan of. And the valley of defilement is a pain in the ass with terrible rewards in terms of the amount of souls you get but it does have the best narrative pay off with the last boss of the area.

The last area people tackle is usually 1-3 which is a real high point for me and the 1-4 boss is pretty great.

It's pretty consistent and probably helped by the structure of the game. Only really lost izalith disappointed me in dark souls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You have to be in human form to summon help. When in human form you will see green signs on the ground (usually outside boss fog doors). Just press X on these.
    How does one summon help?

Also, any tips on a good sword and upgrading it?

I am about 12 hours in but still doing very little damage with melee attacks!! Any pointers please

You can also help by putting down your bluestone outside boss doors, while in soul form.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Defeated the
    man eaters
    last night. Easily the most annoying part of the game so far but in fairness it only took me around 3 attempts. My 2nd attempt was heartbreaking as I accidentally rolled off a ledge with the boss only needing one more hit. Great world though- strong bloodborne vibes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only beat 1-1 so far (bouncing between multiple games) had 1 crack at bosses in 2-1 and 3-1 and ready to settle on a build. I'm using night with build focusing on Str, End and Vit. I'm using crescent falchion +1 and just unlocked the soul arrow. Anyone know if i pump points into magic, does out increase the damage i do with soul arrow as well as magic damage done with the falchion? If so, i think I'll continue strength/magic build upgrading that sword, eventually getting a great shield and using soul arrow for ranged attacks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Only beat 1-1 so far (bouncing between multiple games) had 1 crack at bosses in 2-1 and 3-1 and ready to settle on a build. I'm using night with build focusing on Str, End and Vit. I'm using crescent falchion +1 and just unlocked the soul arrow. Anyone know if i pump points into magic, does out increase the damage i do with soul arrow as well as magic damage done with the falchion? If so, i think I'll continue strength/magic build upgrading that sword, eventually getting a great shield and using soul arrow for ranged attacks.

Yep, I wouldn’t use that weapon if you’re not pumping souls into magic :) That’s my build and it’s going very well so far.

Yep, I wouldn’t use that weapon if you’re not pumping souls into magic :) That’s my build and it’s going very well so far.

Awesome, didn't realise magic would boost the effect from weapons as well, will definitely keep putting that up so.

I remember the tower of latria on ps3 and thought I'd have to quit the game completely as i found it so hard to progress. Waltzed through it this time. I say waltzed, some hairy moments but this playthrough is going a lot better than ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Finished my first run through this evening. Really enjoyed it. I did summon help for two bosses but now I'm thinking I didn't need to as I think I beat the two harder bosses solo, first world and latria.

Will try them solo in my+

Might save that game and start a new one with a different class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Absolutely cracking walkthrough channel here with a very good narration - Insane he has just under sub 500 subs for the quality of content... Shout out to him!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkuTtXkYMNhARZ60Qn-mCsQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Just having a go at NG+ and there is a big step up in difficulty I feel.

Or at least a bigger jump than some of the other games in the series.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ah, 4-2 - turns out that’s the level I remember best, mainly from doing quick farming runs I’d imagine ;) Still a pain getting past some of those reapers. Accidentally triggered black world tendency as well, which puts more bloody difficult enemies along the final cliff :/

Thankfully got it back to neutral and then pushed through fairly easily, after taking advantage of the extra souls up for grabs in black WT. 4-3 boss is a wild one - awkward and gimmicky, but by god is the rain-soaked spectacle of it impressive in the remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,285 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So I'm kinda stuck. Some how my tendency is black on 4-1 and I'm kinda stuck as it's difficult to get passed the red phantom skeleton.

Any advice?

Vicxas wrote: »
    So I'm kinda stuck. Some how my tendency is black on 4-1 and I'm kinda stuck as it's difficult to get passed the red phantom skeleton.

Any advice?

I’m not an expert on world tendency, but the ways to return it to neutral / white are to kill bosses, kill primeval demons (and unfortunately the 4-x one is in 4-2) or banish invaders. The latter is your best bet if you can’t get to the boss, but the problem is dying in human form will push your world more into black tendency.

The other options are to summon someone to help you, or come back to 4-1 later on when you have a higher level.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Or help people complete the level as well.

3-2 and 1-3 are just stunning examples of From level design at its best. The story that unfolds as you progress through them; the way everything eventually loops back; the remake’s revamped visuals at their best. Some of the best levels in their whole oeuvre.

3-2 and 1-3 are just stunning examples of From level design at its best. The story that unfolds as you progress through them; the way everything eventually loops back; the remake’s revamped visuals at their best. Some of the best levels in their whole oeuvre.

3-2 is amazing...the boss at the end of the level is less so :pac:

Dave0301 wrote: »
    3-2 is amazing...the boss at the end of the level is less so :pac:

A tad annoying, but particularly so for the red phantom caster you have to get through on the stairs beforehand!

Latria is better than Anor Londo and Yharnam, it’s amazing.

Ha skeletons are basically my bitches now. It's incredible seeing the bosses in all their next gen glory.

Also, shout out to whoever posted about closing the game if you die at a boss and when it reopens, you'll be at the fog gate. I know it goes against souls etiquette but huge time saver for me.

Beat flamelurker on my first try which was a pleasant surprise, I think I was pretty well specced for the fight though. Was using a +5 flame shield and a +4 Moon Claymore, he took massive damage when I hit him and I didn't take much when I blocked him.

Immediately moved into the next area and was surprised when
    it was another boss fight straight away. Surprise turned to disappointment when I realised this was essentially another bed of chaos scenario. Would have been so cool to fight that thing in a standard fight. Are all the arch demon fights like this? Do any of them have proper levels before hand or do you jump straight in after the 2nd boss like in stonefang?

Ha skeletons are basically my bitches now. It's incredible seeing the bosses in all their next gen glory.

Also, shout out to whoever posted about closing the game if you die at a boss and when it reopens, you'll be at the fog gate. I know it goes against souls etiquette but huge time saver for me.

Tbh I have done this a couple of times too, some of the journeys back to the boss gates are brutal. There was no ****ing wait I was going through the ENTIRE Shrine of Storms again to get the the Adjudicator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It was me ha. Even with all the shortcuts open some of the treks back to the boss were a bit long.

Probably too used to bonfires being so close to bosses in Dark Souls

Tbh I have done this a couple of times too, some of the journeys back to the boss gates are brutal. There was no ****ing wait I was going through the ENTIRE Shrine of Storms again to get the the Adjudicator.

There is a very handy shortcut at the start of that level that brings you straight to the boss.

It is possible to use straightaway as well.

Dave0301 wrote: »
    There is a very handy shortcut at the start of that level that brings you straight to the boss.

It is possible to use straightaway as well.

What? FFS I completely missed that

Do any of them have proper levels before hand or do you jump straight in after the 2nd boss like in stonefang?[/SPOILER]

Yep, most of the ‘3’ are
    just a gimmick boss of some description. The exception is world 1, which has more substantial levels.

There was no ****ing wait I was going through the ENTIRE Shrine of Storms again to get the the Adjudicator.

Too late now, but there is a shortcut,
    beat the 2 archers + skeleton and roll off 2nd tower.
    Only enemies left to worry about then is the black knight + crystal lizard.

Is there a recommended level to finish the game? I'm at SL78 and have about half of the game left. I did a bit of grinding in 4-2 to get the build I wanted.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Too late now, but there is a shortcut,
    beat the 2 archers + skeleton and roll off 2nd tower.
    Only enemies left to worry about then is the black knight + crystal lizard.

They really really should be signposting this, I had to get through this level with black world tendency as well which was a ****ing nightmare

Is there a recommended level to finish the game? I'm at SL78 and have about half of the game left. I did a bit of grinding in 4-2 to get the build I wanted.

They really really should be signposting this, I had to get through this level with black world tendency as well which was a ****ing nightmare

I'd say SL78 at halfway is above what you need to be honest, been a while since I finished Demon's, but around SL75-85 should be good enough for end game, start of NG+.

That shortcut was how I got to the Adjudicator yesterday and had to fight him.
    The fog door after the golden skeletons is one way only, can't go back.

Depending on how good you are, what equipment you have and what you used the stats for, you are slightly over levelled if halfway.

NG+ resets that of course, but depending on how you set your character up it shouldn't take long to reach parity
    PWCT and the Northern Regalia makes things a lot easier

How are ye setting off black world tendency? Are ye slaughtering npc's or happening some other way?

• Advertisement

How are ye setting off black world tendency? Are ye slaughtering npc's or happening some other way?

Dying in a world when in human form will count towards black world tendency.

Played my first run through in soul form to avoid this.

Not a huge fan of the tendency system to be honest.

Advertisement